“Yosemite Suite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #27 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My fiancé and I were staying at the Wilderness Lodge (WL) for a few days before our wedding in Winter Park, Florida. We had stayed at WL before and decided this time to book a room on the 7th floor, Club Level, to treat ourselves a little. The Club Level rooms are pretty much the same as the rest of the hotel, but you get food service throughout the day and very helpful concierge service as well.

Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by name upon exiting our car, our bags/car were taken care of, and we were personally escorted to the 7th floor to check in. Disney then shocked and amazed us by letting us know that they had upgraded us to the Vice Presidential, Yosemite Suite (YS). We couldn’t believe our good fortune as the room was definitely way out of price range!!!! It turned out to be amazing to get to enjoy such an amazing room at such a great Disney property in anticipation of our wedding.

The YS faces the pool/lake. The view is absolutely amazing, as the room as a wrap around porch, with access to the patio from both the living room and the dinning room. The room has a long entry way, which includes a second bathroom with toilet and sink, a large living room area, a small but certainly adequate dinning area (table for 4), a compact kitchenette area, a large bedroom with a large king bed, and a massive bathroom.

The bathroom opens up from the bedroom to the first section that has a large, beautiful claw tub, with two sinks, mirror, and counter space opposite. Further up is a walk in, rainfall shower, with a toilet opposite and there is a door that separates the shower and toilet from the rest of the bathroom and the bedroom. This is certainly the nicest room my wife and I have ever stayed in--and likely will ever stay in--and the service was outstanding.

The club level food was relatively basic, but well done snack type food. They seem to vary the food each day. Breakfast is sort of European style, with breads, butter, jams/jellies, cereals, milk, juice, some meats, maybe an egg dish, etc. We were in and out during lunch and dinner times but I remember they put out some homemade granola bars/smores items one day for lunch, and I think I recall chicken kebabs for dinner one day. Also, for dinner, they have some wine and beer and cheese as well, along with standard soft drinks/juices. They had hot cocoa throughout the day, complete with marshmallows, which my wife loved. I’m not sure any of the foods presented equaled a full meal but they were tasty and well put together.

As mentioned previously, booking a concierge level room gets you personalized concierge service to include prior to arrival. This proved very helpful to my fiancé and I, as they took care of some harder to get reservations for us and I believe they requested some great seats for us as well. For example, we were able to book the hard to get dessert fireworks party at Magic Kingdom and our seats were in the front row! We couldn’t believe how great the seats were and it was outstanding not to have to stand during the fireworks presentation.

We didn’t spend too much time at the pool but enjoyed both the waterslide (not just for kids!) and the Jacuzzi. The nightly boat show that comes through was dazzling. WL also has a pretty nice gym as well. It is not easy to find as it is nestled in the Villas part of the resort. Definitely ask for directions. There is a pretty good gift shop downstairs as well that has all the basic necessities.

Really the only downside to the hotel is that the restaurants are either a pricey sitdown (Artist Point) or not for adults (Whispering Canyon at night). However, the to-go café food was helpful and handy and we weren’t worried about the lack of “moderately priced adult food” as we were at Disney after all.

The last thing I will mention is WL has an outstanding connection to Magic Kingdom (MK) via boat, which is behind the property and has always been very efficient for my wife and I. We use it every stay, numerous times a day and there is no better way to get between WL and MK.

Thanks Disney for an absolutely outstanding and very memorial stay at the WL. It made our wedding week very special!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeffrey D
Write a ReviewReviews (3,619)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The whole Disney resort experience is smooth and easy from the minute you land at the airport. All Disney employees are focused on making everyone's trip enjoyable. This resort is beautiful, clean, and the rooms are comfortable and quite. The location is great, close to Magic Kingdom so you can take the ferry or the bus (the ferry is the quickest). Very happy with my stay, glad we chose this hotel.

3  Thank okdds
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Disney magic is abundant at this hotel. Welcoming staff and great service and the best reception area of any hotel, truly stunning.
We visited the flagship hotel, grand Floridian, and to be honest preferred Wilderness lodge as more casual and relaxed

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was our first visit, so we wanted to chose a hotel that was on Disney property. Wilderness Lodge is a great pick since it is on the bus system and a boat ride from Magic Kingdom. The staff were warm and helpful and the wilderness theme is well executed throughout the hotel. I would recommend it!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed on the concierge level and everyone was very friendly and the food was amazing. We enjoyed riding the boat to and from magic kingdom. The views of the lake is very pretty, however, you have to stand up to see the view since the wall is enclosed on all concierge level balconies. I recommend staying on concierge level, because it was nice to have the drinks and food when returning or before going to the park.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Absolutely loved this resort & so close to Disney! The resort is even more beautiful in real life and was more than we were expecting. Service and facility were 5 star and I would definitely recommend this resort & will be visiting it again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I took my twin daughters age 4 and my mom to the Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights on 9-25 to 9-30-13. We had a wonderful stay. I requested a courtyard view of the pool, geyser and lake. We had room 6127 with a beautiful view. The lobby is breathtaking, its gorgeous and the grounds are beautiful. The hotel and the outside areas are very easy to get around. We used the boat transportation most of the time and loved the walk to the boat. It is so peaceful and beautiful there that you think you are in the wilderness, you forget you're at Disney World. Our room was kept very clean and tidy for us by housekeeping. I definitely recommend this hotel, I will stay here again. Roaring Forks (quick dining) is small for the crowd and its confusing on where to order until you're there a day or two. Most of the workers were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 6127 had a beautiful view of the lake, pool and the geyser.