“Poor service and no accountability”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #54 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Augie101898
“Poor service and no accountability”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My main complaint with this place is the concierge. They did not follow up when they should have. Messed up reservations that I had already made and took zero effort and doing anything. From restaurant reservations to park plans they blamed everyone else. In the end I would never stay here again. For what I paid was not worth it. This was a very special family trip and they did their best to ruin it for us. Save you money and stay at a different place. The beds and rooms are fine. Just like any other hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Augie101898

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked my reservation 4 months before our stay on January 1-3 2014 . I booked two club level lagoon view rooms connecting since we are a family of 7. The last time we stayed in this hotel was 4 years ago.
I put close to $1800 to reserve the rooms. I called several times before our stay to confirm the connecting rooms and each time was told that families with children are guaranteed connecting rooms- no problem. 2 days before our arrival I get a call from the yacht club telling me that they can not get me a connecting room on the club level. I was upset and told them all the times i called confirming my rooms and the woman could of cared less. On arrival they stuck us in a connecting room on the 3rd floor with club level access . Club level is on the 5th floor. Our rooms were soo far away- Ridiculous! So glad we stayed for only 2 days. What a difference from our stay 4 years ago. The service now is horrible they could care less about your needs and its probably because so many people book at this hotel that they don't need to please anyone. You are just another reservation!
The rooms are so run down. Need to update so guest dont feel like they are staying in a low budget motel! Forgot to mention that the woman that told us about not having connecting rooms in club level also said probably the party in those rooms extended their stay. WHAT!! My tip: You want great service and clean updated rooms - DO NOT STAY AT THE YACHT CLUB. Stay
somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Pearl N
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I did not stay at this resort but was given a guided tour and ate at the restaurant Captain's Grille. I was told to make reservations for the restaurant months in advance and I did so. I made a reservation about 3 months before we would actually be there. At that time, I could only get a late dinner time (6:45), nothing earlier.

We took a tour of the resort and I was amazed at the gingerbread carousel in the lobby. At Christmas time, the lobby is beautifully decorated with a huge Christmas tree and the carousel. If you have ever tried to make a gingerbread house, you would appreciate this magnificent creation. The detail on it was amazing. I seriously could have stood and looked at it for an hour because it was so extraordinary. Also, if you are in Disney World at Christmas time be sure to check out the huge Gingerbread House in the Floridian resort.

We arrived a little early at the Captain's Grille for dinner and were seated immediately. The restaurant was not full at all and I was surprised because I was not given an option of choosing this time 3 months earlier. I think Disney reserves a number of tables for their guests.

We had a variety of foods from appetizers to dessert. The menu was somewhat limited with only a few entrees, but I liked this because I felt that the entrees were each carefully prepared and displayed. Everything was fantastic. The restaurant was expensive but worth it to us for the special occasion we were celebrating. Service was very good, too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Flipper029
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

To be fair the pool is awesome, as is the access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Aside from that, skip it. The price ridiculous, and on our second night while my 5 year old daughter and I were watching the Epcot fireworks from our balcony, some drunk guy urinates from off his balcony one room above us. I notified the staff who did little or nothing. We were given $100 off our room, and told "we all do things that we regret". I would think a resort which caters to families would do more to protect 6 year old girls from lewd acts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank David V
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Disney's Yacht Club Resort is one of my favorite places to stay! The customer service, quality of amenities and proximity to fun is unmatched! I love going here with our kids and I also love going here with just my wife. We always have an amazing trip! Disney Rocks!!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor is more convenient. Views of the water are preferable but more $$$ and I would pass on...