“Great stay with kids”

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #28 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed 8 nights at this hotel and we were happy. We stayed at the club level and were very happy with the service and the rooms. We took full advantage of the club level breakfast and snacks and really enjoyed how easy you can get to Magic Kingdom. Our boys enjoyed the Whispering Canyon restaurant but I think the Roaring Forks could improve. The pool was nice, and the movies at night on the beach were a hit. We also enjoyed the fact that the commute was better than the one at Animal Kingdom. We got a lot of good help from the concierge staff and they helped make our boys birthday magical. The laundry room facilities were great.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,621)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed 9 nights at this resort. We have stayed previously at Grand Floridian, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, and the Contemporary. We originally were planning to stay at a moderate this time, but saw all the rave reviews about this hotel, we decided to go with it. It was a huge disappointment. It looks exactly like a glorified Great Wolf Lodge, sans the indoor water park. The rooms are on the small side for a deluxe resort, in my opinion, and the bunk beds were so hard that my kids ages 13 and 8 couldn't sleep on them and had to request another room with 2 queen beds, which were comfortable. The quick service Roaring Forks is just terrible. Very small, not much selection, extremely overpriced. The pool was nice, but the waterslide was not a big deal. It actually didn't open until 10:00 a.m. and it closed early in the evening every day (the slide that is) and that didn't suit us as we would want to use the pool either early in the morning or later in the day. Whispering Canyon restaurant was no big deal either. The food was just average and the supposed funny goings-on were not at all that funny. The whole "ketchup" routine was extremely overrated. If a customer asks for it, the waiter(ress) yells "need ketchup!", and the folks who asked for it the last time bring over a few plastic bottles. Ho hum. Also, as they label themselves a "deluxe" resort, it does not have a deluxe feel. No little touches that the other deluxe resorts have. Long wait for buses, although plenty came along to go to Magic Kingdom, which to me didn't make much sense since you can get boat launch over. Cast members wer just ok, although housekeeping was very good (Devora was awesome). Will not return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ShariAnn2009
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Generally, very nice hotel with good amenities. One of the very few Disney properties at the Magic Kingdom without monorail service. Nice pool and good access by ferry and bus to the parks. Mediocre beach and typical food service options,not a lot to differentiate between this and every other Disney property in terms of food choices. Rooms are small, but serviceable and can be a bit noisy on the outside of the hotel, with service vehicles, staff coming and going etc. Overall, what you should expect at this price point for a Disney property.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a very nice Disney property. The hotel is HUGE, but the rooms are not. As a family of four we felt cramped in our room after exhausting days at the park. Also walls are thin, can hear everyone. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very nice. I agree with another person that the Epcot buses to this resort were limited. The grounds are really pretty and love you can take a boat easily to Magic Kingdom. Would I stay at this resort again, maybe...but I was hoping for a little more being it was one of the deluxe hotels.

3  Thank pinball59
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week with our 2 granddaughters and were asolutely overwhelmed with the beauty of this resort. The cast members (staff) were amazing, the guests were also pleasant ( my guess is that the cast members customer servce rubbed off onto the guests) , the restuarants from the bar and grill to the "whipering Canyon" were fabulous and they all gave you generous portions of food. I weighed myself upon return and I was up 5lbs so be careful...lol. Check in was easy and quick a real plus when traveling with children ages 6 and under. The hotel is designed to accomodate children and taps into their curious nature which for once was awesome. The rooms had plenty space we had bunk beds and a queen and did not feel crowded in the least. our room had a refrigirator which was great for chilling your water or storing other food perishables. The transportation to the connecting resorts and parks were very easy to use and figuring out bus, ferry and monorail schedules are simple-every 15-20 mins another one comes by. This is priceless especially if you have reservations for breakfast or dinner in one of the other disney resorts or parks. This was by far the best vacation we have ever had. Our only regret is that we did not get to spend more time at the resort. They have a ton of activities all day long but with our park schedules and character dinings it just wasn't possible. I think my spouse and I will make it a point to come back and stay... just the two of us to enjoy the resort amenities.

Room Tip: Request a room on the highest floor. Very scenic!
2  Thank JuBillionare
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel has all the amenities of the Disney Deluxe properties. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable. We love the sink being outside the commode and tub rooms for quick and easy wake up and bed time routines. The pools were comfortable and fun! There is a lot to enjoy here - a little beach, bike riding, boating, etc. The only thing to consider when staying here is that although this is a deluxe property, it does not have monorail service to Magic Kingdom and Epcot whereas the other deluxe properties do. We did wait almost 40 minutes for a boat to Magic Kingdom once which was unbelievable! The buses were hit or miss as far as timing goes. Overall, if I'm paying deluxe hotel pricing, I'd rather be closer to the parks so I'm not wasting time waiting for transport. On the other hand, if the parks are not a major priority and you're just there to do some theme parks and some other things, it's perfect - a little removed from all the theme park hub-bub.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I checked into the Lodge on Labor Day and stayed for the week. This is our 3rd visit to the Wilderness Lodge. I have always given my boys the choice of where to stay, and they always pick this one. We were again given a room upgrade to the woods view bunk bed room. The boys really like this, and it gives more space in the room. The rooms are above average size for a resort, and very clean. We were close to the bus transportation, and situated on the 3rd floor. I was met before I got in the door by a concierge. He had me checked in before we reached the desk. He took just a moment to retrieve my paperwork, and we were able to get into our room several hours earlier than the advertised check in time. The buses were timely, as were the boats. The complimentary drink refills with the mugs from the dining plan were much appreciated. The pool area was clean, and there were kids' activities all day long ranging from water sports to trivia. Prizes were given to all kids who participated. I really enjoyed the "towel art" provided by our housekeeping team all week. The whole property is beautiful! It's also nice because you can visit Ft. Wilderness for an evening campfire or movie, or to go horseback riding. I'm sure we will continue to stay at this property for years to come!

2  Thank international74