“never disappointed!”

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #28 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i know you've heard it all...gorgeous inside, great food, beautiful pool..but does everyone recognize the staff? The staff at this hotel continues to be just wonderful - from the greeter who met us outside(!), to the front desk staff who provided restaurant help, to the wonderful waitress at Whispering Canyon who kept our 7 month old completely entertained, to the young woman at the pool bar...everyone and I mean everyone is helpful, friendly and sincerely nice. I dont think its fake at all!! Of course the hotel and its amenities are wonderful - my 22 yr old daughter and I took in a movie by the lake on a beautiful night, just an example! but the icing on the cake for this hotel....the staff!

Room Tip: we were on the backside of the hotel so it was nice and quite - no noise at all!!! It was also very...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lconner001
Write a ReviewReviews (3,618)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed at other deluxe Disney resorts including the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian, but the Wilderness Lodge is by far our favourite hotel on Disney property.
We had stayed at the Wilderness Lodge two times before so we knew what to expect. With every return trip we truly do feel like we are coming home..
We were very pleasantly surprised upon entering our room. The renovations that have been done make the room so much more comfortable. The updated shower with Disney characters, the plank flooring at the sink area, the new carpet where the beds are, the new duvet bedding and nicely coloured drapes. Great job!!!!
If you are considering this hotel, don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed.
We travel to Disneyworld every year and will definitely be returning again next year to make it our fourth visit!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just stayed at DWL for 5 nights, what a fantastic place, we tried to think of anything negative but couldn't at all. The place takes your breath away as you go in, the rooms aren't massive but then you're at Disney so why do you need a room other than to shower and sleep!

We had a bunk bed room, we didn't book that so it was a bonus, no view but who cares. The place is lively but they make you feel really special and everyone is happy. It may not be For older people with no kids, or sense of humour, but for us it was perfect.

We had the dining plan (only the normal one) and it was soo much food way more than you need, Mickey's back yard BBQ was brilliant although shocking amount of food there!

The transport was great, sometimes had to wait for a boat or bus but never long and if you don't want to wait then get a car, people who moan about this are expecting the impossible to have a bus waiting every time they want to go anywhere, of course I am sure it is different in the high season but that's the same with all the attractions and everything else.

All in all an outstanding trip, we are Disney'd up to our eye balls so now ready for a stay at a villa to chill out some. Can't recommend this place enough.

2  Thank neclemen
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just got back from another round at WL - fourth year in a row!! I have a previous review from 2009...

And this time - SPECTACULAR RENOVATIONS to the guest rooms - they look A-mazing - they have been updated with bright paint, new hard wood flooring in the entrance way and bathroom areas (hot button for me - I hate carpeting where you are wet) - new carpeting in the sleeping area, new TV's with more channels (FOOD CHANNEL right before sleep), great lighting. Upgraded toiletries. The bedding is Faimont/Westin quality - cozy up in a cocoon!! The mattress - I could sleep there forever!!

So if you have been there before, and have said it was dated (which I agreed for the last couple years) - GO BACK, you will be SO happy! Service - just for me as always accommodating - we went with our friends and got adjoining rooms which the two boys could BUNK up in the bunk beds overlooking the pool... Fabulous!!

Sharon, Cub's Den supervisor, is retiring after taking care of my boy for four years - she will be missed.

The Bounty Breakfast at Roaring Fork is great - always get what you need for the morning... A couple times they were a little stingy with the portions - but it depends on who is back there - I hope they read this and tell them to be more consistant.

The Lobby is always clean and the public restrooms are spotless...

If you stay there - we like to be in the wing closest to the boat launch - and down the elevator to the RF and it is inevitable that I do a load of laundry and it is right at that elevator - so we choose that one... It is the furthest from the buses - but we find it perfect for us to be close to food and boat.

Some things are really important to us: 1) 7 minute boat ride to MK, 2) the ride back from Epcot and Hollywood Studios and AK- we are the first drop off 3) Queen sized beds 4) the ambience for WL is where kids can be kids, 5) Pool bar - PINA COLAVA - and the pools now have been updated for special needs children - what a great idea!!! 6) At night, the boys go to the FIREPLACE on the sixt floor with the dads to review the day...

We have not tried any of the restaurants - we get the Dining Plan with 1TS, 1CS, and 1Snack, so we usually eat at EPCOT or Hollywood Studios....

Thank you WL for another MAGICAL stay!! We love you!!!

Room Tip: Boat launch wing is best for us - Roaring Fork, Laundry and the Boat Launch are 10 STEPS away!!!
8  Thank teamtraveler40
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and I was a little bit dubious as some reviews had mentioned building work that was taking place, we were upgraded to use the concierge service and the staff were amazingly helpful, We had the delux dining plan and so had dinner in The Artist Point restaurant, the food was outstanding as was the service. My hubby and children decided to go fishing from the hotel, the staff organised this for them, they had such fun they ending up going three times in all over the holiday, giving my husband a welcome break from fairy dust and mice x The hotel was extremely clean, there was some renovations taking place but we were placed in newly renovated rooms, the rooms were beautiful and so the renovations did not affect us. The staff put on entertainment around the pool which the kids loved. It is definitely worth using the boat transportation if you are visiting Magic Kingdom, the fireworks are lovely to see from the boat too. I can honestly say that I can not fault the hotel and we would definitely go back to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room, they are beautiful and very clean, be warned the balconys do have ch...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pinkfluffylove
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was my 7-yr old daughter's first trip to Disney, and other than a day at Epcot, mine, also. We arrived on the Magic Express from the airport and were immediately awestruck with the beauty of the lobby. We were greeted at the desk by a friendly clerk, and the only trouble we had was understanding his Hispanic accent, and finding the elevators, which were halfway down a wing and around a turn. The room was very comfortable and clean, on the first floor with a great view of the pool area. The TV channel selection was not great, only 2 Disney channels to interest kids, the rest was sports, news, etc. The facilities all worked and we enjoyed a great 7 day stay. A minor annoyance was that the room cleaning was finished anywhere between 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm. So when we got back from a morning at a park, we usually found the room not cleaned yet. One mention at the front desk, and they made a point of getting it done early. The maid, Juana, was very pleasant and delighted my daughter with a towel made up into an animal shape every day; as well as arranging my daughter's stuffed toys in poses, such as her bear reading a book to her Lalaloopsies. The pool with waterslide and hot tub were clean and not too crowded, and very, very nice. We spent 2 hours a day there.
When my eyeglasses lost a screw and a lens came out, the concierge managed to find a screwdriver kit with screws for me to repair them. When I needed minor medical attention, they had ready information as to a free shuttle to a nearby clinic which took my medical insurance.
The restaurants were great, the food fine.
Bus service sometimes was a 20-minute wait, so we had to plan ahead to get to the parks and to dinner reservations. But the staff everywhere were very friendly.
Kudos to AAA, who saved us nearly $700 on our trip expenses!
Definitely recommend the Lodge, and hoping to return again as soon as we can.

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here from 10/21-10/27. We fell in love the minute we walked into the lobby. The totem poles and the overall decor take your breath away. The boat service to Magic Kingdom was very convenient. We also never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. The busses did take a detour to Fort Wilderness or Grand Floridian depending on the park you were going to. But it didnt take too long to get where you were going. Whispering Canyon was amazing too. The food was pretty good. The chips at lunch were super good. Roaring Forks on the other hand....just get the baked goods. The breakfast was just not good. The service was the best! The front desk was very helpful and everytime I turbed around my kid had new stickers or a free pin. He got 4 free pins from cast members! I would definately go....now! Immediately! Run!