2,855 results
All reviews hollywood studios yachtsman steakhouse stormalong bay club level sandy bottom lazy river walking distance to epcot boardwalk area crescent lake day bed epcot fireworks magic kingdom beaches cream world showcase disney boardwalk cape may cafe disney world
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

The hotel is a great location for whatever you wish to do. It is walkable to Epcot and it has boat service to Hollywood Studios. Of course, good bus service to all Disney parks and attractions. It is designed family friendly. Service was impeccable. We had two rooms connecting for parents and grandparents and 3 children under 9. The pools are large and child friendly with lifeguards and life preservers. It is large so expect to walk.

Trip type: Traveled with family
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thanks for sailing over to share your recent experience from Disney’s Yacht Club Resort! From the moment you step into the lobby, the scent of a fresh ocean breeze transports you to the New England seaside – which isn’t the only place you’ll be transported to while staying here! One of the greatest benefits of this location is its close proximity to our Theme Parks and the multiple complimentary transportation options available.

Whether you prefer to soar through the sky on our new Disney Skyliner, embark on a relaxing boat ride, or hop on a bus, the choice is up to you! I’m thrilled to learn you were able to utilize these options during your visit.

Between the beautiful views, family-friendly activities, and convenient transportation, it sounds like your visit “shore” was great!

We can-yacht wait to welcome you back for another magical and memorable getaway real soon!

Kenzi

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Family of four adults stayed three nights at 2020 New Year break. Paid full price in the first night (12/31/2019) and package price the next two nights. Total of almost $2000 accommodation only. (More about that later), so naturally I had high hope. We were very impressed by the size of the room, the atmosphere, the New England style decor, the big pool with lazy river and the beautiful view of the man made lake and light house. Not to mention the convenience of taking the boat to places and walking distance to Epcot. There are all the wonderful 'hardware': things that already build in. It's the important 'software' resulting in the 2 stars rating:

1. Disney booking agent quoted me the price for one night regular and two nights package more than 3 months prior the stay, so I thought it was the total price, and booked. Good that I checked later and found out she charged me all three nights of regular price, way more than the original quoted. So I called and got back the deal. Sounded easy but It was actually a very long wait to anybody to picked up, and another long wait for the agent to fixed the problem, and he did it wrong again: he put us to different kind of room instead. Meaning we had to move to another room after the first night. ?????? Of course I caught the mistake and called and waited another long long time to have him fixed it. However, after we checked out, there were 'extra person' charged $75 per night in the package, which was never mentioned by any Disney agent on the phone when I booked. My reservation paper clearly indicated that the package was for four person. All four names were on it. I would assume the package price was for four person. I called and both billing and customer service department refused to take away the extra charged, saying that it was in the fine print. I found the fine print, finally. Still feel cheated because I was never told when booked, even they knew that we were group of four! I did not mind the money, just feel cheated. Shame on Disney.

2. Going back to the hotel: upon late night arrival, there was just one person at the reception. He programmed our magic band and said all were good to go. Not true! I had some strange feeling the next morning and went to reception to double check. All were not good. Had to re-program again. We were lucky we were still at the hotel and not in the park using the fast past (It would be fatal because the parks were packed and we had to rely on fast pass that we had already booked.)

3. We had to go to front desk 3-4 times during our stay. All required long wait. People were nice and helpful: if they were there. We stayed at Universal Studio's Hard Rock at Christmas time and we never had to wait at front desk. Yes it's peak season. A test for hotels. This hotel failed the test.

4. We had breakfast reservation at the hotel in the first morning. We were very tired and wanted to cancel it instead. We were told that it would be a $40 cancellation fee. (We knew it before, just checked if they could waive it since we arrived late night and tired.) So we dragged our tired bodies out and paid top price for the 'brunch' and ate a a little. (No choice because it's New Year Day) . It's OK. I liked that they used twining's pyramid teabags.
Thus the next two mornings' breakfast in room, they just gave us regular twining's teabags that we could buy at any grocery store. I am a big tea drinker. Not happy.

5. The shampoo, conditioner and bath gel were all Disney brand, not national good brand. Surprised. This is a high end hotel offered suspicious toiletries.

6. Do not use the lazy river if you are not a strong swimmer: the current was too strong at some area, and way deeper than other lazy river (4-8 feet) Otherwise it was great. Sand bottom.

Date of stay: January 2020

I truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. We always want our Guests visits to any of our Walt Disney World Resort hotels to be filled with wonderful and relaxing moments, and while I’m happy to see you enjoyed the atmosphere and perfect proximity to our Theme Parks, I apologize that is where the enjoyment ended.

We certainly want your visit to start off on the right foot, so it’s concerning the feedback you shared about your experience with our Disney Reservation Center Cast Member. Rest assured I’ll be sharing this feedback with the Leadership teams to ensure we are providing our Guests with world-class Guest service you've come to look forward to along with the proper billing information. I am happy to hear you were able to speak with our partners with our billing department, but I apologize that you were not informed of the additional charge already included in your package.

Once you arrive we want your visit to continue to be as relaxing as possible and although I'm happy that our Cast Members were able to assist I'm sorry to hear your experience with our MagicBands was not as seamless as we would hope. I can certainly understand the frustration this caused and the damper it put on your visit. Please know it is feedback like yours that helps us as we continue to improve our Guests experiences.

While all of our Resorts do provide our Guests with H2O+ bath products, I’m saddened to read that these products were not up to the standards you were expecting. I strongly encourage speaking with our housekeeping team should you ever have questions or concerns when it comes to the comfort of your accommodations. They will do everything in their power to ensure your visit is as memorable as possible.

I want to thank you again for sharing your honest and candid feedback. While I certainly understand the disappointment you expressed, I sincerely hope we get another opportunity to share a more memorable experience with you and your family in the future.

Zoey

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Just returned from Disney Yacht Club Resort and can honestly say this hotel being categorized as a “deluxe” hotel is crazy! Upon checking in we were given our magic bands, my sister spent over 30 minutes with the cast member trying to activate each band, the guy had no clue what he was doing. First impression of hotel lobby....not impressed. We had standard room with 2 queen beds and pullout couch which we didn’t use. There are 2 parts to bathroom, when you first enter there are double sinks and vanity then through another door is toilet/shower/tub. Room with toilet & shower was very small. There was nothing special about room. I’ve stayed in much nicer rooms for quarter of the price. Our first night was horrible. Let me just say the walls in this “deluxe” hotel are paper thin. They took the cheap way out building this hotel and charge a ridiculous amount to stay because they know people will pay. We were kept up till 2am listening to the people in next room talking and laughing. I am not even exaggerating, it sounded like they were in our room. You can hear toilets flushing, people talking in hallway, very disappointing. We tried to call front desk about noise level first night but no answer. The amount of dirty food/beverage trays littering the hallways for days was also disappointing, why does it take days for someone to pickup? Called down to housekeeping and front desk one night for extra blanket and again couldn’t get anyone to answer phone. Didn’t use pool or other amenities so can’t comment on that but pool did look nice. Location to Epcot is only plus as it’s only few minute walk. Bus transportation to parks were long and overcrowded. We waited about 30 minutes to catch bus back from Animal Kingdom and about 25 minutes from hotel to Magic Kingdom.
Overall we were not thrilled or impressed with this hotel and certainly doesn’t deserve to charge deluxe prices. I think in general Disney has gotten very greedy with the amount they charge for park tickets/hotels. The overcrowding of parks and wait times for rides even with fast pass is obnoxious and so is the amount they charge to get into each park considering how many rides you can actually get on. Disney isn’t the same magical place it used to be, I think they need to re-evaluate a lot of things and start focusing more on customer experience then how many people they can cram into a park.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank birds0416
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thanks for your recent stay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the challenges and disappointments you faced during your stay. I can certainly understand how your check-in experience and noise concerns impacted your overall visit. It's also disheartening to hear you were unable to reach a Cast Member when calling to share these concerns. While it may not always be convenient, I always encourage our Guests to visit their Front Desk in-person if they are facing any challenges. Our Cast Members will work with you to address any issues and can offer solutions such as a room change or other options to make sure you can fully enjoy your visit. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us about your stay.

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. We hope to see you again in the future for a more enjoyable stay.

Nina

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Disney did it again! Took our first WDW trip without kids and they made our stay MAGICAL by upgrading our room to a beautiful water view of the lagoon and Boardwalk! The resort and grounds are gorgeous and the staff are accommodating and awesome! Located within easy walking distance to Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Epcot and Hollywood studios with Friendship boat service to all. We enjoyed the scenic boat rides almost as much as the parks. Rooms were recently updated and are spacious compared to the value resorts. Cannot beat the location and the pool is awesome! Several great restaurants at the resort and nearby resorts.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank R5444JUmichaelo
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

I can "sea" your trip to Disney's Yacht Club Resort was one to remember! What a magical moment - being upgraded for such a lovely getaway! I am especially delighted to know you found our Cast Members to be both "accommodating and awesome!"

The location of this Resort is such a great feature, so I am so happy to know that being close to both Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's BoardWalk was something you enjoyed. I love being able to take the complimentary watercraft transportation to these destinations, as it's such a nice way to slow down and really take in the scenery. And access to the Stormalong Bay feature pool is my personal favorite feature of staying at this Resort.

Overall, we "shore" hope to welcome you back next for another visit soon, perhaps with the whole family!

Kim

Reviewed December 31, 2019

We stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago. We usually stay at the Boardwalk Inn we visit Disney World every couple of years usually for a week around Thanksgiving or Christmas. The rooms are nice the walls are very thin or the family next door was super loud felt like they were in our room every morning at 5 am when they would wake up. Elevaters were always full we had to wait thru 4 elevaters one morning they were all full. Stairs? we went on a hunt for them they were really far from our location. While we were there it was cold and rainy. Bus service to Disney Springs is not what it used to be or is it just this hotel? We waited for 40 min before we finally called an Uber. Then the next night we get down to the bus and my son forgot his glasses we asked the bus driver if he could wait he was walking out the entrance of the hotel we could all see him. He said nope shut the door and pulled away again we called an Uber after waiting for 30 min! Bus service slow.. we found this to be the case coming back from Animal Kingdom as well. We took the bus back to the boardwalk and walked over on a few occasions. The line was at least 2 busses to go back to the Yacht Club and we were in the back. We did not use any of the hotels amenities other then the small coffee shop/gift shop.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank macfamm
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

I’m so sorry to learn your stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort paled in comparison to the prior stays at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. Our bus service does try it’s best to operate in 20 minute intervals, but there certainly are a number of factors that can contribute to delays. It is important that our Transportation Cast Members maintain these schedules as must as possible, though I’m truly sorry to learn of the interaction you had. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience—we value feedback such as this as it helps us to identify what we’re doing right and were there may be some opportunities that require a little extra attention.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, or one of our other Resorts, and I trust your next visit will be magical in every way.

Quinn