This was our second time staying at this hotel after a six year hiatus. I'm used to hotels showing some age after a while (see my profile), but not here. Really great job they do on the upkeep. The location is great for strolling into Epcot for french breakfasts every morning, and then around the Boardwalk for dinners most nights. Buses to the MK arrive all the time, and take only 10-15 minutes to drop you at the front gates - really convenient, and I say that generally disliking bus travel (same with my daughter, and this works for her as well).
Pros: The rooms are rather large, or certainly are for four adult sized people. Even with a double queen, there was a sort-of hidden day bed which my daughter claimed. The rooms overlooking the "quiet" pool (on the far side away from the main pool) were quiet enough only after about 10 pm when all the kids were shooed away. Our room had a balcony which was great for starting the day with b'fast, and ending the day with a little restful breather. All the greenery around all walkways and whatnot really served to make the views nice and keep down the noise. Staff here are fantastic, and ready to answer any and all questions. The "beach" pool is simply awesome for kids - there is actual sand laid down so that parts of the pool really are a beach with chlorine instead of salt water. The pirate slide was a blast for my son and me. The other location consideration was that we could take one of the fun boats into Hollywood Studios. We had stayed at the Polynesian one visit, and were quite disappointed, despite being on the monorail. Frankly, after our first trip to the YC, we said it was far superior, and frankly our second visit here re-confirmed that. In fact, I think we got to the park faster by bus than the several times we had to let monorails go by because of crowding when we stayed on the MK property itself.
Cons: Well, you'll certainly get your exercise walking to the room and back (TG for bathrooms in the lobby - hah!). I had fun watching my directionally challenged wife get lost a couple times walking to the room because the hallways jag left and right all over the place. Yes, you'll hear kids in the hallways walking by, so if you're a mid-day napper this hotel may not be for you. We spent all our days outside, so by the time we got back to our rooms, we were so tired that a little hallway noise wasn't going to bother us. Finally, one aggravating nitpick. You can't use a computer to get your boarding passes. They'll do it for you, which at first seems great. But if you run into a problem, as I did, then it becomes a real hassle because you can't fix it without walking the concierge through letter by agonizing letter (not word, I had to spell!). I just gave up and got my passes at the airport.
Overall, we would stay here again just because the location so fits our style of traveling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort