4,814 results
All reviewspark faremain buildingmagic kingdomsugar loafgasparilla grillgingerbread houseboca chicamary poppinsclub levelsago caywedding pavilionmad hatterdormer roomcourtyard poollagoon viewdisney worldmonorail stop
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from a very short stay at the grand floridian at disney world,, we had a magic kingdom view room in the conch key building and it was fabulous.
The boat dock was right there and we sat on our balcony and watched the fireworks each night.
Some people have knocked the cleanliness of the rooms, but we felt our room was fine. It is a very elegant hotel and the hotel staff was amazing. The quick service restaurant was closed, and the gentleman that works in the gift shop actually walked me to the location where they had set up temporary quarters, as I had trouble finding it at first. Disney is always expensive and this trip was no exception,, but I always view a stay at the deluxe resorts once a year as a treat to me and my family.

Room Tip: Conch key, magic kindgom view,, is amazing, we requested and got the building, view and level we wanted,, was wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a grand hotel complex on the DisneyWorld property. It is among the hotels on the monorail near Magic Kingdom, so transportation around that little ecosystem is very good.

The resort is very clean with meticulous care of the grounds. It seems to give you a little insight into what Florida might have been like back in the old days. You even get a flavor of that in the lobby when an old time band plays a little Dixie. My 26-month old was dancing through the lobby.

The resort has a classy, adult feel too, much less of the whimsical character feel and less of the detail you'd find at the Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian.

Didn't stay here so I can't comment on the rooms.

It does have water transportation to the Magic Kingdom too, which is another plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank minicooperdad
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Floridian with my husband and two young girls in May 2012 and we loved it. The proximity to Magic Kingdom and the monorail was the obvious perk and the reason we opted for this hotel but the beauty of the buildings, the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff made for a truly unforgettable stay. There were many dining options available at the hotel but the character breakfasts and dinners and Mad Hatters tea party at the 1900 Park Fare restaurant were the highlight of my girls' stay. The kids pool provided hours of entertainment for all of us! The are excellent shopping facilities at the hotel as well. The only negative would be the size and somewhat outdated style of the room (standard garden facing) but we were in our room so seldom that this didn't bother us too much. We will definitely be returning to the Grand Floridian for our next visit in 2014!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Better than I could have ever imagined.
The hotel is gorgeous, staff is friendly and rooms are very clean and cozy!
Will be going back, and would highly recommend!
Between the boat rides between the hotel and the magic kingdom, to the very convenient monorail that picks you up right outside the lobby, getting around is definitely not a problem! Staff is willing to help in any way possible. If you are able to book the firework view, it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Its breathtaking.

Room Tip: Fireworks view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaylee D
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just returned from a 6 day stay at the Grand Floridian. I had two adjoining rooms in the Sago Cay building. Let me begin by saying that I have stayed at the Grand Floridian in the past and had a wonderful experience. In fact, I was adamant that our family stayed again at the GF.

I was aware that the resort was under construction and had called ahead of time to ask questions about the resort during this period. I will say that the information I got was not accurate and I do believe people should avoid the GF during this time.(and I am a GF fan) It is a major inconvenience if you would like to use the quick service dining options (pool or Misner's). The service and selections are very minimal at both locations. It is similar to airport food. The only pool that is open is very crowded, overlooked by a construction site, and dirty due to overusage by quick service dining.

The resort loses its appeal when you feel like you are walking around in a construction site. I still think the GF is the best property on the monorail but only when the renovations are completed. It is very inconvenient in its current state. Convenience is the main reason I think most pay the rates charged at this hotel because even in normal operations a hotel of this caliber wouldn't be able to charge these rates for its level of accomodations if it wasn't so convenient to the Magic Kingdom. If you already feel like you are splurging or spending more than you really want too, be prepared to be disappointed when you arrive because you will feel like you really overpaid. If you just want a place to stay that is convenient for children's naps, etc. then you will probably be ok.

I think everyone should consider the other options are just prepare yourself that you will not get the true GF experience. The hotel seems below average in its current state. The Contemporary or Polynesian are better options right now.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family