I stayed here with my husband the beginning of February, we had a standard room with the Garden view. The hotel definitely has its pros and cons.
Pros: Extra Magic hours were great, we'd hit the rides with the biggest waits then and be in and out! Proximity to Epcot and Magic Kingdom via the monorail was a plus, however the monorail was down twice during our stay, and we finished dinner at Epcot after the monorail closed so we still ended up on the bus. General service, the staff was always more than happy to answer questions, they even printed our boarding pass which saved us major time at the airport! The grounds of the hotel were gorgeous, very relaxing and it was always a treat to walk through the lobby when the live band was playing some familiar Disney tunes. Walking around the grounds with Cinderella's castle across the water only added to the experience
Cons: The rooms were nothing special. The walls were paper thin so if you're a light sleeper beware. The rooms were in desperate need of a refresh - everything looked worn and old. Gasperillas was convenient for breakfast but the food was...eh. It was fine for quick fare I suppose but I've stayed at hotels with included breakfast buffets with equal or better quality. The offering was too limited and still pricey. I expected better from the GF. If you have the time definitely go to the polynesian one morning - their breakfast was only slightly more but LOADS better. Also there was quite a bit of construction going on so the main pool was closed. Not that big of a deal but worth noting. Bus transportation was just ok...always crowded and it would stop at the other hotels. I would have expected dedicated busses from the individual hotels.
With all of that in mind, I'm not sure I would stay at the GF in the future, I'm just not sure the conveniences are worth the price. Being a Disney resort I was expecting top notch and I just don't think it was there for the price you're paying, and you still seem to pay for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando