Disney's Wilderness Lodge
$91
$72
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$159
Hyatt.com
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
$278
$212
$493
$391
Travelocity
3,702 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the wilderness Lodge on the Disney property . We stayed the 2nd week of February. It is an amazing place. Disney did not leave out anything. Like my profile says I am a coal miner and forty years old with a 14 year old and a 5 year old. There was plenty of activity at the Lodge for both of them. I felt safe and secure. They have security staff that is visible and speaking of security the lifeguards are amazing. When we think of a life guard at a swimming pool the first image that comes to mind is the person just sitting there not moving. That is not the case here the young people are always walking counting heads checking on everyone's safety.
The food at this place is amazing it don't matter what you get it is great . I ate at the Whispering canyons restaurant , it was amazing. we also road the boat across the lake to the camp ground and ate there one night for dinner and it provided me with the best ceaser salad I have ever had. I strongly recommend the meal plan. Study on it and get the one that meets your needs.
Magic bands are sadly missed still today a week after the conclusion of our trip. We received our magic bands about 2weeks before we left. Magic band enable you to charge anything to the credit card linked to your room magic band. My little girl had a magic band also so she felt like a big girl. It gave dad a piece of mind cause if god forbid she got away from us the magic band can be used to link us back to gather again.
Bottom line is this place is where I will always stay when I am going to Disney or for that matter I may just stay there at the wilderness lodge and make it a base camp for trips to Orlando.
In closing I would like add a note to which has never happened to me. I needed some medicine for my little girl while we were there do to the colds going around at school. One call to the front desk and it was done. The magic kingdom is just that Magic. Go here stay here. I would recommend the sixth floor if you have small children that like mine think it is fun to throw stuff through the slats of a balconies, as the sixth floor balconies are solid for about four feet high and very private. Love it all feel free to ask me any questions about this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the sixth floor and stay at the end of the fall. I liked room 6163
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank CoalMiner74
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed in a woods view room. We generally stay on the concierge level but not this time. Our room was immaculate. The resort is beautiful. Transportation was fine- never a long wait. We ate at Roaring Forks and the food was great. Even though we had a woods view room we saw the lake and watched the electric parade at night. Perfect stay once again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travisanti
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wilderness lodge for 9 nights mid-January. It was very cold so the log cabin feel and fireplaces were nice to come back to. We were upgraded from a woods view room to a courtyard view, king bed. That was a nice surprise. However it was overlooking the lobby and we were told that all king bed rooms do so. I was happy with the bed, comfortable and loved the pillows, mine at home just doesn't cut it now. I was concerned about the noise but it was not that bad. But if you ever want to sleep in or get a late afternoon nap, I would recommend a room at the end of the hallway as there will be less foot traffic going by. We ate at artist point twice, a very nice restaurant but it's not on my must-do list next time. Something I will keep in mind, which goes for any wdw resort, is to make my dinner reservations based on proximity to resort. I made all the reservations months in advance but just went on where was the best place to eat, not on which best places would be closest to our resort. For example, we ate at the Flying Fish on the boardwalk one night, it was a great dinner but it took us almost 2 hrs to get there! We had to first go to downtown disney and every bus ride wait was long, and cold! The next night we had Jiko booked at the Animal Kingdom but we cancelled it because we didn't want to spend all out time travelling to get there. I should have book Criticos and Narciosees at the Grand Floridian as that would have only been the first stop on any bus going and 2 short boat rides back (if magic kingdom is still open, you take a boat there, then another one to Wilderness lodge). We did have a lovely time at the resort, however I would like to try a different one next time.

Room Tip: Down a hallway, away from the elevator and a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Serena T
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This resort would get 5 stars from me in any case but we were comped to the Club floor which was icing on a tasty cake. We've stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Beach Club and both are wonderful but I don't see the need to pay for any of the pricier deluxe resorts. We love the boat to the MK but the bus was faster for rope drop. The lobby is stunning but you probably know that.

We've stayed at 4 resorts (plus once off the World) and there are a number of others we'd like to try, but if I had to pick just one for all of our future trips it would certainly be Wilderness Lodge.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank dmaxdmax
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our first time back to Disney in 25 years. This time with the grand kids. The hotel was very clean. Taking the boat behind the hotel to Magic Kingdom and Epcot was very convenient. The Whispering Canyon Cafe was very noisy and the food mediocre at best. The waitstaff were friendly and a lot of fun. Artist Point was pricey but a nice change from all the other eateries around Disney. The convenience of Roaring Forks was great. Coffee was ready at 6:00 am every morning. The pool was a big hit with the grand kids and the pool staff were on top of their game.
Would go back again next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family