“Overpriced Undervalued!!!”

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel since its grand opening. We use to love staying here....this will be our last stay.
Over the past 5 years down a notch each visit. Every time we check in the is always a problem (new staff, computer system, what ever). Use to be great when you drive up its like open season everyone running around doing nothing. We finally got out pulled bags hunted down attendant then headed inside almost to doors when finally greated

This all needs to be addressed its rudiculous they make you feel like you don't belong at their hotel. Rooms are outdated. Impossible to get a reasonable RSVP at their restaurants.

We won't be back!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
7  Thank BocaCindy
There are newer reviews for Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just returned from a three day stay with my son at Disney's Grand Floridan. Last year we stayed on the concierge level and this time we stayed in a standard room. Although it has a great location in the heart of Disney and easy access to all the parks the "luxury" part of the hotel is not so " luxury." The staff is very kind, but personal attention to detail that you expect from a luxury hotel is not really there. Upon arrival, the staff took my luggage assuring me that it would be in my room once I returned from the park. However, when we returned 5 hours later, the bags were not in my room. I had to go to the concierge and find my luggage. Overall, our stay was OK.

Room Tip: The concierge level is probably worth it. Bigger rooms and all day snacks are available.
2  Thank Ruddyrocker
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights at the Grand Floridian. Standard rooms are wonderful - large, very comfortable beds, nice little balcony. The landscaping here is beautiful, so don't be shy about booking one of the less expensive garden view rooms. I cannot say enough about the service - excellent in every way. Very convenient free transportation, either by monorail or boat. Our five year old grandson loved the children's pool with its slides and various other water toys. We stayed in one of the out buildings - all of which are close and convenient to the main building. The lobby is most impressive and we loved the evening pianist and orchestra. A great place to relax. We have stayed at 13 different disney world hotels - many of them very, very nice, but the Grand Floridian is the best. Our only regret is that I did not bring a sport coat so we could dine at Victoria and Albert's.

Room Tip: We had originally booked a superior room, but these cannot be adjoining so we switched to standard r...
3  Thank mmcgannon
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband the beginning of February, we had a standard room with the Garden view. The hotel definitely has its pros and cons.

Pros: Extra Magic hours were great, we'd hit the rides with the biggest waits then and be in and out! Proximity to Epcot and Magic Kingdom via the monorail was a plus, however the monorail was down twice during our stay, and we finished dinner at Epcot after the monorail closed so we still ended up on the bus. General service, the staff was always more than happy to answer questions, they even printed our boarding pass which saved us major time at the airport! The grounds of the hotel were gorgeous, very relaxing and it was always a treat to walk through the lobby when the live band was playing some familiar Disney tunes. Walking around the grounds with Cinderella's castle across the water only added to the experience

Cons: The rooms were nothing special. The walls were paper thin so if you're a light sleeper beware. The rooms were in desperate need of a refresh - everything looked worn and old. Gasperillas was convenient for breakfast but the food was...eh. It was fine for quick fare I suppose but I've stayed at hotels with included breakfast buffets with equal or better quality. The offering was too limited and still pricey. I expected better from the GF. If you have the time definitely go to the polynesian one morning - their breakfast was only slightly more but LOADS better. Also there was quite a bit of construction going on so the main pool was closed. Not that big of a deal but worth noting. Bus transportation was just ok...always crowded and it would stop at the other hotels. I would have expected dedicated busses from the individual hotels.

With all of that in mind, I'm not sure I would stay at the GF in the future, I'm just not sure the conveniences are worth the price. Being a Disney resort I was expecting top notch and I just don't think it was there for the price you're paying, and you still seem to pay for everything.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JenJ0710
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the second time we are staying at the Sugar Loaf building at the Grand Floridian and what a difference from last time! The pool was under construction, which messes up the whole atmosphere of luxury outside; the vacation club construction is super noisy as well. The lobby was always so crowded that you had to bump into people constantly to get to the food (last year this time, we had been one of two families usually getting food, this year there must have been 15 families at a time there). The room we stayed in was extremely tired with a disgusting stain on the couch.
The only bright spot for us was the new kiddie pool play area with Alice in Wonderland theme. The kids loved going down the slides while the hat was topping off and spilling water on them.
The monorail broke down several times during our 4 night stay, so in retrospect, we should have changed our reservations as soon as we received a letter that the main pool will not be finished on time for our visit as previously expected.

2  Thank Tennisfan93
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Grand Floridian in late January. The lobby, surrounding spaces, and the rooms are beautiful. The courtyard pool was closed due to renovations but we rarely if ever use the pools while at Disney World so that was no big deal. Access to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot is outstanding and we used both the monorail and the boat system.

The Magical Express is convenient but may not be for everyone – we may not use it again. When we got on the bus at the airport, we heard people complaining that they had been waiting about 45 minutes for the bus to fill up before they departed. A perk of this system is that they will deliver your luggage to your room within 3 hours of check in. We checked in around 9:30 and didn’t get our luggage until well after midnight so that aspect is kind of a pain.

I am glad we stayed here and since it was a special occasion, it was a neat experience. It is hard to beat the location and elegance of the Grand Floridian but even with everything it has to offer, I am not sure it is worth the cost. I also make this statement because when we are at Disney World, we don’t spend much time at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dsnyfan08
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our first stay on site was at the Grand Floridian and what an amazing hotel. The staff is so accommodating and at your disposal 24/7. We were there 5 nights and we will be coming back. A much deserved vacation for my special lady, this hotel is centrally located so that all parks are easy to travel to. The boat was our favorite way to get to the Magic Kingdom. Being located on the monorail makes it an easy choice to stay here to get to any of the parks. Each night there is a pianist located in the main hall and then there is a live jazz band that plays once he has completed his time tickling the ivory. It truly is a magical experience, one that we did not want to end.

Thank you Mickey and Friends!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple