“Serenity in WDW” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
South Plainfield
“Serenity in WDW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a Honeymoon Room in the Wilderness Lodge and it was nothing short of incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a huge Grand Floridian fan, but due to the construction I opted to cancel our room there and book here instead. To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement! We were on the 7th floor with club level amenities, and the staff there are the nicest people I have met at ANY club level!!! Other than the cobbler and wine/beer we didn't partake in many of the lounge offerings so value wise, it didn't save us $$$, but the extra TLC was invaluable!

Our room was recently refurbished with a view of fireworks, Space Mountain, the Contemporary, and the Grand Floridian! Perfect! It was quiet, clean, and spacious.

The tub was a pain getting in and out, but this is my only gripe!

The grounds, pools, beach are beautiful. The boat to MK...PERFECT!

You can actually stay at the Lodge, and not go to the parks andhave plenty to do!!!

We will return there with our kids next year!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jeanette P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Korean first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at end of July and the hotel was great. There is loads of relevant information on other reviews, but I can highlight some of our reasons that we loved it.

Boat to Magic Kingdom, my daughter loved this and was excited to come back by boat at night, never a long wait and only a few minutes journey.

Hotel pool, great waterslide and activities all afternoon, followed by marshmallows on the beach then a movie on the beach.

This one sounds very boring but, they have a laundry just by the roaring fork, so you dont have a suitcase full of dirty clothes to take home, and youre not charged high high prices as you would in a European hotel.

Disney dining plan, first time we did this and would do it again.

Buses to other resorts, all from just outside the hotel and waited a maximum 20 minutes, great system.

Wifi! yes its free and we used for the ipad to keep up with emails.

Finally we had a woods view room on the 2nd floor, so overlooked the pond at the back where we would say hello to the local gator in the pond every morning, great rooms as well!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Dunk69
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my first Disney vacation ! I'd stay here again for sure. The busses sometimes took a bit to get there, but the veteran Disney people in our group says its the same everywhere. You can take a ferry to Magic Kingdom. The club level dining was expensive, but it was nice having food drinks& snacks all day

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank wiitravelots
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Impecable service, cleanliness and installations.
Linnens were new, rooms are comfortable, although not huge. Towels were new although not large size.
Staying inside Disney is always more pleasurable since you avoid the ram in the tram at the parking lots and you experience the extra hours.
Really enjoyed staying with family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fmattar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed Wilderness Lodge, room was comfortable, the pools were nice. We also watched the movie on the beach and the boat parade, these were fun. This was my third stay at Disney and each time we have stayed at a different resort . We have enjoyed each of them. My only complaint and this is for most resorts is the amount of time you have to spend waiting for transportation . It seems like they could improve on that.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank CWB98
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was our first trip to Disney World. We had such a wonderful vacation with our two teenagers. I don't know what the other resorts are like, but I can't imagine them any better than the Wilderness Lodge. The lodge had a lot of people staying there, but it was quiet and cozy. The staff was awesome and very helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank krsbmpbj
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I just got back from a week's vacation at the Wilderness Lodge, we stayed in the middle of July. My daughter is a part of Disney's vacation club so we used all of our points to stay there. This is my daughter's favorite place to stay in Florida. It is expensive if you don't belong to the club but it has a lot of perks. First of all, Bay Lake is right there at your fingertips with a small beach-(swimming is not allowed) but you can see the fireworks and the electric parade from the Magic Kingdom. You are only 10 minutes away, you can take a ferry or bus and be there in 10 minutes. The activities at the pool were a hit with my grandson, 11 years old. The rooms were clean and comfortable, coffee machine, microwave and small refridgerator were convenient. There are smaller pools around the grounds so if your not up to going to the main pool which gets very crowded, you have a choice. You are close to the Fort Wilderness where they have campfires, horseback riding, marshmallow roasts and all sorts of activities. This is basically a trailer resort, drive your RV in and camp out. The lodge is also close to Disney's Comtemporary Resort. There you can go fishing, parasailing or rent a boat. You can also rent a boat at the Wilderness or go fishing at the Fort Wilderness which is a small bus ride away for a fraction of the cost. We like this hotel because it's not as big as some of the deluxe hotels where you have to walk so far to get to your room after a long day in the parks. Everything is there for your enjoyment. If you don't spend much time at the hotel I would recommend the value resorts but bring your coffee machine with you. That is what I missed when travelling there but I brought a small one with no problem. The buses run every 10-15 minutes except for Downtown disney, you will wait at least a half an hour but it's worth going there. They have something for everyone there and admission is free, many places take the disney dining plan. Shopping and food, entertainment for a reasonable price. Disney Quest is a must for the kids, 5 floors of video games, good for a rainy day or just taking a break from the parks. I highly recommend staying there if your in the club, if not try the value resorts, comfortable, clean and fun

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that is not near the pool, when it's time to rest, you don't have the...