The hotel itself is a gorgeous property. It was a very nice surprise to walk in the hotel and greeted by name, yes, by name. This was our first time staying at this hotel so this was a nice surprise. Even nicer was discovering we had been upgraded to the club level. After returning home, I looked at the price difference - it would have roughly been $90 a night over what we had booked the standard room. It was incredibly handy to have the continental breakfast available included each day. We had the meal plan and when you add this to the food provided at the club level, it was truly overkill. It was nice to be able to go back to the room prior to dinner and have a glass of wine and some nibbles! The room was clean and in great condition. We faced the marina area and could walk out of the building (with the nightcaps and dessert goodies from the food area) and watch the fireworks in the evening. The concierge was super helpful & knoweldgeable and greeted us by name each day. The ability to borrow disney movies that are "in the vault" was an added perk when my daughter needed a little downtime from the day. The grounds were pretty and well kept. The main pool was under rennovation and the other pool was nice but calling it a heated pool (mid-Oct visit) would be generous.
The shops in the hotel were smaller than other property hotels. Basin - a soap shop- provided a very scenty experience when coming off the monorail. Fun store to shop in. Everyone was polite and excellent customer service. You are the last stop on the monorail so in the mornings it was a little complicated getting on them. The boat to magic kingdom is a fun a good alternative to get back and forth. No issues with bus transportation back and forth to other parks. Hollywoood Studios always seems to be a challenge to get a bus back to all the hotels at the Magic Kingdom in the afternoons/evenings. You will stand & watch multiple buses to what seems to be every hotel on the planet prior to seeing one back to GF, Polynesian, Contemporary. We go to DW a lot and we consistently see this issue. Trick - take a bus back to the transportation center and then hop the monorail back. Surprisingly, this is faster than waiting for a bus unless you hit the lottery ticket of bus timing.
The quick service restaurant by the pool has wonderful sandwiches & salads - very good quality for quick service. 1900 Park Ave for breakfast was Ok - Crystal Palace has much better breakfast buffet in MK w/ characters. Dinner there was undoubtably the worst buffet dinner I have had at Disney (ranks down there with the Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios). I jealously watched folks leave and rave about Citricos, and the other $$ restaurants on property. I had a 4 year old with so didn't partake at these. Spa was closed for rennovation so cannot speak to this.
Overall - very nice rooms, excellent customer service, clean and convenient. We are trying The Beach Club over by Epcot next year to be closer to Food & Wine Festival but would stay at GF again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando