3 adults stayed at the Yacht Club on the Concierge Level for a non disney vacation. We wanted to get a away for a few days to use the pool and get some sun. We did not visit any of the parks.
POOLS:All we heard about was how the Yacht club had the best pool in Disney, it was the biggest and the best. It may have been the biggest but I dont think the best. The pool area is split up into different sections that DO NOT connect so you have to get out of one pool to get into another pool. The sand bottom was kinda cool but wouldnt be a deciding factor to go again. Most of the pools are only a few feet deep so you cant really even float around in them which is kind of stinky.
Concierge Level: was nice, the moment we pulled up we were greeted and escorted to the elevators for a personal check in on our floor. The perks to this level would be that they offer a light breakfast in the mornings: cereal, hard boiled eggs and breakfast breads, juices. mid after noon snacks of chips and pretzels, sodas. Mid evening they offer hot appetizers such as little spring rolls and dumplings along with chips and at night they have small bit seized varied deserts and wine and desert liquor offerings.
Restaurants at the Hotel: Cape May Cafe $$, we had dinner there and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. the food was not good and service was questionable. not even sure why it was so expensive because it really was bad. Yachtsman Steakhouse $$$ but we expected: service was great and the food was good but not exceptional for being rated so highly for a steak house. Captains' Grille was pretty standard with service and quality of food, slightly above average in food and slightly below average in service. Beaches and Cream soda shop was tasty but we only had dessert there. we also grabbed lunch at the restuarant by the pool and that was pretty decent for a burger pool side.
The resort is right next to Beach Club, it connects so Beaches and Cream Soda shop was within walking distance, we also played some games in the arcade which was fun. 2 of the 3 adults got a massage which is not offered in a spa setting but a gym setting with private rooms. The actual room was okay and the massages were good.
Other things to do at the resort. We also rented the personal watercrafts and they allow to ride around the lake which is shared by the Boardwalk resort and Hollywood studios so that was nice to do one afternoon and the price I think was $30.00 for the half hour so it was reasonable. We also roasted marshmellows and watched a Disney movie one of the nights (they offer the campfire nightly along with a Disney movie outside by the lake. OOH another perk was we could see the fireworks from the pier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort