“The Villas at Grand Floridian.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jessup, Maryland
“The Villas at Grand Floridian.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We used our DVC points to stay one night at the Villas at Grand Floridian. The curbside staff didn't seem as friendly as the staff at the Grand Floridian Resort but the check in staff were great. The layout and decor is really nice. The room was very clean, nice layout, and the split bath is a nice feature.

The only negative that didn't effect us but I could see being a huge issue is the lack of storage. There is one large drawer under the bed and two in the nightstand. Even though the room can sleep 5, there is nowhere near enough storage for that many people to unpack their luggage for a stay longer than a few days.

It is a couple minute walk from the front door to the main Grand Floridian resort building where the shops, restaurants, and monorail station are located. The resort pool with the slide and the mad hatter splash area are both right next to the villas and are very convenient. Just a note for those who have stayed at the resort, there is no valet parking at the villas like there is at the resort.

We had a great stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a standard view and our room overlooked the new tiered fountain and the back side of the pool...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dsnyfan08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (914)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The minute I arrived at the Grand Floridian I was impressed. They sweep you off you feet and provide every accommodation that you might require. The Basin makes everything smell wonderful. The big band that plays in the lobby makes the vibe just WONDERFUL! The baked goods at the grill are so delicious. I ate twice at the Grand Floridian Cafe and the food was a culinary experience. The scenery of the water and everything is so relaxing- it was perfect! I am a BIG Disney Fan and my quest is to stay at every Disney Resort Property. This in one of my last resorts on the list, and I must say it just moved up to my Favorite resort. Although the price of this luxury will probably keep me from future stays, I think it will remain my #1!

Room Tip: I stayed at the last building at the marina. It was perfect to walk out of mine room and see the wat...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank disneyrunner_13
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hubs is totally into it, me not so much. Beautiful property throughout and great service, friendly staff--what you might expect from Disney. We dined at Cafe-- as restaurant is uber difficult to get into unless you planned well in advance--and found the service a bit lacking (food was very long coming out). Research when you plan to go as crowds can be oppressive. If you're a Disney-ite, you will most likely love this and you probably habitually overlook the things I can't when it comes to Disney.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrsH0dges
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Please let me begin by saying that I am an avid world traveler and love Disney. I stayed on the second floor of the Sugar Loaf Club Building, hence paid extra for Sugar Loaf Concierge Service.

Pros :
1. Gorgeous property, including immaculately maintained grounds and interiors.
2. Room quality is comparable to Ritz Carlton and Four Season Hotels I have stayed at, including many luxury amenities such as marble countertops, double sink, make-up mirror, fridge, luxury linens, robes and spa products in bathroom.
3. Service outside of the Sugar Loaf Building was warm and everyone said "hello" with a smile as I passed by each staff member.
4. Cast member walked me to my room personally and introduced me to several of the properties managers.
5. Citricos and the lobby lounge were amazing!

Cons :
1. Sugar Loaf Club Level is not worth the extra money. They have a VERY limited breakfast selection including fruit, cereal and bread. The breakfast offerings never change from day to day.
2. Evening snacks were equally as sparse. The hot appetizers were always cold and bland every time I ate them.
3. The evening deserts were okay, however, very limited in selection and very, very small portions.
4. The concierge service in the building was very poor. During my 5 day stay, I dealt with at least six different concierge (not sure why there was a new one every day). Also, I was never referred to by name, even after I had seen particular concierge cast members to set up a dinner reservation. Also, a couple of them seemed very clueless when it came to answering simple questions about restaurants and attractions in Orlando.
5. Dining at Disney can be spotty. I set up ALL meal reservations with the Sugar Loaf Concierge. After eating some disappointing meals, I expressed this to a particular concierge. He replied, "You are extremely hard to please." I was appalled.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. However, skip the club level services and rates.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
9 Thank matt c
Jasper, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Resort is beautiful. Stayed in just opened villas. They are amazing. However, the monorail was down during the day. They have buses, but it doesn't seem like they have anymore in service when monorail is down. There are long lines at the boat launch and for the busses. When I asked the boat operator who was about to leave when the next one would be here, she laughed and said "before the monorail gets going again." Now the hotel is amazing, but if monorail will be down during your stay, I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank donald b
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very nice hotel with friendly staff. Disappointed with work crews working around hotel throughout stay. Restaurant and food selection available at resort was average. Wouldn't stay again for the price they charged me,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CGrootendorst
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Floridian is the postmark Disney World hotel for a reason: it's completely gorgeous – in a fairy tale way –, it has the best transportation to the Magic Kingdom and offers the best services one could have. I booked a room in advance, very tailored to my needs (an attic room, in a specific building), got everything perfectly there, waiting for us.
However, the odds were against me that trip – I planned a pool view and the pool was under construction. When I requested another room, a paid upgrade (a gift to my mother, she likes to wake up to a beautiful view), they not only were quick to get me a new, fabulous room with fireworks view (even though they were at full capacity), they gave me the upgrade for free (because of the lack of notification on the pool's maintenance).

Downsides:
Very, very expensive, and doesn't include breakfast.
It has, however, the best restaurants there (for example, 1900 Park Fare, for people that fancy character breakfast)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family