We stayed here January 2013 after having stayed at the WL for our honeymoon in January 2012. It felt like coming home again to a place we both love.
We enjoyed this stay overall. The refurbishment was well received by me, but not by my husband who favored the more "woodsy" charm of the previous iteration. I enjoyed the clean, more modern approach to the wilderness theme.
We were impressed by customer service when we unexpectedly arrived at 3 a.m. the day we were due to check-in (it's a long story!). They offered us a room right then and there, but we declined in order to keep our requested room, the same one we shared on our honeymoon. It was amazing that they were willing to give us basically an extra free night and that in the end, we were able to have the same room as last time.
However, we experienced an issue with a Florida toll and we asked the front desk for some assistance. They were unable to offer any kind of help whatsoever. All we were looking for was some advice or a phone number we could call for outside help, but all we got was "I cannot help you with that." For a hotel that is charging $300 a night, I would have expected a little more help than that.
The room was clean, but small. We found the size adequate for a couple, but a family would be tripping over each other. Housekeeping was adequate, but there were times when the room was not cleaned until 1 pm or so. We like to take naps between park visits, so this was a problem for us.
Food was fine on site. Roaring Forks is small, but has some decent options. More than one cashier would be helpful as I had to wait in some long lines. The pin traders and store personnel were lots of fun to interact with. We probably traded 50 pins in the lobby!
The boat was reliable and fun. However, I do not understand why they send the smallest boats during peak times. Every time we went to MK in the morning, there were more people waiting than could fit on the boats. And one day was unseasonably cold--we are talking 30 degrees outside and we were on open water in a boat that was not enclosed. My ears felt like they were going to freeze off! Later that day, the enclosed boat was running but it was warmer by then!
All in all, it was very satisfactory for what we paid and expected. Even though there were issues to complain about, it is a very beautiful and charming resort. If you love MK, this is a perfectly located resort. We will return someday, which is the true testament to the quality of a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge