Disney's Wilderness Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$173
$157
Hilton.com
$129
$114
HolidayInn.com
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
$225
$202
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$325
$247
$289
$239
$89
Travelocity
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$702
$458
Travelocity
3,697 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First family trip to Disney included a 7 night stay during Christmas week. Wilderness Lodge was truly amazing...! From check in to check out it was perfect. Stayed on the 7th floor concierge level(Ye old faithful club). If you get the chance, splurge! You won't be sorry. Our personal concierge GRACE is an asset to the Disney Company. Went above and beyond everyday to make our trip special. My daughters were asking to go see Grace more than Mickey! On our final day the magic continued. The manager presented my daughters with a large box with a card. The card was anonymous and said in not to many words...Pay it forward. In the box was hundreds of dollars of Disney gifts. Absolutely magical moment. We of course returned the box filled with gifts for two boys. If you get a chance don't miss the Wilderness Lodge.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank riznay
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Wilderness Lodge while vacationing in Disney. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms were a nice size and very clean. We loved the pool/beach area and all of the activities. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have previously stayed at Disney's Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Animal Kingdom Hotels. This was our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge, 8 nights. Check in was quick but not the usual Disney friendly. No smile, no hotel info given. We had a woods view (looking toward the bus stop), with bunk beds. The room was spacious enough for a long stay, great for a family of 4, good shower, clean, great Mousekeeping/stuffed animal set ups, which our kids loved. We were close to elevators, room was quiet. We were not informed that monorails were down each day during the week from 11-7, which made park hopping and transportation difficult. Ferrys from WL were busy- several times we did not make it on due to the long lines; busses were crowded and often hit or miss in terms of time from WL to the parks. Whispering Canyon Cafe was fun for 1 meal/kids it's loud; food at Roaring Forks was not great, crowded but good selection of snacks/drinks. Pool was fun for kids, as was movie on beach, and light parade. Had as much of an unfriendly check-out as check in. Again not Disney-like. Unsure if some staff, including Whisp Canyon staff, enjoy working there. Overall a good trip but Disney staff attitude not so great.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank 12Comet
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was my first time staying at this resort, I was going to camp, but the weather outlook wasn't good so I switched at the last minute. I am an annual passholder so I got a 35% discount on the room, 4 nights was just under $1000.00
We were traveling with 2 kids, 6 month old and 2 year old, our room had 2 queen beds and had enough size for us to spread out. The rooms are about 350 sq feet, you basically have 3 feet on the sides of the queen beds till you hit a wall/balcony and about 4 feet between the 2 beds. The foot of the bed to the wall is about 5 feet.
The room featured a fridge, coffee maker(senseo style not k-cup), 2 sinks, safe, 32 inch LCD TV.
The bath was a a good setup, others complain its small and while I could agree if they tried to put more than one person I the actual room that houses the toilet and shower it could feel cramped, however if you keep 1 person in that area, it leaves the sink/mirror area wide open, and if you don't have enough room after that, you'rejust foolish in how you get ready/ what you expect in a hotel bathroom.... This is not a suite! That being said it fit the bill. We were able to park our double stroller on one side of the sink/ vanity area and use the other sink and bathroom door with no issues.
Speaking of the double stroller, city mini brand, it fits in the room with out closing it, doors are just wide enough to allow this to happen.
Our room had a balcony, we were supposed to have a view of service areas or a parking lot but were surprised when we drew the shades back and had a view of the courtyard area.
The balcony featured 2 chairs and a small round table, perfect escape for mom and dad while the kids were napping.

Our room was located near the ice machine and vending area, I though this would be an issue but it proved not to be one.

Transportation to the parks is ok, your best bet is the boat for the magic kingdom, they run ever 15-20 min, they have buses that go to all other parks and they run every 20-30 min. We used the bus 2 times, the boat, 4 times, and drove our car twice.... In my opinion if you know where your going drive yourself to all places but the magic kingdom.

The resort is beautiful, does not feel like your in Florida. The pool is heated to 82, and has 3 lifeguards on duty. Every night there is a campfire and a movie, free marshmallows! Bring Supplies to make s'mores.

Food- there are a few options, and we use 3 of the 4 on this trip
Whispering canyon we had breakfast at, $16.95 all you can eat, kids under 3 are free
The roaring fork was a quick service venue we had lunch and dinner at a few times, has pizza, burgers, subs and salads.
Territory lounge, bar, has great bar food, for not much more money than the roaring fork, and it's cheaper than whispering canyon for lunch and dinner. You only have 7 options for food there, the flatbread and the crispy chicken are great, so are the truffle fries.

We have eaten at artist pointe in the past, food is good, but on the expensive side.

Now to where I feel they could improve things
1. Noise- internal-the doors and walls don't seem to do to much at blocking noise, you can hear normal conversations happening in the hall while laying in bed.
2. Noise-external- the resort is close to the magic kingdom, ever night at 8 pm you can hear the fireworks, and at 9:45pm.... Yes you read that right 9:45 pm the electrical parade floats by the hotel. It's a 8 min show with various forms of Disney techno music synced to blinking lights on a barge.
3. Coffe maker- get rid of the senseo and switch to the k-cups already... I took my k-cup maker from home and the bellhop said it wasn't the first time he had seen someone bring one.

Room Tip: Check out the territory lounge for lunch or dinner
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank swimmarz
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The first time it had just opened (and was almost 20 years ago). I remember how big it seemed. When I stayed there this past December I was amazed and how nice it was. My family and I stayed in the Lodge and it was decorated for Christmas. The tree was breathtaking! The attention to detail they have there is amazing. It is a nicer hotel so you do pay more to stay there but one plus is that it is only a 5-10 minute boat ride to the magic kingdom, which is fantastic when there are extra magical hours. We didn't eat there much so I can't really speak to the restaurants (we just ate in their cafeteria for breakfast 2 mornings) but I've heard the nicer one (Artist Point) has great food. I did use their running path and it ends pretty abruptly and you have to run over to the road and to another path (not quite as picturesque) or you could run through the camp grounds but there was heavy foot traffic when I was there so I wouldn't recommend it. Although the running path wasn't optimal I think it is one of the better ones around the Disney resort areas (and you can run farther instead of constantly looping around every hour).

I enjoyed my stay, and if I had the cash, I would definitely stay there more often.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family