We stayed here recently on our first trip to Disney. We were not real familiar with other Disney lodging properties, but my husband had seen photos of the lodge and said he would like to stay there.
Upon our arrival, we went straight to the online check-in desk, since we completed the online check-in. We waited for approximately five to ten minutes while the staff dealt with the group ahead of us. After seeing another clerk was available, we moved to the regular check-in line. Since the online check-in is supposed to expedite the check-in process, this was a little frustrating.
I requested a ground level room, and my request was honored.
Once checked in we arrived to our room and received a call from housekeeping. When I made my reservations I requested special laundering due to my husband's allergies to certain laundry products. I also called a week before and confirmed the request. Housekeeping asked us about the request and informed us they were going to have to come in and change out the linens and towels. Since we were heading out to dinner, it wasn't an inconvenience, but I felt like they had plenty of time to address that before we checked in.
Otherwise, the room and beds were clean and comfortable. We were satisfied with the accommodations. It was nice to be able to grab a boat to Magic Kingdom which only took about 10 or 15 minutes, versus bus travel.
They have a really nice pool area with a waterfall that feeds into the pool, and a walking trail.
We spent so much time at the parks that we really didn't have a chance to enjoy the lodge. The quick service restaurant had a great breakfast selection, which is where we ate nearly every morning. We did not get a chance to eat at either of the other two restaurants.
This is one of Disney's upper end resorts, however, it is also the least expensive of that group. Overall we had a positive experience, and may return or venture to another resort on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge