Such a great overall Disney experience for the three of us, and the Lodge played a big part in it - this is truly a great Disney property. If you plan on spending a good amount of time at the Magic Kingdom, then you really should consider this resort. You really can't beat the ease of getting to the Magic Kingdom using the Wilderness boat system.
The resort is beautifully maintained, and it does feel like a lodge in the Pacific Northwest. The staff was wonderful and cheerful - they went out of their way to greet every girl (and woman) like a princess. The pool area was great - a ton of lifeguards making sure everyone stayed safe, and a person who was conducting pool party activities for the kids.
Other good things about the resort include an upgraded room key system which allows you to use your room key all over any of the Disney properties. There are also tons of little areas where kids can chill - little rocking chairs in the main lobby where they can watch cartoons, a table of Lincoln logs in the restaurant, etc. And it seems like all of the staff are constantly handing out stickers - from the concierge, to the check in staff, to the bell stand - everyone was constantly handing my daughter stickers (which really keeps a 4 yr old in a good mood).
Things that could be improved were the size of the rooms (but let's be realistic, this is Disney and you're only going to be in the room so much). The resort also didn't have in-room movies (which we could have used one night), and the in room safe had an actual key (vs. a programmable code system). The food was okay, but pricey (again, this is Disney and mouse-shaped waffles inevitably will cost extra).
I've stayed at other Disney properties such as the the Contemporary, the Dolphin, and Coronado Springs before, but will definitely be coming back to the Wilderness Lodge for our next stay. No questions, this had been my best experience of all the Disney properties I've stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge