WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #34 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Had a fantastic time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This resort was truly amazing. We enjoyed it very much.
It was very cozy and very much 'Disney'. The pool area and lobby are beautiful.
The only thing we didn't like was the very long walk from the parking lot to the room.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fmDafna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Korean first
norwood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

First off this was the second time my wife and I stayed here and will stay again if we can afford it. The first time we had a room with a woods view. This happened to be a room on the bottom floor and not only a view of the wood but also a water runoff pool. We asked for a different room and were quickly moved to a villas, pool view on the 4th floor. Loved it. Beautiful view and quiet. This last time we had a courtyard view. This was of the lake and the main pool area. This is where I put the beware. While it is nice to look at and if you have kids you have the opportunity to watch them from your room, it gets a bit loud especially if you are near the outside food court. The combination of some of the spoiled kids wining,screaming and metal chairs being dragged on the concrete ,if your trying to sleep in a bit, good luck.

Room Tip: If you have no kids you may want to stay away from the main courtyard view and stick to the pool,vil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jeffvall94
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent a week at this beautiful resort this Feb. The hotel itself is gorgeous!! We stayed on the concierge level and LOVED it! We celebrated my daughter and husband's bdays there. When we arrived we had a darling chocolate tray waiting for us! Also bday balloons and an autographed picture of the characters in the parks! Such a fun surprise! The room was a good size and beds were super comfy! We loved the beautiful balcony and our view of the courtyard and pools! We had excellent service! The Old Faithful Lounge had yummy food! Breakfast was bagels/pastries, fruit and hot delicious oatmeal! Snacks later, then in the evening they put in a great spread! California rolls, venison chili, barbecue sandwiches, cheese and crackers, etc. later in they put out different cobblers, brownies and magic cookie bars (my favorite) We used the Magical Express and on our last day they even had our boarding passes printed and ready for us to take to the airport! We enjoyed watching the electric water parade at 935 pm from the beach at the resort! My little one loved the wading pool and had great fun making Disney friends there!! We were sad to leave and will DEFINITELY choose Wilderness Lodge again!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Brittandkell
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

No question about it, the resort location is awesome. I have 2 young kids so a great location is critical because you can get maximum value at the parks. We had an awesome time at the parks.

The hotel is pretty cool, especially the lobby, yet the rooms are a bit dated. As an example, and I know this is not a crucial point for a family vacation but the room had limited outlets for charging electronic devices. The rooms are a bit small but it definitely helps that they have a fridge.

The lobby is amazing and staff great. One night a bat was flying around the lobby, definitely the Wilderness lodge! All was fine and they chased it out.

Food at Disney is mediocre at best. Burgers and fries are the norm at parks. Everything else requires reservations at their restraunts to get anything different. The food at the WL Whispering Pine was ok, although the fun staff and ambiance help make it better.

I would recommend this place but only if you are getting a good rate, I would have been very upset if I paid $400+ per night. Then again, all about location....

Room Tip: stay somewhat close to elevators, otherwise it can be a long walk
1 Thank mike1011
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our family travels to Disney at least twice a year. This past November we stayed at Wilderness Lodge for our vacation and we were very happy with our choice. The lobby is amazing. The cast members and customer service are top notch. Our room was recently refurbished and beautiful. The beds were very comfy as well. My kids loved the pool, water slide and the geyser. The boat to MK and buses to to the other parks were very efficient. We also loved all 3 restaurants with Whispering Canyon Cafe being a family favorite. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nickay
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Wilderness Lodge. The staff is friendly, the rooms are a good size and very clean. The quick service restaurant, Roaring Forks, is convenient. The hotel restaurant, Whispering Canyon, has good food and great milkshakes. The Whispering Canyon can get a little loud, but that's part of the theme and it is fun for the kids. The pool area is nice and clean. We have stayed here several times over the past few years and always feel comfortable and welcome. The lodge has a very cozy feeling, and the room upgrades have made it even better. Housekeeping did a great job every day. One night I needed an extra washcloth. I called housekeeping and they came up to the room very shortly with an entire armload of washcloths and towels. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is a very nice experience, one of our favorite parts of staying at the lodge. The Lodge does seem to cater to young families with younger children which has been great for us, but as our kiddos grow we may explore some other Disney hotels. I feel staying on Disney property is very convenient, affordable, and only adds to the Disney vacation experience. I highly recommend this hotel, especially to families with young children.

3 Thank Becca927
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent 8 nights at this resort and loved it. Was put in a courtyard view on the 3rd floor - nothing spectacular, but I was paying a heavily reduced rate and I was able to check-in early, so I was happy. However, I was not happy when the bell-hop knocked on my door with our luggage in the middle of naps after I had specifically called them to say do not bring it up until I call them again. While my sons missed their nap after an early flight, I went down to complain to guest services and after some negotiating, I was comped one night at the full-rate, which covered almost two nights at my rate. That's one thing I love about Disney - they are not afraid to right a wrong! After that, the resort was just perfect. Easy boat ride over to Magic Kingdom (where we spent most of our time). We took the bus to Epcot twice, and it wasn't the most convenient thing in the world, but wasn't bad. If I was going to visit all parks, I would probably want to stay in a resort that is more centrally located. But for those more interested in Magic Kingdom, this place is perfect! Thank you Disney, we will be back.

1 Thank Luke C