“Great time at the Yacht Club!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #52 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Yacht Club as my husband attended a conference. We took our two young children, ages 3 and 1. From the moment we arrived - the staff was extremely engaging and gracious with our children. They always greeted them and chatted with them -- and were always ready with Mickey stickers any time we passed the concierge or front desk.
We checked in right away and our room was spacious and comfortable. We had asked for a crib, which was not in the room, but came quickly after we reminded them. The Beach Club next door has a great little market place where you can buy snacks, food and half gallons of milk which were great to have in the room.

The resort itself was clean and beautiful. The pool is amazing for kids as it has a beach area with sand that you can walk in - so you don't have to worry about them falling in. Plenty of shallow areas for them to walk/swim in. They loved the actual "beaches" along the lagoons as well to play in (though you can't swim in that water).

We ate at Hurricane Hannahs a few times for quick meals and it was good enough - wish there were some more options for the kids other than chicken finger type food (pb&j sandwiches, pasta, etc). We did the character breakfast at Cape May which was wonderful. We had dinner one night at Beaches and Cream - we were slightly underwhelmed. Our youngest was sleeping in her stroller and they really didn't want us to bring her in - they suggested we go to hurricane hannahas by the pool - but we didn't want that. We offered to eat at a table outside and they said they could not serve us outside. They finally agreed to let us in with the stroller. The food was fair -- I wouldn't necessarily return to this particular restaurant.

The location of the hotel is awesome. If you have a park hopper pass (we did not but would the next time for this reason), you can walk just a few steps to Epcot and enter around Britain -- and at a perfect spot for fireworks. We actually watched the Epcot fireworks from the dock at the Yacht Club a few nights - and could even see the Magic Kingdom fireworks (at a distance) from the Boardwalk. We walked every night around the Boardwalk where there were performers and food stands. A great resort to stay at with kids since they are "connected" and close by other resorts so there is plenty to do and places to walk to without ever leaving the properties.

We had very few complaints, if any. Service was generally good. Rooms were clean. Housekeeping left animals shaped out of towels on some days, and not on others. We ordered room service one night and it came very quickly and was extremely fairly priced and very good.

Because we had a great rate due to the conference, we may not have otherwise booked the Yacht Club -- but because of the amenities geared towards families and the location - it may be hard to stay anywhere else. There or the Beach Club (which seems to be an exact replica with a different color palate - and share the same pool) would be our choice when staying again. A wonderful trip! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

We also got the Magic Bands which were AMAZING. we waited in no lines with fast pass, never had to carry a room key, credit cards, ids, etc. Everything loaded right onto it -- super convenient...every resort should have something like it --

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rachelscott80
There are newer reviews for Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The arrival was great, we were greeted by name. Our room was not ready so they offered to send a text when it was. 4 hours later my husband went to check on the room, an hour past check in, and they said it was ready, we just never got the notification but we sat by the pool which was a nice way to relax. Our room was nice and our luggage was brought up after we called the desk. The resort has a great gym facility and is convenient to the Boardwalk and Epcot. The pool was nice, plenty of chairs and lots of areas for different activities. We spent Saturday afternoon at Epcot which we enjoyed. Definitely recommend for couples, it was also great being on the Disney grounds and close to so many options for transportation to other Disney properties. Even though we ate a ton at Epcot we were starving when we got back to the hotel and after walking for hours we didn't have much energy left. There are limited options for room service and pizza was only served until 10 so my husband walked over to the boardwalk to get pizza....it was just ok.

Once we settled in for bed and adjusted the air conditioning to a temp that didn't require a snow suit I started to notice a moldy smell in the room. I'm pregnant so may be a little more sensitive but as the night went on the smell got stronger. I went to the front desk in the morning and they said they would send someone to take care of it as there were no other rooms available at the time.

We spent the day at the pool before I had to check in for my conference. We got some rafts and spent a little time on the lazy river. As we were floating around trying to relax a felt something hit my back. This occurred several times before I realized a little girl was swimming under my raft and as she was swimming kept kicking me in the back. My husband got off of his raft and floated with me to get me away from the kids who were apparently playing sharks and minnows. They were making a game of swimming under the rafts and after being kicked numerous times or having a head pop up between my raft and the rocks on the side, we decided to get out of the pool. I want to add that the lazy river ranges anywhere from 5 to 7 feet or so and for a youngster who can barely swim to begin with to be floundering around under huge rafts seems very unsafe. There were two to three lifeguards on duty who must have been sleeping. I mentioned the fact that I had been kicked numerous times and that I was pregnant but was more concerned that the kids were in deep water and could barely swim. There parents were also no where to be found. The lifeguard told me it was Disney so the kids could do whatever to have fun but that he would talk to the dad whenever he showed up. I didn't especially appreciate his response or lack of concern, but what can you do.
I returned to my room and could barely breathe. This was around 3 pm so I called the front desk again. I tried to take a nap but the smell was so strong I went on the patio until the maid showed up. She knocked and when she came in said the smell was overwhelming and would put in a call to the carpet people. I went back to the pool.

When we returned the room smelled refreshed but different. Like an air freshener. That night we played mini golf at the fantasia course, it was a nice walk from the resort and has two course options. We played the "real" course, was sprayed on the carpet was a nice challenge. The fun course has all of the character obstacles whereas the other course is all green with hazards. Back at the room as we went to bed the smell was ok
Before bed but as the night progressed the mold smell returned and got worse throughout. I didn't sleep at all and tried to cover my mouth with the sheet.

