This was everything I had hoped it would be. I am surprised to read some of the disappointing reviews, because my stay at the lodge was wonderful. The rooms are not 'luxury' as others complain, but if you've stayed at Disney hotels before you'll know that this is standard. The only way to get a truly 'luxury' room is to book a villa. After staying at Coronado Springs, which was very disappointing room-wise, this place seemed like a mansion. Sure the rooms are dark - it goes with the cozy wilderness lodge theme. Like bright rooms? Try the contemporary. If you've ever been to some of the older, more historic lodges in upstate NY or PA, this will be very much like them. The details to this building are incredible.
The pool is nice, good outside bar with friendly staff, and the hottubs were pretty good too. We went here the week before Christmas and the lobby was beautiful with the huge tree in the center. Location is great with the boat service as an added travel option. If you want to find those 'secluded' nooks, find the two small fireplaces on the second and third floors above the front doors. Other than that, there really isn't too many other private areas - remember this is Disney - made for families primarily.
The only complaint that I have is about the Roaring Fork. The fast food there is ok, not anything to write home about though. The menu was reduced beyond what was listed the hour before closing. The staff seemingly wanted to clean up faster to be able to close up faster. The food at the other restaurants at the lodge was good. Also want to mention Jikos - great food! Make your dinner reservations at any Disney restaurant EARLY! It might sound funny to have to plan your meals out a few days in advance, but it'll enable you to get reservations at reasonable hours - unless you like eating dinner at 9pm.
It seems like a lot of complaints come from people who haven't been to Disney resorts before and don't know what to expect. Go to your library and get a few Disney travel books before you go. There are a few 'tricks' to making your visit better. And although most of the staff is pretty good at catering to your needs, you're going to find a few bad apples every now and then. Get their names and let a supervisor know. But this has been rare in my Disney experiences. Keep your expectations reasonable and enjoy the ride!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge