We recently stayed at the Yacht Club as my husband attended a conference. We took our two young children, ages 3 and 1. From the moment we arrived - the staff was extremely engaging and gracious with our children. They always greeted them and chatted with them -- and were always ready with Mickey stickers any time we passed the concierge or front desk.
We checked in right away and our room was spacious and comfortable. We had asked for a crib, which was not in the room, but came quickly after we reminded them. The Beach Club next door has a great little market place where you can buy snacks, food and half gallons of milk which were great to have in the room.
The resort itself was clean and beautiful. The pool is amazing for kids as it has a beach area with sand that you can walk in - so you don't have to worry about them falling in. Plenty of shallow areas for them to walk/swim in. They loved the actual "beaches" along the lagoons as well to play in (though you can't swim in that water).
We ate at Hurricane Hannahs a few times for quick meals and it was good enough - wish there were some more options for the kids other than chicken finger type food (pb&j sandwiches, pasta, etc). We did the character breakfast at Cape May which was wonderful. We had dinner one night at Beaches and Cream - we were slightly underwhelmed. Our youngest was sleeping in her stroller and they really didn't want us to bring her in - they suggested we go to hurricane hannahas by the pool - but we didn't want that. We offered to eat at a table outside and they said they could not serve us outside. They finally agreed to let us in with the stroller. The food was fair -- I wouldn't necessarily return to this particular restaurant.
The location of the hotel is awesome. If you have a park hopper pass (we did not but would the next time for this reason), you can walk just a few steps to Epcot and enter around Britain -- and at a perfect spot for fireworks. We actually watched the Epcot fireworks from the dock at the Yacht Club a few nights - and could even see the Magic Kingdom fireworks (at a distance) from the Boardwalk. We walked every night around the Boardwalk where there were performers and food stands. A great resort to stay at with kids since they are "connected" and close by other resorts so there is plenty to do and places to walk to without ever leaving the properties.
We had very few complaints, if any. Service was generally good. Rooms were clean. Housekeeping left animals shaped out of towels on some days, and not on others. We ordered room service one night and it came very quickly and was extremely fairly priced and very good.
Because we had a great rate due to the conference, we may not have otherwise booked the Yacht Club -- but because of the amenities geared towards families and the location - it may be hard to stay anywhere else. There or the Beach Club (which seems to be an exact replica with a different color palate - and share the same pool) would be our choice when staying again. A wonderful trip! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
We also got the Magic Bands which were AMAZING. we waited in no lines with fast pass, never had to carry a room key, credit cards, ids, etc. Everything loaded right onto it -- super convenient...every resort should have something like it --
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort