“Still our favorite...”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #61 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Still our favorite...”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hard to beat the Yacht Club for its location. Don't underestimate the easy access to dining options at Disney. Here you have great restaurants on-site, at EPCOT, MGM, Boardwalk and over at the Swan/Dolphin. When the resort is busy, it's great to choices a short walk away. Plus the resort is nicely appointed and the main pool is a real crowd-pleaser. We stayed in a Deluxe room overlooking the quiet pool, second time in virtually the same spot, and it's so great. In 2 minutes, you can be down in the hot tub. So this is my 7th trip to Disney (5th resort visit, two cruises) and see upon my arrival home, that they are quite a few complaints about service. I have to say, that while I have no specific incidents to report, there was definitely something off about the front desk staff at the YC. Just not the same Disney magic of my past visits. Gym staff great, lobby bar staff fantastic but at the front desk? Hmmmm. Just not the same.

Room Tip: Overlooking quiet pool. Worth it. Balcony with seating. Awesome.
1 Thank GracieGracieGracie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Upon checking I made reservation over the phone. 1st it took 5 people before one was able to help me. Then the young man spelled my name wrong after many times of me repeating myself. As we were tryin to enter the facility they had no record of my reservation because my name was spelled wrong! I even showed the officer my confirmation number she was rude. Now I get to the front desk they finally figure out my name is spelled wrong phew. We are tired I came for the marathon so m tired, my two kids are cranking. Check in my name is spelled wrong again. It's a very common name Edwards. Just the whole time employees seems like they hate there job. I called asked for blankets took an hour. My rm cost $500 a night for no DVD player no microwave. You cannot order movies. Hotel seems very dated. Maybe back in the day it was hot but not anymore. Oh the room takes about ten min walk too. It was a draining experience. I have stayed with disney many times. Never again here I will ever go back:-(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Robbie9595
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had club level double queen room Dec 28 - Jan 3rd. Despite the large crowds the level of service was fantastic. The room was very nice and food and drink options were very good in the lounge once you got thru thru the crowd. The location is great and we would stay here again but not during a holiday like this.

Room Tip: Room 5237 is a long walk but has a direct view of the pool, lagoon and boardwalk.
1 Thank scbwino
Norton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have taken our grandchildren to WDW at least 6 times. We usually stayed at the Yacht Club Resort. On a recent trip my husband and I decided to spend the night at YC one more time. We were not disappointed. Our room was lovely. While upgrades such as a flat screen TV are present and the rooms have been substantially refurbished, they still have the quiet comfort and low key elegance we always enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tannenj
Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've stayed at both the Beach Club and BoardWalk, and along with the Yacht Club, they are the best resorts in Disney! What I personally like about the Yacht Club, is that it's both the quietest and most elegant of the three.

From the formal lobby that makes you feel like you're on the Titanic, to the nautically-themed rooms, the Yacht Club is well worth the money. And don't get me wrong, it's formal but still just as family-friendly as the Beach Club and BoardWalk.

The rooms are good-sized and have everything you need. Everything in the room is clean and up to date. The only thing that looked a little in need of fresh paint and carpeting was the hallways (as of 2012 when I stayed here).

Great location between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Both are in walking distance.

I've stayed at more expensive hotels in Disney, such as the Polynesian. The Yacht Club is by far better than any of the Magic Kingdom area hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank distancerunner93
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the club level 5th floor and enjoyed the breakfast, snacks and drinks. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are getting a bit out dated but the pool with sand beach was great. Be prepared to walk to get to the elevator, we were located by the emergency stairs which would have lead us to a door close the pool but only cast member and staff are allowed to use them. We had to walk basically from where the beach club connected all the way down to the middle of the hotel to get the the lobby then back around to get into the pool. We had some issues with the magic bands but we were finally able to get it fixed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Slanz
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed January 9, 2014

A very nice hotel, staff is friendly and welcoming, Yacht Club is perfectly located 5mins walk to the Epcot and a boat away from an array of nice restaurants, the room service is really good and quiet fast and have nice menu options for little kids, with also child friendly restaurants on site.

I particularly enjoyed the walk from the hotel to the lighthouse especially at night and getting on the boat to visit The Broadwalk- My downside is the hotel is quiet big and quiet a walk from reception area to the rooms - Overall loved it!

Room Tip: If you can get a club level suite do so and ask for a river view -
3 Thank wakoyo