I went to the front desk the next morning first thing before my conference started. They told me they would locate another room but it would not be ready until 10 or 11 so asked me to come back. I had my husband pack up our stuff, he was leaving anyway so he got everything together while I was in my morning sessions. During the break I went to the new room, we moved our luggage ourselves. It smelled like someone had smoked a carton of cigarettes in the room and there were butts all over the patio. I called the front desk again and they ended up putting us in a room with two queen beds which was all that was available. They also gave me a room closer to the elevator so I didn't wave to walk another 5 miles around the hallways. The new room still had a weird smell but not moldy. I went to the gift shop and bought an air freshener.

I found it odd that they allowed smoking everywhere in the resort. I wouldn't want to take my children around people smoking everywhere and definitely tried to avoid people smoking since I'm pregnant but it seemed unavoidable. I'm not sure if the second room they gave me was a smoking room or the previous tenant smoked in the room despite it being nonsmoking. Either way that was a huge negative for me with it being a family resort.

On Monday evening when I returned to the room after my conference ended for the day I found a cheese and fruit plate set up in the room with some bottled water. I thought it was a nice gesture but by the time I got into my room the cheese had been sitting out all day, it was sweaty and hard.....I had to stick it in the refrigerator....could not eat it, and the room smelled like cheese! Lol! I was in the resort Saturday through Thursday. By Tuesday night my room started to have the mold smell but mostly by the bathroom and sink so I didn't have trouble sleeping but by Wednesday it got stronger in the room. I was just happy that I was leaving early Thursday morning.

I took advantage of the magic express to the airport which required a three hour advance pick up. It was nice to just take my luggage to the little desk and not have to worry about it again until baggage claim at home. The only negative was that I had no change and the guy taking my bag made it very clear that he wanted a tip. It was kind of awkward so I told him I would be back and went to the snack bar to get change.

I'm not one to complain and I really wanted to enjoy the resort. It was a cool place to stay with a lot to do. If your going to do the Disney experience its worth being on the grounds for sure since there is so much to do and the parks offer free transportation. My husband enjoyed the water slide and we spent time at the pool bar, the staff was very friendly. It was just difficult to relax and enjoy when you feel like you are in an unhealthy environment. I've had bad sinus congestion for several days after my trip.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank staciavous
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just attended a conference and stayed at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. It's a beautiful resort located in the EPCOT resort area. My room was incredibly comfortable. The bed was pure heaven. There was a family staying next door to my room one night and I could hear everything through the connecting door. There was a 2 am screamer in their room, which, while I felt terrible for his parents, I had a 6 am wake up call so that was not pleasant. For any type of quick food option you have to walk over to the Beach Club area or the pool area. After being in class all day and walking back and forth to the conference center adding that extra walk just wasn't my cup of tea. I do love the Captain's Grille for a sit down meal. I think if I were staying with my children I would stay next door at the Beach Club. This resort shares a pool with it's sister resort the Beach Club. This pool is by far the best on Disney property.

Room Tip: The halls can be long and confusing - request close to elevators
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AngD1968M
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Disney's Yacht Club Resort for a quick Food & Wine Epcot visit. It's a very good resort, certainly a favorite for visiting Epcot. We also like Beach Club and Boardwalk. Like those, the Yacht Club is themed - it's a 'yacht club', so think big sailing ships. All three of these resorts behind Epcot are good picks. The Yacht and Beach club share what must be Disney's best resort pool complex. It's huge and features a lazy river, sand entrance, partial sand bottom, pool bars, bridges crossing over the pool, a giant ship with a long slide going into one of the pools... the whole 9 yards.

Aside from the excellent location -- it really is the absolute best for Epcot visits -- and the great service, the only thing I think that keeps these resorts from getting an overall excellent review from me is the lack up updated in-room technology features. While Disney does have free wifi in rooms and throughout the complex, which works quite well, they really need to upgrade the number and location of power outlets in rooms.

All-in-all, though, a really good resort to stay at for visiting Disney, especially if you'll be spending some time at Epcot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. You can walk to Epcot in under 5 minutes and Hollywood Studios in just over 5 (or wait and take the ferry).

The hotel is very clean and tidy and the staff are very helpful.

Had a great stay and couldn't grumble at anything. The pool is great and there is nice places to eat here and at the beach club.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MarkLeP87
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was my very first time to Walt Disney World and the Yacht Club Resort was not a beautiful hotel but so close to Epcot Center where we could walk there. At the Club's dock we could take water taxis through out most out the Resort. The rest was Disney's Express buses that came up to the hotel door. I've never seen so many Disney buses. My wife Google it and it said that they have the largest private bus fleet in the US... 4,500 buses! The the huge crowds leave one night we thought we have to wait awhile for our bus back to our hotel. We kept walking up to the bus terminal and got right on the very next bus! The transportations system within Disney is so very efficient from water taxis, buses and the monorail. In a nutshell, I'm very impressed with my Disney and Yacht Club Resort experience.

Room Tip: Don't bother getting room with a pool view because it's a lot more expensive. Unless you pla...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Timpix
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms were fantastic except for the size of the restrooms which were rather cramped with limited counter space. Other than that aspect, it was a very relaxing resort that was a joy to walk around and stay. Incredible large pool including a good water slide and sand on the pool floor. Loved to be able to walk to Epcot and MGM (boats going there were hit and miss on how long you would have to wait). Loved our 4-night stay at the Yacht club!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family