“Doesn't disappoint. Great staff and convenient location”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #52 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Yacht Club from Aug. 15th-20th. We have stayed at their sister resort The Beach Club twice prior so we knew we liked this location and of course the Yacht Club and Beach Club have the best pool on Disney property.

Being able to walk to the international gateway at Epcot is so convenient and much less hectic than entering through the main gate.

Our room was well kept with a comfortable duvet nice mattress and great pillows.

The resort overall is pretty quiet which is nice after a hectic day in the parks. We could occasionally hear a crying child in the room next to us, but nothing that I wouldn't expect at any hotel with families.

The valet service at the Yacht Club is superior to other Disney resorts based on our experience. Anytime we needed our car, the valet was prompt and courteous. Not that the valet service is bad at the other resorts, but having used the valet at several other Disney resorts, we found the service of the valets here to be MUCH faster every time.

The only downside to the Yacht Club is a lack of counter service restaurant and place to refill your Disney mugs if you choose to buy them or if you use the dining plan. There is the Marketplace over at the Beach Club, but is not convenient if you just want to grab a drink on the way back to the room or grab a quick bite before heading out to the pool. There is also a place to refill your mugs by the pool so it's not a super inconvenience, but I wanted to point that out to anyone who may be unaware.

We ordered room service b-fast one morning and thought the price was reasonable for room service and the service was great. Everything arrived as ordered and in the time expected.

We also enjoyed a lovely walk over to the Boardwalk area from our hotel one night to see the magician and juggler over there. It was a nice easy walk and a fun activity that we had not done previously at WDW.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Yacht Club on a future WDW vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank esgordon
There are newer reviews for Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Disney never disappoints. These rooms were spacious and very nice. We had our 2 teenage boys w/us so the day bed was a great addition in the room. The balcony was also awesome w/a great view of the boardwalk. Yacht club has a great location within walking distance to Hollywood Studios (.8 miles) and Epcot (.5 miles). The pool was also very nice and huge. It was never overcrowded. The sand bottom was very unique. We prefer to stay on the monorail, so the next visit will probably be the Poly-but I would strongly recommend this resort too.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love this resort. I've been coming here with my mother since 1998 and have been coming back ever since. It is just so convenient and so nice! The rooms are gorgeous and they were just renovated! And the pool is amazing! Why do they say that the Floridian is the nicest? The rooms there are Crap! The Grand Floridian is wearing and isn't grand at all. The only thing I like about that place is the food. Otherwise, it's really not disney's best. This is! The hotel staff is friendly and attentive and they actually remember your name! They treat your kids like royalty. It's just so nice to lookout on that porch and view the boardwalk sitting atop the lake. It's just so relaxing. The suites here are amazing too! You wanna know the reason Elton John and Bush stayed here? Because the suites here are so much more exquisite with chandeliers, private entrances and elevators, multiple bedrooms and full kitchens. It really can't compare with the Floridian. The boardwalk is also nice as well as the beach club if you want something a little cheaper bit this is definitely worth it. The club lounge is also very nice it it has great food and decor. So much better than the lounge at the Floridian which looks like grandma's house in the 80's.

Room Tip: Don't get a standard view. You'll be viewing the roof. Try to get garden or lagoon. Also if...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TheBraueFamily
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We knew this hotel prior to our actual stay here as we had stayed nearby and eaten in one of the restaurants. I think visiting the hotel as a 'guest' in this way gives you a rather false impression of the reality. We had been seduced by the impressive lobby which seems grand when passing through, as does the hotel exterior. Despite visiting Disneyworld (and Florida generallly) for over twenty years this was my first stay in an actual Disney property. Perhaps I had anticipated a little too much, but this hotel didn't really meet my expectations. On closer inspection things were not quite as they seemed. Check in was friendly enough, and the meet and greet at the door was very welcoming, but after that it was a bit of a let down. As other reviewers have stressed, rooms really are a long way from the lobby (trekking up and down long identical corridors gets to be a drag after a while). The room itself was also pretty ordinary, with faults much as has been mentioned by many others. It really is true that the bathrooms are so small that the door catches the toilet basin every time you open the door - seeing really is believing! Without being rude to people who are of more generous proportions - these bathrooms would really not be practical for guests who are little on the 'large' side. Seriously, you would not be able to get in the bathroom to be able to close the door (we are pretty average sized and it was a tricky manouvre!)

Also I was disappointed that there was only a half hearted attempt at the famous Disney animals (Swans, Mickeys etc) made from towels in the room; on entering there was a rather sad attempt at a Mickey with only one ear that looked like it may have been sat on. There was also dust on the counter tops etc, overall it just wasn't as nice as I was expecting, and sadly not up to a standard I would have expected of Disney. The manual key for the safe was also like a trip back to the 1990s (having to find a place for a large safe key is a bit annoying) even 'cheaper' chain hotels have electronic safes!

