4,879 results
All reviews park fare main building magic kingdom sugar loaf gingerbread house gasparilla grill boca chica club level sago cay mary poppins wedding pavilion mad hatter dormer room lagoon view disney world monorail stop cast members
Reviewed November 20, 2012

we spent one week at the property in the Sugar Loaf building with marina view with my wife and two kids, i really can't say much against it, except for the fact you need a reservation for practically everything at Disney. The Monorail station is convenient and its only one stop to the Magic Kingdom. The hotel staff always with a smile and willing to help. There are plenty of activities foe everyone.. I will surely come back when i bring the kids back. The slide on the pool is fun as well and Narcooses with a lake view is a great option for dinner while you see the magic kingdom fireworks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ramboromani
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been wanting to stay in this hotel for a very long time so my expectations were high and I was not disappointed. We stayed in the Sugarloaf building which is entirely a concierge building. We pulled up at the hotel and were met on the steps by a concierge who had all our paperwork ready and escorted us to the building. He explained how everything worked and got us settled in. Our bags arrived minutes later, with the car vallet parked for $15 a day we were all set to hit Disney about 30 minutes after arriving.
There were four of us in our room, 2 adults, a 4 and a 2 year old. The room was big enough for us all and the 2 year old was given a proper cot. The room was absolutely immaculate, nothing out of place or damaged and very clean. Lots of nice touches like the towels rolled into a Mickey shape, lots of toiletries, chocolates on the pillow at turn down and the maid would tuck our daughters teddies up into their beds and leave little cards for them. Lots of attention to detail.
We picked the concierge floor for comfort and for the food and drinks that were included. We ate many of our meals from the food available, it was all fantastic and abundant. There is food at almost every hour of the day, hot and cold drinks and in the evening red/ white and sparkling wine and beers and later some liqueurs. The staff were really helpful and knowledgeable.
The location of the hotel is perfect for The Magic Kingdom, it's one stop on the Monorail and coming back the boat/launch takes you directly back to the hotel.
I had initially wanted to be in the main building but it was fully booked, however I am very glad we ended up in the Sugarloaf building as it was super quiet, you didn't hear a thing and the main building is pretty noisy, atleast in the main areas we walked through.
We were in a 4th floor lagoon view room, we didn't watch the fireworks from the room so I'm not sure how visable they are but the view is nice enough, you can't see the castle.
The Mad Hatter's splash pool is great fun for the little ones, if they are old enough you can probably lounge with a drink while they splash around, it's ankle depth. There is a bigger pool open but we didn't venture there. The construction didn't impact us in anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a lagoon view room as they are doing some building on the other side
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emmaloocoo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from a very short stay at the grand floridian at disney world,, we had a magic kingdom view room in the conch key building and it was fabulous.
The boat dock was right there and we sat on our balcony and watched the fireworks each night.
Some people have knocked the cleanliness of the rooms, but we felt our room was fine. It is a very elegant hotel and the hotel staff was amazing. The quick service restaurant was closed, and the gentleman that works in the gift shop actually walked me to the location where they had set up temporary quarters, as I had trouble finding it at first. Disney is always expensive and this trip was no exception,, but I always view a stay at the deluxe resorts once a year as a treat to me and my family.

Room Tip: Conch key, magic kindgom view,, is amazing, we requested and got the building, view and level we wanted,, was wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a grand hotel complex on the DisneyWorld property. It is among the hotels on the monorail near Magic Kingdom, so transportation around that little ecosystem is very good.

The resort is very clean with meticulous care of the grounds. It seems to give you a little insight into what Florida might have been like back in the old days. You even get a flavor of that in the lobby when an old time band plays a little Dixie. My 26-month old was dancing through the lobby.

The resort has a classy, adult feel too, much less of the whimsical character feel and less of the detail you'd find at the Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian.

Didn't stay here so I can't comment on the rooms.

It does have water transportation to the Magic Kingdom too, which is another plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank minicooperdad
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Floridian with my husband and two young girls in May 2012 and we loved it. The proximity to Magic Kingdom and the monorail was the obvious perk and the reason we opted for this hotel but the beauty of the buildings, the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff made for a truly unforgettable stay. There were many dining options available at the hotel but the character breakfasts and dinners and Mad Hatters tea party at the 1900 Park Fare restaurant were the highlight of my girls' stay. The kids pool provided hours of entertainment for all of us! The are excellent shopping facilities at the hotel as well. The only negative would be the size and somewhat outdated style of the room (standard garden facing) but we were in our room so seldom that this didn't bother us too much. We will definitely be returning to the Grand Floridian for our next visit in 2014!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family