“Fantastic place to stay for access to Epcot!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

and 1 more site!
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #65 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Fantastic place to stay for access to Epcot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn in the past and decided to give this property a try. We loved it!!!

It is much quieter than the Boardwalk Inn, with well appointed rooms and a fantastic pool for the kids (and a hidden quieter one for the adults). We had everything that we needed and the Boardwalk shops as well as Epcot were just a walk away.

We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The concierge helped us make all of our dining reservations as well as any tickets we needed for the parks.
We ate at the steakhouse on the property and found it to be phenomenal. The casual restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch was good too. Never too long of a wait and the staff was great. Moana was our server almost everyday and she greeted us with a welcome back smile!!!

I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone. We just had a garden view room and we were very pleased with the nice balcony we had. The beds were uber comfy and the maids made up our rooms in a timely manner!! It was great that the hotel actually made the effort to put our children in connecting rooms with us! The property is one of the best that we've stayed at while in Disney!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MeeshaMB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Thai first
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

So far I have stayed at 8 different Disney World properties. The Yacht Club is one of my favorite. A short walk to Epcot and right next to the board walk, the Yacht Club is adult friendly yet great for kids too.

Walking into the club you might catch the Captain, greeting you. The rooms are neatly appointed but not over done. They are comfortable. The hotel is spacious and has good dining and descent out door pool area that kids can enjoy.

The staff is also very friendly. They helped me find the perfect Cinderella gown for my 3year old and actually had a runner go pick it up for us.

The nearby board walk has shopping and clubs for adults. Though depending on the season the clubs can be a little dead. But the shopping is typical Disney.

Boat service will whisk you away to other parks or you can take a short walk through Epcot to catch the monorail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank M M
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I think the room was great the club level is well worth the money. we enjoyed it but had issues we can not discuss. you expect first class from Disney and you pay for it in a way. having to change rooms made club level a wasted expense and pretty much ruined our trip. I understand things happen but some things should not happen in the club level of yacht club at Disney. I would say remember that even the best of the best can have major issues occur and no one handles these issues as well as Disney.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank neatcmom
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We, my husband and I and our teen daughter stayed at the Disneys Beach club resort last week. It is attached to their Yacht Club Resort but is worlds apart in atomsphere. We would of preferred the quieter and more refined Yacht resort. The Beach Club is great for alot of reasons but the lobby and public areas are crazy busy and noisy with kids. The resorts share a pool and restaurants so no loss there by switching. I would recommend that you ask for a room NOT near the pool if you don't want to be bothered by kids day camp/recreation noise. Great location as far as access to the back entrance to Epcot, The Disney Boardwalk and views of the lake and beach. Only trade off would be that the Beach Club has a great marketplace/mini mart for hot and cold take out meal options like qts. of milk, boxed mini cereals, bananas, hot grill items, etc. that we used everyday and was not close to the Yacht Club rooms. If you're looking for a relaxing environment, avoid the Beach Club unless you book the more expensive Villa rooms that are away from the pool and noisy, crowded lobby.

Room Tip: Away from noisy pool
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JeanNJ
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Disney Yacht Club March 4th thru 8th. Great location, since Epcots' World Showcase our favorite. The pros: very nice hotel .Clean, beautiflly landscaped grounds, water transportation to Epcot & studios, vast pool area with refreshments, and the staff are friendly & helpful. The cons: Concierge level not worth twice the money. No greeting off of Magical Express, had to find someone to take us to concierge check-in on 5th floor, was told from 11:00 on that "room should be ready in 20 minutes". Finally got into room at 3:30. Used concierge staff for only two requests. I ended up doing them myself. They are good for saying "good morning" & "welcome back", that's about it. The staff in the food and beverage area were wonderful. Very accommodating. I asked for a beer before it was put out and they were happy to oblige. Room and maid service very good. our refrigerator was broken and they had a new one there in 20 minutes! Overall a great stay, but will never use concierge level again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at Disney's Yacht Club to celebrate the end of a year of cancer treatments for my mom. The staff at the Yacht Club was amazing and made us feel special from the moment we checked in. We were upgraded to an amazing suite and received exceptional service the entire vacation.

Though we are not big pool people, the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club resorts is the best on Disney property and we always set aside some time to spend there when we stay at one of these resorts. However, be forewarned that there are loud pool activities going on almost all day and pool view rooms can hear all of it! If you are looking to take a midday nap, I would not recommend booking a pool view room.

My favorite thing about the Yacht Club is being able to walk directly to Epcot. It makes for a very relaxing stroll at the end of the day, rather than fighting for space on buses and boats.

The rates are not cheap and I would not stay without a discount rate but I look forward to being able to stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't book a pool view room if you want quiet during the day!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarCstl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Mom and I took my two sons (5 and 7) to Disney World for Spring break. We really enjoyed it over all but there were a few bumps in the road. The hotel did have a lot of families but it wasn't over run with small children. There were a lot of adults without kids staying there too. For reference we went next door to the Beach Club Resort (they are attached) and it was crazy with kids. This was probably better for us because we love our kids but when your hotel is full of them there seems to be a crazy energy that keeps you from relaxing.

The pools are great for children and adults. There is a huge "pirate ship" that comes out of the water with a water slide. They also do movies on the beach and marshmallows/smores for the kids. There is a decent bar and quick service restaurant out there too. My kids enjoyed hitting the pool after visiting the parks and I enjoyed sitting and relaxing with a glass of wine.

The restaurants are pretty good too. I will preface this with the fact that I am Gluten Free. Every time you say those words in Disney they send a Chef or a Manager out to talk to you about your options. After a few days you start to feel like a pain but I know they do it to be safe - it just ends up making you feel like you're being difficult.

The Yachtsman Steak House is really good but like all things Disney it's a little over priced. There is a sit down restaurant that has the cute Mickey Waffles and also healthy egg white omelets. The take away breakfast is decent but nothing spectacular they have oatmeal, cereal, bananas, apples, coffee, etc. but I would have LOVED a plain greek yogurt or a boiled egg. Apparently they have some different stuff at the Beach Club but we didn't know that. I find that you have to ask a lot of questions at Disney to get to the answers you want or need!

Our room was nice enough. We had a great view of the lagoon and the Disney Boardwalk. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The bathroom was a bit small for the level of resort though. The towels were nice and fluffy (sorry that is a BIG deal to me) and the sheets/etc were comfortable. Our balcony was nice too.

Two things we had issues with were that our toilet got stopped up at 9:45 at night (remember we had small children who were needing to go to sleep) and they didn't come till 10:30 to fix it and we called for a corkscrew and that took 45 minutes as well. Also the staff there is "nice". It felt like it was forced fake, this is my job to smile nice. I'm from TX so I guess I'm used to real nice but I got a little tired of the pretend feeling. They also had difficulty telling us how to navigate to other resorts where we had activities planned.

Overall this is a good resort and I would recommend it - it is super close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and it's super easy to get there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family