Loved the hotel - felt like I was both in the middle of Yosemite and Disney at the same time. Stayed with 2 boys, aged 6 and 9 and they were in heaven. Definitely the best "Disney" hotel of the Big 4 if you have kids. Toured the other ones and while nice, they felt more like just a hotel. Transportation to the Magic Kingdom was a snap - travel by boat service and avoided the buses. Never waited more than 5 minutes. Boat captains were entertaining.
Stayed in Room 5150 - this is a Woods View. Used the Unofficial Guide Book to Disney which recommended rooms on floors 4-6. Made my room request through online check-in confirmation and it was granted. You MUST check-in through online check-in at least 24 before arriving to avoid the lines when large groups arrive all at once to the hotels. My line was 2 deep. Easy as pie. Room was semi small but adequate for 4 if you keep it neat. Fridge was included. I would not recommend paying more for a lake view or higher because you cannot see the Magic Kingdom from the resort due to the foliage. I was under the impression that you could see the nightly fireworks show from Cinderella's castle from some of the rooms and/or the beach area - not true. So, unless you want to pay more to look at the pretty lake - don't spend your $ there. My room looked out over the trees and the pool area servicing the Vacation Club villas. Quiet at this time of the year.
Had dinner at Artist Pointe, which was lovely, the first night. Otherwise, tried once to get into Whispering Canyons for breakfast - hour wait - so went around the corner to the "take out" shop they had and got the same nice breakfast for $4.99 in 5 minutes. There is ample sitting room and you are on your way quickly. My elderly mother and I both ate "kids" breakfast portions each day - more than enough for an average adult.
The service was fantastic in the hotel. Will definitely return. Extra blankets were delivered promptly and I must compliment the Mercantile shop for making me examine my purchases delivered to the hotel from Ye Ole Christmas Shop in the Magic Kingdom. Upon examination, we found a broken ornament (this was around 10pm) and in less than an hour, Marianne had called that shop and had another one delivered to the hotel for me.
Finally, you can check-in your luggage just like you were at the airport upon departure and travel bag free back to the airport - OMG....this was an AWESOME perk traveling with 2 small children. Returned my rental car and breezed into the airport with just a tiny backpack on my back. Very pleased with the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge