Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Orbitz.com
2,507 results
All reviewshollywood studiosyachtsman steakhouseclub levelstormalong baysandy bottombeach club next doorcaptains grilllazy riverwalking distance to epcotboardwalk areamagic kingdomday bedcrescent lakeepcot fireworksbeaches creamworld showcasedisney boardwalk
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club for (6) days in early December. We had stayed at the Beach Club last year and liked the location and since the Beach Club was full, we decided to stay next door at the Yacht Club. The two hotels are similar with the Yacht Club being a little farther walk to EPCOT. The Yacht Club might have been a little quieter. The hotels share the same pools (lazy river,regular pool,sandy bottom pool, and hot tubs).which are very nice and spaciuos. There is a nice sandy beach with chairs also by the lake. The Beach Club has a walk up quick serve breakfast which we like, but the Yacht Club has character breakfast for those who want that. Beaches and Cream is also nice for quick meals, ice cream, and drinks.
You can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (25 minutes) or talk a boat to either attraction. Other parks such as Magic Kingdom require a bus or walk into EPCOT and take the Mono-rail. The grounds at the hotels were decorated for Christmas and the flowers and grass were well groomed. The lobby was also decorated beautifully.
Our room was very nice with a coffee maker and small refrigerator. We had a nice balcony with (2) chairs and table. We were lucky to have a room that alowed us to watch the 9:30 pm fireworks (when we were back to our rooms early). We were on the 4th floor and the elevators were fast to transport us.Our bed was very comfortable.
The staff at the hotel and every where we went at WDW could not have been more pleasant.
There were conventions and seminars at our hotel, but this did not affect us in any way.

Room Tip: We were in room 4091 with views of the EPCOT 9:30 pm fireworks (nightly).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JohnandPam
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We usually stay off-site but my husband desperately wanted to stay on-site so we decided to stay here following out AMAZING Disney Cruise. Our room was 1075, it was old, black mold stains on grout in tub (I refused to shower in it for our 2 days there.) There was also rust on the ceiling sprinklers and basically everything looked old, outdated and dirty. The worst was the smell that hit you when you first walked in, it was sharp and pungent, a cross between terrible BO and musty mold. My allergies were terrible (hardly slept) every night and the smell grossed me out. I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot on the floor let alone allowing my baby to crawl around as I wasn't confident the floor was clean. I also don't understand why they keep the hallways so cold, it was like a wind tunnel tundra, so bad that we decided to utilize our sliding door entrance most of the time and left it open while we were in the room to air the place out. Seems kind of odd since Disney prides itself on being green (what a waste of energy to air condition the halls, I swear it was 55 degrees). With the lighting, the age of the room and decoration choices this room was no better than a super 8 hotel. Disney seems to do a good job superficially, lobby's, restaurants, pools and public areas are incredible; however, the rooms are terrible. My husband now agrees that we will always stay off-site. Also, we decided to visit the other hotels on property and they all appear to be the same. I must say, front desk staff was amazing, helpful and knowledgeable. They are well trained and appear to love their jobs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, these rooms are equivalent to the low-end on-site motels. If you must stay on-site, don't waste your money, know that you are going to have a crappy room and just pay to stay at the lowest level Disney Resort.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank S Anna S
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Dates of visit 12/7 to 12/9, 2013.

This is our second trip to Disney's Yacht Club Resort. I guess we had such a great time on our last visit we had to go back to make sure we weren't dreaming. Trust me, we weren't. From the warm greeting from a very informative security guard, to the "Welcome Home" from both the valet parking attendant and bellman, to the personal greeting by Brad at check-in, we couldn't have been treated better. We arrived early planning to stash our luggage in their secure storage and getting our tickets. Because of our early arrival there were a few people still checking out. Not a problem. Brad took us over to a couch in the lobby and finished up everything we couldn't do with On-line check in.

The Room. Wow. Spotless, clean smelling, and being a waterfront room it had a great view of the Yacht Club grounds and Disney's Boardwalk. The bedding was comfortable, the bathroom was mold and mildew free, the carpet was clean, and everything worked. I don't know where some of the other reviewers were staying, but it certainly wasn't in the room we had. Even the refrigerator door gasket was spotless. Yes, I did check it. Other reviews have commented on cleanliness, so I looked in places many people wouldn't look. I found no fault with the cleanliness at all.

The Property. The grounds of Disney's Yacht Club are immaculate. I never saw a dirty chair, I have never seen a full trash can, and I have never seen a full ashtray. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful, and the walkways are clean and clear. With all the trees and plants they have on the property this always amazes us, but these people work hard to keep it attractive.

The Food. We ate at The Captain's Grill right off the main lobby, and we both thought it was very good. The service was extremely well timed, the noise level was low, and the food was delicious. I plan to write a separate review, so I won't go into a lot of detail here.

The Disney Cast Members. I don't know what to say except I have never been treated better than I have been at this resort. This is not my first time at a deluxe Disney resort, and it's not the only deluxe resort we have stayed at. Disney's Yacht Club Cast Members treat you like they are glad you are there, they want you to be happy, and they want you to come back. There is no exception. Everybody there is concerned with your happiness and comfort. In case you are wondering, Disney's Grand Floridian is a close second. Both resorts are shining examples of what Walt envisioned, but the layout of the Yacht Club allows for better interaction between cast members and guests.

Back to the Yacht Club. There is always a smile and a friendly word from everyone you meet. They will stop what they are doing to help you, and they will help you with things that aren't necessarily in their job description. These people know their resort, and they know their park. If they can't answer your question or help you with your problem they will personally take you to someone that can help. Without these Cast Members the resort would be just another pretty building. The people made this a great stay from the minute we drove up to the security gate until the minute we had to leave.

Will I go back? I'm already working on a spring 2014 trip. Would I send a friend there? Yes I would, without a minutes hesitation. Finally, and most importantly, if my mother could still travel I would send her there. She has stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, and I firmly believe this resort would please her.

In the ratings below I can't judge the spa or the breakfast. We did not eat breakfast there on this trip, and we have not used the spa on either trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ems3402
Reviewed December 10, 2013

So, I have to say I was unsure what to expect of the WDW hotel. I have been to Walt Disney World 12+ times and since we have younger children in the family have tended to stay at the hotels on the monorail.

However, for this trip I had the luxurious opportunity to travel by myself, meaning I could pick any hotel I wanted and decided to try the Yacht and Beach Club resort; staying at the Yacht Club itself.

First of all, the location is amazing. Easy enough to get to Magic Kingdom by bus and made even better by the fact that this resort is the first pickup so easy to get a seat. But the perspective shifts, when the location is SO close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. So I spent a couple of days visiting Magic Kingdom but then it was pretty much all Epcot and HS. The fact that you can get up and walk over to Epcot for breakfast and then go do something else is amazing. A quick boat ride and you are at Hollywood Studios.

And of course the hotel itself. Clean everywhere!! The room was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and outdoor areas were magical. I loved the fact that no matter how busy the pool was there was always a space to float off by myself if that is what I wanted.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was able to get the appropriate sort of deal because similar to all WDW deluxe resorts; they are not cheap. So value is pretty much in the experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SorcerersLady
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had a very nice time considering it was a business trip. Good service, clean rooms and convenient location. I highly recommend t he Yacht Club for your stay at Disney! There are many rooms...i recommend a room not so far away from the elevators!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business