“Mixing Business and Pleasure Was a Snap!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #59 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time. I was there on business but also mixed in some fun.

The conference center was top notch. The meeting rooms were well stocked and clean. The catered lunches were delicious and the wait staff was great.

I stayed at a room on the second floor just behind the elevators. My room was clean and comfortable. I thought the bed was cozy and the maid service was unparalleled. The balcony was even a nice size.

I thought the transportation to the different areas of the resort was simple to use and very convenient. I used the bus to get to the Magic Kingdom and the water taxi to reach Hollywood Studios. Again, they ran on schedule (except when it rained, which meant the water taxis did not run) and were awesome.

The older cast member who was greeting guests in the lobby near the globe was very warm and welcoming and a great conversationalist. I did not get to use many of the amenities (such as the pool area), but I thoroughly enjoyed those that I did. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. Bear in mind that the convention rate is much less than the rack rate, so plan accordingly.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Disn3yFan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and I just returned from a 7 day/6 night stay at the Disney Yacht Club. We've stayed at other deluxe Disney properties but the Yacht Club was by far our favorite. The location is great - within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios, as well as the Boardwalk Hotel, where there are restaurants, shops and a boardwalk area. What we liked about the Yacht Club, more than the Boardwalk Hotel, were the restaurant options within the Yacht Club. We ate breakfast most mornings at the Captain's Grille. We also ate lunch there twice and had dinner there once. Each and every time the food was very good and the service was great. There are other other options within the Yacht Club for food including a cafe (Beaches and Cream) that serves ice cream and sandwiches, burgers, etc. as well as a more formal restaurant and a pub.

Our room was very clean, nicely appointed and spacious. We were on the third floor with a beautiful view of the lagoon.

We had a slight issue our first night with some construction noise outside our window. In addition to calling the front desk at 4:00 a.m. to report the problem, we spoke with Chip (from Iowa) in the lobby the next morning. He told us that the work that went on the previous night should not have and assured us it would not happen again. When we returned to the hotel later that day, Chip approached us and told us that he had looked into the matter further and that it would absolutely not happen again. He gave us the option to move to another room immediately if we chose to or he would hold a room for us until the next day if we wanted to wait. We decided to stay in our room and were very happy not to experience the same problem ever again. Thanks to Chip for the great customer service.

My only complaint about the Yacht Club is that the pool area was a bit too crowded in my opinion. Since the Yacht Club and the Beach Club share the same pool it was always bustling in and around the pool. My husband and kids didn't feel it was too crowded so maybe it's just me.

On a separate note, we opted for the deluxe dining plan during this stay. With this plan there is a sit-down breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as daily snacks. Lunch and dinner include an appetizer, entree and dessert. It was too much food and we felt we had to plan too much of the vacation around meal reservations. I recommend the regular dining plan.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DisneyWorld. Yes, the hotel is more expensive than most if not all of the other Disney properties but it was absolutely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank juliso
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club as my wife has attended a conference for the last two years. We've also stayed at other Disney properties including Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Caribbean, and Coronado. We've been delighted with the Yacht Club, its service, location, room comfort, and pool. You are only a few minutes walk from Epcot or a boat ride to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as the Boardwalk. Buses take you to the other parks. The pool is great whether with children or without (we only found out there is a second pool for adults only, but why bother as the main pool is so great). We have have stayed in the last wing closest to Dolphin, Swan & the Boardwalk complex - just a could of minutes out the side door. You are also two minutes from the boat dock and maybe three to the lobby and pool ( I can't imagine why you'd thread through all the inner halls except if there is a torrential downpour). We prefer rooms 1001 and 1009 which are on the end, and overlook the lake and boardwalk and very private with a nice hedge. The same rooms on floors two and three provide a loftier view if you really have to have that above all else and are freaked out by the first floor but it is really, in my opinion, the best two rooms, mirroring each other and away from the hustle and bustle of of the lobby and pool (and no one will be taxed by the two minute walk outside not to mention you are really close to getting to the boardwalk for alternative food choices including The Bakery). My only complaint is the in-room coffee machine still has powdered creamers when most other places now have shelf stable half & half which I would expect from Disney.

