Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Yacht Club. I have stayed at all the Deluxe resorts except the Grand Floridian so far, and I love the Yacht Club the best! Awesome location, service, pool (Stormalong Bay), and cleanliness! We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the water between us and the Boardwalk. So much fun on the Boardwalk and could see the Epcot fireworks from our balcony (room 4125). Ordered room service on last morning and it (and the gentleman who served it) was outstanding! Yes, it's expensive but worth every penny if you want the utmost in customer service. We were moved from the (badly in need of a refurb) Beach Club Villas (more on that in a different review) because our rooms (2BR villa) were dumpy and the resort was kind of icky (dirty carpets, stained couches). We were pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the managers were. They seemed genuinely interested in our happiness. This was a family trip (mine and my brother's family) so we were a party of 9. They gave us two rooms in the Yacht and we couldn't have asked for more. Ample towels, toiletries, fun towel animals by the housekeeping staff, etc. I could go on and on. The only negatives I can give would be this...a couple of missing shower curtain rings that no one seemed to notice were missing and I forgot to mention, and weak water pressure but I noticed that everywhere throughout the "World".
Now for my one and only "rant"-DISNEY'S MAGICAL EXPRESS WAS A HORROR! The bus that delivered us to the resort smelled like an open cesspool!!!! People were practically gagging. Disgusting! Even worse, the bus driver didn't even act like he smelled it! Then, on our return trip to the Orlando airport today, we were put on a bus WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING! It was like 85 degrees out and it felt cooler outside than inside the bus...What a disgrace and bad ending to an otherwise awesome trip. PS Hurricane Hanna's Grill is closed for renovations at the Yacht Club so the only poolside options were Beaches and Cream (too small to accommodate the patrons in a resort this size) and grab and go food stand temporarily set up in.. wait for it... THE ARCADE????? WASSUP with that Disney??? Ewww!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort