“Amazing stay!!”

Ranked #35 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Isanti, Minnesota
“Amazing stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough positive about our stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We stayed on the concierge level. Our room had been recently remodeled and it was beautiful. We had a woods view room and watched the fireworks nightly from our balcony. The concierge staff especially Bonnie went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed. We also noticed the manager up there several times which was a first and nice to see. We enjoyed the concierge offerings very much- just wish there was some protein at breakfast instead of all carbs. We celebrated my husbands birthday while we were there and I requested some balloons and we also received a white chocolate Donald Duck and a box made out of chocolate with mini assorted chocolates inside the chocolate box. Woah- thanks! The boats came quickly to go to the Magic Kingdom and the busses were satisfactory- sometimes had a little wait but it was ok. All I can say is amazing!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank travisanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
  • Korean first
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for six nights in late August and loved it! Nice newly renovated room with a queen bed and bunk beds (which were actually VERY comfy) and a balcony big enough for two chairs. Our 6th floor room overlooked the lobby and was convenient to everything. We took the boat to Magic Kingdom quite often which generally took 8-10 minutes. Bus transporation was okay, but half the time the bus also stopped at the Grand Floridian and/or the Polynesian Hotel, so it was a bit slow. We enjoyed eating at the Whispering Canyon Creek and Roaring Forks, and found everyone who worked there to be pleasant and gracious. We will definitely stay here again!

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We've stayed on property the last five times we've been to Disney, and we've stayed in lots of different hotels. I thought the Animal Kingdom Lodge was fantastic, but Disney keeps surprising me!

I absolutely loved WL. It was beautiful, luxurious and incredibly friendly without being at all stuffy. Let's face it, there aren't many five star hotels where you feel comfortable enough to go to the counter service restaurant in your jammies - but nobody at WL turned a hair when my girls did!

The rooms weren't huge but I don't expect huge rooms from Disney - we had a large double bed and a set of bunk beds (which admittedly were a little on the short side for my elder daughter), plus a table and two chairs, a large cupboard with a TV and drawers underneath and a large wardrobe with sliding doors. The bathroom had a low level bath (it came up to my knee and I'm 5' 2") with a shower over the top and a WC, with two handbasins with a large mirror outside the bathroom. The sliding patio doors looked onto a pleasant green area with a pond (see below for its occupants!). The room was comfortable, and as you don't really spend that much time in it anyway, I never find this a problem. Incidentally, the staff mentioned that the hotel was undergoing a refurbishment and the whole of one floor was closed for this purpose, but we didn't notice any noise or disruption from the work, which is apparently extensive.

The pool was very picturesque, starting as it does in the lobby of the hotel, with a great slide and at certain times of the day the staff had games and activities for the children, which moved into the lobby when it was wet. We seemed to have picked a wet couple of weeks, as there were lots of storms and lots of activities in the lobby!

The hotel was wonderfully convenient for the Magic Kingdom as the boat from the hotel took about ten minutes to get there. The boats ran for about an hour before the park opened and for about an hour after it closed. Most of the boats were small, seating about 40 people, but at busier times, there were larger boats to cope with the number of people wanting to travel. I've heard (from other reviewers) that the noise of the boat horns was disruptive, but although I heard them, I didn't find the sound intrusive.

We had the dining plan, which makes dining out at Disney so much easier. The Roaring Forks counter service restaurant was very pleasant, and there was plenty of seating outside. The food was tasty, though as we were there for two weeks, the menu was on a rota, so the same food came up on Tuesdays, etc. Not a problem for most people as many only stay one week! It would have been helpful to have some more choices for drinks as has been pointed out by other reviewers - I don't drinks soft drinks and I'm not a big coffee drinker, so the choices can be a little limited! The staff were very helpful, some of them going above and beyind to help (Kirk the concierge was a real star!).

In summary, I'd say if you can stay at Wilderness Lodge, do - it's a real treat!

Room Tip: We had room 1020, which was on the ground floor overlooking a peaceful looking pond(complete with it...
2 Thank AngelPawsCardiff
Harpster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been to Disney World 7 time now & this was the best yet! If your planning a trip todDisny World PLEEEAAAASSEEE do yourself the favore & STAY ON PROPERTY!!!!!! I know it looks tobe VERY xpensive but when you compair he price it REALLY IS A DEAL! As t has een said many times before DISNEY DOES EVERYTHING SOOO WELL! I've stayed at fort wilderness in 1973, stayed at PORT ORLEENS French Quarter both were Great but this was over the top & next time I think I'll be going to the FLORIDIAN! We also got the deluxe meal plan & wnt to many o the other resorts to eat & it saveus so much time & money & split our day up nicely so we weren't to tired to breath at the end f the day, as I have been oher times Ive been to DISNEY. Just to not have to drive out of the park at the end of the da s well worth the cost of staying on property. The Service as excellant AS ALWAYS! The food at all the reasterants & cafes in the Wildreness Lodge was second to none & the boat ride across the lake to the Magic Kingdom was like having a private ater taxi in Venice. My family felt like royalty! GREAT VACTION OF A LIFETIME!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in early August. The staff was friendly and helpful. the hotel itself was beautiful. the boat ride to the magic Kingdom was fun. The pool was open pretty much all day and night. Jumping in the pool after a night in the heat at the parks was a great treat for my family. The rooms were nice and clean, bu tnothing special. but we really did not spend much time in the rooms anyway.

One comment that I had for all of the Disney resorts. Why don't you have a healthy alternative to soda in the refill section of the quick service restaurants? No one in my family drinks soda or very sweet drinks. My young daughters were excited to get their cups as part of our dining plan, but when we went to fill them, there was no juice or milk choices, only soda, diet soda, or artificially sweetened lemonade. With the large number of children visiting, why can't there be a healthy option? We ended up having to buy drinks at every meal for this reason.

1 Thank the_walrus_from_pa
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived at WL on Aug 26 for a seven day stay. Magic Express to resort took about 30 mins. Check in was quick and room was readt upon arrival at 1:00 PM. 2nd floor room facing woods and away from lobby, good location. Room was recently reno'd , new plasma tv and beds RM 2004. Rooms aren't large but big enough for our family of three. The location within the Magic Kingdom is good. We rented a car for movement in between parks but used the boats to get to the MK park, about a 5-7 min ride with littleto no line ups to worry about. We really liked being in the MK. Restaurants were fair- good. We were on the meal plan doing breakfast on our own. Pool is small but fairly clean.

All in all a great stau due to location and how clean the resort is. We will definitely return!

1 Thank 3macphersons
Picayune, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of June 9, 2012. We were excited to try out a "deluxe" hotel. This place was completely unimpressive. Our room was dark and seemed small. My seven year old said the bed felt like sleeping on a piece of wood and I have to agree with him. These rooms were probably nice in the 90's but are definitely in need of a remodel. The lobby is really pretty, unfortunately you don't sleep in the lobby. The staff wasn't terrible but they certainly weren't great. When we arrived out front the man asked if we needed help with our bags and told us to pull up to the side and wait, after 15 minutes and watching him help two different people who arrived after us, I took the car and parked it while my husband carried our bags in himself. The buses to the parks were so slow and the boat was always packed and doesn't run in the rain. (and it rained a lot while we were there) The only restaurant we tried there was Artist Point which was good but the service was very, very, very slow, much slower than any other signature we dined at that week. They were also the least busty restaurant we dined at. The moderate hotels are just as nice and half the price. Don't waste your money on this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family