The best thing aout this place is location - walking distance to Epcot for dining and close to Hollywood Studios. But my advice is that unless you have a really good deal on the Dining Plan, you are better off staying in the Swan or Dolphin where you can still get early entry to the parks and be in walking distance to Epcot/Hollywood Studios. Having done both, it's just not worth the extra $$$ (and lots of them too!)

I wanted to be bowled over by this place, but it just didn't impress as it should and certainly was not worth the extortionate price that we paid.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trailblazer08
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We regularly enjoy this hotel (and its sister property The Beach Club Resort). The hotel itself is lovely and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The staff bends over backward to provide great service. I love how you can easily walk to Epcot and take a water taxi to Disney's Hollywood Studios. You can also walk to Epcot and take a monorail to the Magic Kingdom and thus avoid the bus system altogether.

The pool is just wonderful! Huge areas where you can find some privacy and the sand bottom is a nice surprise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face water. They cost less.,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank terril435
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel staff are certainly eager to be helpful and their energy is a big asset. The hotel decor generally is quite hooky (sp?) and the rooms in particular look dated and not great. it's time to update the bathroom area, add in digital safes (rather than ones with a key) and upgrade the toiletries. The common areas are nice enough. I was there for a conference so that much of my time was absorbed with other activities. I did use the pool and hung out a bit at the hotel. If you really want to be next to the park, it probably is the nicest option, but if you can stay further away, I would recommend that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DManToronto_Ontario
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I attended a 4 day convention at the Yacht Club. I brought along my daughter, sister-in-law, and niece. We had a fantastic time. Convention facilities were fantastic as usual (been there for a convention before). We had a fantastic room (3065). Be prepared for a lot of walking just at the hotel itself (almost needed sneakers to walk to the conention hall and back to the room). The room was a corner room with 2 double beds and two huge side windows. We had a balcony facing the lake (right down onto the marina). The room was fine. Cleaned most of the days that we were there (although one day we went back to the room and surprised the cleaning staff....they burst up from the sofa/daybed and starting working again). No biggie. We were just down at Disney two months ago for 10 days, so this was a quick trip and we wanted to pack a lot into 6 days (my niece hadn't been to Disney in 7 or 8 years). The pools were great. However, the sand-bottomed lazy river was as warm as a bath tub.....this would be fantastic in the colder Fall or Winter months, but a little too warm for 95 degree days during the summer. However, the whole water area is definately the best in all of Disney (giant pirate ship slide (no height restrictions), a little baby slide (good for 1-5 year olds) over by the stairs to the bigger slide, lazy river, pool (with dj and activities throughout the day, a small toddler pool with a decent sun shade over it, and a sand-bottomed small water area/pool. The Yacht Club and Beach Club also have separate regular pools on either end of the resort. These pools were less crowded (we had one to ourselves a few times during the week) and perfect temperature. There were also hot tubs. The staff at check in was great (make sure you do the online check-in the day before you arrive)...or it could be a few minutes wait. We did free self-parking but it was a little bit of a hike back to the lobby from the parking lot (drop off your party at the front door each time...and then park by yourself). Little ones are usually tired at the end of a day a the parks and the long walk from the parking lot...and then the much loner walk within the hotel to your room could kill them. This was the first time I didn't bring a stroller for my 5 year old daughter....and regretted it (but that would've been too much without my husband. Her feet hurt her everyday (better shoes next time and another year or so with a stroller)...I like a place to store my stuff in the stroller and hold my drinks anyway. We got room service breakfast everyday...mickey waffles, bacon, choc. milk, juice, ect...all fantastic! The boardwalk doesn't really have too many attractions. One day we took the boat across the lake to the Boardwalk hotel and went into a couple of stores (candy and a disney store), an arcade, and...that was about it. There were a few stands that were closed...looked like they might have been carnival games or something. The Yaht Club and Beach Club are definate splurges. I got the room for $179/night which was the convention rate. Each night down on the sand they have marshmellow roasting and beach movies. This is a great freebie (the Old Key West does this also...I'm assuming most of the DVC sites do this). This is a fantastic hotel. I'd love to return with my husband someday (maybe the next convention), but I still prefer the Wyndam Bonnet Creek for week long stays (love the space, decor, location, and pools....many many pools)!! I'll review the parks and restaurants in other separate reviews .

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or lake view. Try to get a room that isn't the last room down the furthest hallw...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business