“A beautiful resort, for a steep price”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #58 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 31, 2005

I stayed at the Yacht Club for two nights when my company bought out most of the resort as part of a 20th anniversary celebration. It is one of the nicer Disney resorts I've stayed in, and lives up to the expectations of a Disney deluxe resort. My room was nicely decorated and extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and was well prepared to deal with over 1000 people arriving and checking in at the same time. The resort's proximity to Epcot is a real convenience, and the boat ride to the studios might not be any faster than the busses (which were very efficient), but was a nice change.

The only negative would probably be the price. If I had been the one paying for the stay, I probably would not have felt the hotel worth it - not that it wasn't a great place, but the moderate Disney resorts are almost as extravagant, for a lot less money.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled on business
16  Thank Stow_MA

Reviewed July 19, 2005

I have been to the Disney resort about 15 times and I must say that this is my favorite spot (& the adjacent Beach Club Resort). It is in a perfect location - walking distance to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and a short boat ride to MGM Studios. The pool is wonderful, Beaches & Cream is the best ice cream shoppe, & Cape May breakfast buffet leaves out nothing!
I would (and will) stay here over and over again!

• Stayed: July 2004
10  Thank PAP179
Reviewed June 30, 2005

My family of 5 just returned from an 8 day stay at the Yacht Club and loved it!!!! I am a Disney Expert and work for one of the top travel agencies in the US. I have sent many clients here and was so happy to have such a great experience at this property.
We stayed in a standard view with a view of the tennis courts. Our room was immaculate and anytime we needed something, we had it immediately. This property is expensive but it is worth it. I highly recommend the new Disney Meal plan. We were not able to get it and I was disappointed-due to the fact that my trip was on travel agent rates.
The pool is awesome!!! My three little ones loved it and we spent a lot of time there. Hurrican Hanna's had good food and the servers were friendly. Buy the re-fillable mug for $11.99 and use it during your stay. Beaches and Cream was always crowded but delicious. Split your Sundae's among your group.
The concierge's helped us through a few different problems that we encountered. They were very professional and polite. Bus and launch service to the various properties was fairly fast and easy.
As you can tell, we were very happy with our stay and I will continue to recommend this property to clients. Please contact me if you have any questions. Have fun! Amy AmyNDC@comcast.net

• Stayed: June 2005
15  Thank madisonreed
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando,Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2005

Stayed in a water view room and had a small private balcony that overlooked the bay area and the Epcot fireworks! Room was fair sized for 5 of us, and cleanliness was no problem.
I did find the walk to our room annoying as we were in a wing that required a loooong windy journey down the hallways, and the lighting seemed too dim.
The pool area is shared with the Beach Club (and yes there is a beach) it is the best pool area on property! 3 Acres of lazy rivers, pools(heated) whirlpools, jaccuzis, a huge water slide all very well themed-very nice. (a bit of a walk from the Yacht club if you swim stay at the Beach Club which is attatched to Yacht club and has the pool area directly behind it)
This is an adult oriented resort-LOTS of business people walking around with cell phones- which is kind of annoying when you're on vacation! (there's a huge convention center there)
Housekeeping made little bunnies and puppies out of the towels with little eyes and everything-a nice touch for the kids!
Directly behind our room was dock for water taxi that takes you to Epcot and/or MGM studios-very convienient and a lovely ride too!

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2005

I just stayed at the Yacht Club for a conference my company was holding. The hotel is quite nice- upon entry, you're greeted by a dramatic entry way and beautiful lobby, matched with above average service from the staff. My room was nice and the view exceptional- a beautiful lake and evening fireworks are something you don't get at home every night, that's for sure. Rooms were nicer than they appeared in the pictures, which is a little unusual- usually it's the other way around.

My only complaint came from the room having walls that are too thin. While trying to sleep, I could hear one neighbor snoring and another talking about their day- perfectly. It made me hesitant to make business calls or calls to my wife from the room, knowing that they could be heard so easily. In addition, the conference area was in a location that required you to go outside the hotel to get to. Not a problem unless it rains... which it did. We also got some of the coldest weather of the season, which made it a bit tough transferring materials back and forth.

Good points included a friendly staff, excellent food at the conference, and an air of magic that pervades the entire Disney experience. The other good news is that the place wasn't overrun with children running and screaming, which you will find at some of the Disney locations. I'd recommend it for adults who are staying at Disney who want a more adult experience but want to stay on the grounds. It is quite pricey though- not for the budget conscious.

23  Thank greenespace
Reviewed February 15, 2005

I recently stayed for four nights at the Disney Yacht Club Resort. As with all Disney premium properties, this hotel provided steller service and a great room.

Our room was spotless and located with a "canal" outside the balconey. We were conveniently located near the bridge to walk over to the Boardwalk. The location was nice and quiet and it was great to take a walk over the bridge for entertainment at night.

This location is one of the few in Disney that has a boat that goes to both Epcot and MGM Studios. Boat service was frequent.

There was a lovely pool area and some outdoor snack bars.

My only issue was the distance from the lobby to the room. We had a difficult time getting to our room - it was a maze of hallways as we were located the furthest from the lobby.

We finally discovered it was easier to walk from our room outside and use the walkway and boardwalk to get to the hotel lobby - but this was inconvenient in the rain.

The hotel also provide a lundormat so that you can wash your clothes and thus pack less.

All in all, if you'd like a quiet place to stay, this and the Beach Club resort are perfect!

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
23  Thank willysgrandma
Reviewed February 12, 2005

This was our family's first trip to Walt Disney World. We certainly debated over where to stay; however, choosing the Yacht Club Resort was a great choice, and one we would definitely make a second time. Please note, we stayed during the off-season; the hotel was pleasantly not crowded. (If your schedule allows it, we highly recommend visiting WDW in the off-season. We could not imagine dealing with crowds during the busy seasons). Our waterview room (No. 4063) gave us a full panaromic view of the Disney Boardwalk area, Epcot (Spaceship Earth, Eifel Tower, etc.), and views of the neighboring resorts (Beach Club, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin). The Illuminations Laser/Light show at Epcot could be seen each night from our balcony. While we did not spend a lot of time at the resort, the beautiful morning and evening views from the balcony made it a very memorable part of our trip, and definitely worth the extra expense. Stormalong Bay was a big hit with our two teenage boys. Housekeeping was good; mattresses/pillows were very comfortable; decor was pleasant; service/attitude from all employees was excellent; car valets were extremely prompt and knowledgeable. The location is absolutely excellent. It allows one to walk to Epcot (via International Gateway); walk or boat to MGM-Disney; jog/walk around the Boardwalk (0.8 mile roundtrip) for a little excercise; go out for breakfast, dinner, ice cream, or late night drink at one of the great Boardwalk restaurants or bars. We walked through all five Epcot Area resort grounds and lobbies, and voted Yacht Club number One for us. During our visit (first week in February), Beach Club seemed overun with young families/young kids; however, it was a very nice sister resort to Yacht Club and shared much of the same great atmosphere; Swan/Dolphin are nice, but seemed too much like city high-rise hotels; Boardwalk was our No. 2 choice; however, depending on what room you get, it might be a bit noisy. We're sure that the views from Swan/Dolphin are great; but, we felt having a waterview room with a balcony at the Yacht Club had more atmosphere and did a better job in creating a WOW factor.

• Stayed: February 2005