What is there to say that hasn't been said...
This lodge is beautiful, grand and most importantly welcoming. The staff strives to make the stay as comfortable and warm as possible. The lobby is massive and overflowing with character. Every time I walked through I would find something new to marvel at. I found myself taking the long way sometimes just to talk through the lobby.
I stayed on the pool side and didn't regret it even though it can get noisy at times. The rooms on the opposite side of each wing probably provide a more wilderness feel as you are looking out over pine trees instead of the courtyard area.
The pool area is very unique with a waterslide and plenty of room to swim. My only gripe with this is that the poolside bar closes far to early.
Trying to think of negatives to make this a more balanced review and I just can not. The only gripe I have and understand this is extreme nitpicking is that it is not serviced by the monorail. Having the monorail run through the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian is so convenient its a shame that they did not include the WL. This means guests have to take a boat to another area to catch the monorail or take the Disney bus to their destination. Again, this is the ony negative I have and it is really a non-issue since so many other transportation options are provided free of charge.
After staying in almost every Disney resort including the all of the big 6 this resort is quickly becoming my favorite and will be at the top of the list for my next trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge