Disney's Wilderness Lodge
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$702
$458
Travelocity
3,697 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Starkville, Ms
Reviewed March 19, 2006

My family of four just returned from a week at the Lodge. We had a great room with bunks and a wooded view of the Magic Kingdom. Everything was exceptional at the lodge. The staff are very nice and helpful. Boat and bus transportation was efficient. Whispering Canyon was fun for the kids and the pin trading area is good. The pool and hot tub were big hits with us and just the overall experience of staying at such a breathtaking place so close to the kingdom made the price worth it for us. I can't imagine returning and not staying there.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Disney have really excelled with the Wilderness Lodge and we had a sensational 3-night stay there in March-06.

The hotel and grounds are amazingly well designed and the attention to detail is fantastic. The grounds and pool are truely beautiful, with lovely views onto the lake, giving the setting a really relaxing feel. The lobby is amazing to look at and really hits the mark is envoking a genuine lodge feel. While it was little corny, the geyser which erupts every hour was fun and seemed to be a hit with the kids.

We had no problems with noise which I've read some people comment on. Our room overlooked the lobby and we had no problems in sleeping and didnt pick up any noise at all.

I found the staff at the Wilderness Lodge to be very friendly and helpful. We received a complimentary room upgrade when we checked in (without even asking for it!!). Staff at the store and also the restraunts were also very friendly and were lovely to deal with.

The room we stayed in was a little smallish given the hotel's tag as one of Disney's 'deluxe' hotel's (note we also stayed at Pop Century over the course of our stay and we believe our room at Pop Century was bigger than the one we had at Wilderness Lodge), however we were able to see the 'Wishes' fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom from our balcony which was sensational. The room was nicely appointed and housekeeping did a great job each day in cleaning and tidying the room.

The hotel has three eating areas: the 'Roaring Forks' snack bar which has take-away style food, 'Whispering Canyon' cafe, and the 'Artist Point' restraunt. Most of the time we ate at the Whispering Canyon which had generally good food at fairly reasonable prices (for Disney!). The Whispering Canyon was great however the staff were sometimes very boistrous in entertaining the guests which at times became a little tiresome. After some (very) long days at the theme parks there were times when we really just wanted to have a quiet dinner and relax, and the rowdy entertainment of the serving staff was sometimes a little unwelcome. From the looks of a few of the other guests I'd say we werent the only ones who felt this way, and I think that the hotel would be well advised to tone it down a bit after say 9pm when most of the people we saw were couples who had popped the kids to bed and were looking for some quiet time...

The Wilderness Lodge is very close to the Magic Kingdom, which can be accessed by either boat (our preferred way) or by bus. The Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Disney/MGM studio theme parks are all a little further away however at the most we found the bus trip took no longer than say 15 minutes. Buses run frequently and we waited at most no more than 10-15 minutes for a bus to arrive and usually 5-7 minutes. All the transportation options were really convenient and the drivers very friendly and helpful.

On a spare day I took some time out to get away from the theme parks and had a look at some of the other hotels. In my opinion the Wilderness Lodge, the Animal Lodge and the Grand Floridian were the best looking of the hotels I saw.

16  Thank dashadam
Reviewed March 14, 2006

I've stayed at the majority of the Disney Hotels, and a few of the Delux resorts. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. The themeing of the resort is wonderful, the staff is very accomodating (unlike previous comments). I had nothing but a pleasurable stay. I have also stayed at the Polynesian and not liked it. It is dark in there, even their newly renovated rooms.

Also, I found out from staff that begining in the next couple of months they will begin rehabing the rooms--just a minor face lift. The rooms are not in desparate need of this at all. It's just an example of the quality of all of the Disney Properties.

I recommend this resort highly. The boat transportation right to the Magic Kindom is excellent. I love to take the different means of transportation for the time I'm there.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
19  Thank julie88
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We just returned from a week stay at the Wilderness Resort. Our family included my wife, my daughter (3) and my son (3months). This resort was so much fun. The service was outstanding and the amenities were great. The boat service to the Magic Kingdom was easy and very convienent. we never waited more than five minutes for any boat. I have read that this is a noisy resort. Our family did not find this at all. The electric water parade on the beach was very enjoyable for my daughter as were the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.

A couple of suggestions for dining: do make reservations for lunch at the Cinderella's castle and order the Major Domo special. I would also recommend the dinner at Coral Reef (Epcot). The only meal we had that was so-so was Mama Mia's at MGM. The catch is preferred seating for Fantasmic which is outstanding. As far as food at Wilderness: the snack bar downstairs is great for breakfast with fruit, cereal, egg sandwiches, yogurt and great coffee. We did not eat at Artist Point but overheard other guests rave about the food and service.

Overall we will be staying at this outstanding resort again in the very near future.

12  Thank DDHDEDDD
Reviewed March 7, 2006

My husband and two daughters just loved the Wilderness Lodge. Please read up on how to work it online because your stay will be much more pleasant. Booked our trip with a regular room but also asked upon arrival if an upgrade was available. So instead of a view of the roof tops for a standard reservation we had an upgrade, first overlooking the villa area, which was very nice but we wanted bunkbeds so they moved us the second day to overlooking the pool area. Beautiful view. All complimentary. Upon arriving asked to be a flag family had a wonderful morning trip to the top of the hotel with fantastic views and the honor of putting up the flags and talking to adorable Ranger Stan. Kids said it was one of the most memorable part of their trip! Had the meal plan so my husband and I one night made reservations at Artist Point and ordered a pizza in room for our daughters and left our 13 year old in charge. We had a incredible dinner and our kids had the time of their lives with dinner and a disney movie in room. We were in the hotel the whole time! Please be sure to make as many dining reservations as possible before you go. You can always cancel if you need to. But even with that said one night we were in Epcot in the rain with no reservation so I called disney dining and told them we were standing in the middle of Epcot and we needed a reservation anywhere to a sit down meal. In 5 minutes we were on our way to the Marakesh Restaurant in Moroco and had a wonderful dinner. My girls still talk about it. The best Lamb dish they ever ate!! We loved the Wilderness Lodge. It was clean,beautiful and the staff was very helpful and polite. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2005