Room Tip: 1-3001 & 1-3009 are the best for access to boardwalk, boats, lobby, main pool, quiet pool, dolph...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ribking
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First disclosure - when I travel to the area my first choice is not typically a Disney property. But this was a conference and I was pretty locked into this. It's not the first time at this property and to Disney's credit, they keep everything up to good standards. The people can't always answer a question (are there stairs that aren't alarmed instead of an elevator every time?), but they are always smiling, pleasant and want to be helpful (good recommendation for dinner at the River Bend Brewing Co.).

If you're staying at the Yacht Club and have a lot of things to haul (e.g. with young children), be aware of their room numbering pattern. It's a LONG hike from the elevator to your room if your room number has a '2' in the second digit (32xx means third floor, and the higher room numbers; means long hike from elevator). So be aware of that when you check in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Bill H
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This pool has it all! No wonder it is fenced in and there are attendants checking guest cards. The lazy river, sandy bottom, slide, jacuzzi, water activities, etc. can make a day at this pool relaxing and enjoyable. Dining options, the boardwalk, EPCOT and The Studios are close by via boat or short walk. Fantasia Gardens mini golf is just around the corner.
The location gives guests many choices during their stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank heelz
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Every fall three of my girlfriends and I take a trip to Disney for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. We stay at a different hotel every year. Last year we stayed at the Yacht Club. The hotel was lovely, pool was awesome, amenities were good. It's best feature, however, is the location.

While in general, our experience there was pleasant, our check-in and park ticket purchase experience at the hotel was a nightmare, and the resultant mis-billing and double/triple/quadruple-billing took weeks after our departure to sort out.

The problem, it appeared to me, was that we had multiple adults staying in one room. We each wanted our access cards linked to each of our own credit cards for dining/park purchases, etc. We each wanted to pay for our own park tickets. This proved to be far too complicated for the staff to handle. We ended up with, say, three people's access cards being linked to one person's credit card; one person getting charged for four sets of park tickets; when they tried to do a charge-back to correct it, they ended up charging us again, etc. This happened multiple times, such that when we each got our credit card statements after we had left, there were PAGES dedicated solely to the charge/backcharge/charge/backcharge activity they did in the hour+ it took us to check in and purchase park tickets. One person's bill was still not correctly rectified and funds not redeposited into her account after 3 weeks, which resulted in hours on the telephone. We struggled with I believe four different staffers for almost an hour before the manager, who had been observing the whole debacle but not stepping in, correctly surmised that I was about to completely lose my mind and dive over the counter, and stepped in to help.

It should not be that difficult to check in and buy Disney park tickets at a Disney-owned hotel. I have to assume that they encounter situations similar to ours all the time, and especially given the general mechanized efficiency with which Disney runs the rest of its operations, it's nearly incomprehensible to me that multiple members of their staff are not capable of handling what must be a commonplace scenario. It may have been a one-off experience, but I shall not be returning to the Yacht Club. Animal Kingdom Lodge up next!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, and had a tiny little seating area right outside our sliding patio door...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

i love everything about the yacht club. location--walking distance to epcot, boardwalk, and hollywood studios(also a ferry boat ride if you're not feeling like walking). peace and quiet--for some reason, the hotel seems to have less bustling in the lobby than the beach club, even though the two hotels share property. if you're going as an adult only vacation, this is the hotel to stay at. loved the marketplace for snacks, breakfast, or lunch. rooms are very comfortable. i don't have any complains at all. just a great place to enjoy peace away from the parks.we didn't eat a sit down meal here, but there was no shortage of possibilities. next time, i'll have breakfast at the cape may with mickey and donald. loved to be able to walk to the countries for a meal. best part was the view of epcot's fireworks from our balcony. all rooms at yacht have balconies, but request a view of fireworks or you could be facing the wrong way.

Room Tip: we asked for a room facing the fireworks at epcot. we had a great view, but we also had a very long...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends