We could find NOTHING about this resort we did not like. We were there for a 6 night stay in mid-late july. The hotel is rustic themed -- the lobby is stunning. All the staff members we encountered were phenomenal and very helpful. The quick service restaurant offered multiple choices for breakfast/lunch/dinner. We only ate breakfasts there -- we all thought the mickey waffles were great! They have coffee/tea/hot cocoa/fountain drinks available 24hr/day in the quick service restaurant. There are 2 table service restaurants onsite -- both require advance dining reservations. We booked ours 180days ahead of time.
The rooms are a decent size -- we are family of four and all our baggage and stuff fit without problem. There is a decent size closet to store you luggage. It has a double sink area separate from the shower/toilet. The shower is a great size with large ledges for all your necessites (I have 2 daughters....)
We were very fortunate and were able to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room. We were on the 6th floor room 6046. This was an unexpected highlight!
There are 2 pools onsite. One has a cool slide. There are 2 hot tubs and a kiddie pool also. Plenty of seating around pool and a bar at the poolside.
The health club/gym was more than adequate. plenty of treadmills,ellipticals, bikes, free weights and nautilus machines.
There is laundry onsite -- $2/wash, $2/dry.
The resort is large so be prepared to walk some distance from your room to certain areas of the hotel.
We utilized the bus transportation and the ferry. Both worked very well.
We have stayed at numerous disney resorts and this is BY FAR our favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge