First, I am an adult, no children Disney Traveler. I DO take nieces and nephews there often, but this hotel would be more suited for adult travelers who do not require lots of whistles and bells!
I have stayed at this resort twice- May 2012 and September 2012. If possible, I will never choose another Disney resort! DYC is fantastic! The pool- OH THE POOL- is great! It is shared with the Beach Club and is truly one of the best reasons to stay at this resort. There is a pool side bar that is awesome and they are refurbishing and I cannot wait to see what the new bar will look like! Location is also great- walk to Epcot or Boardwalk attractions- lost of adult places- bars, etc., but a fun place to walk with kids, too!
I stayed at DYC on the club level both times. The first time I was scheduled there. The second time, we were booked at Disney's Beach Club on the Club Level- three adults, one child- and we needed adjoining rooms. Disney very kindly made accommodations for us to move. I was thrilled as were my brother and his wife! We loved it there and were SO happy we made the switch! The rooms were higher quality in cleanliness and amenities. The rooms are more modern, the linens seem to be of better quality- even the shampoo is different! A more high-end setting. The lobby offers a quiet atmosphere with a great bar and a sitting area- we made use of this lobby bar a couple of times. Try the Lobster Slider Rolls!!!! YUMMY!
Club Level lounge offered delicious food options and as expected, Disney staff were amazing! The hotel in general is more quiet but maintains the Disney magic! Even the gift shop has a higher end selection. A great choice and I will be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Groupon, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort