We stayed 5 nights at the Yacht Club from Aug. 15th-20th. We have stayed at their sister resort The Beach Club twice prior so we knew we liked this location and of course the Yacht Club and Beach Club have the best pool on Disney property.
Being able to walk to the international gateway at Epcot is so convenient and much less hectic than entering through the main gate.
Our room was well kept with a comfortable duvet nice mattress and great pillows.
The resort overall is pretty quiet which is nice after a hectic day in the parks. We could occasionally hear a crying child in the room next to us, but nothing that I wouldn't expect at any hotel with families.
The valet service at the Yacht Club is superior to other Disney resorts based on our experience. Anytime we needed our car, the valet was prompt and courteous. Not that the valet service is bad at the other resorts, but having used the valet at several other Disney resorts, we found the service of the valets here to be MUCH faster every time.
The only downside to the Yacht Club is a lack of counter service restaurant and place to refill your Disney mugs if you choose to buy them or if you use the dining plan. There is the Marketplace over at the Beach Club, but is not convenient if you just want to grab a drink on the way back to the room or grab a quick bite before heading out to the pool. There is also a place to refill your mugs by the pool so it's not a super inconvenience, but I wanted to point that out to anyone who may be unaware.
We ordered room service b-fast one morning and thought the price was reasonable for room service and the service was great. Everything arrived as ordered and in the time expected.
We also enjoyed a lovely walk over to the Boardwalk area from our hotel one night to see the magician and juggler over there. It was a nice easy walk and a fun activity that we had not done previously at WDW.
I would not hesitate to stay at the Yacht Club on a future WDW vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort