We just got back from our second week long stay at the Wilderness Lodge Resort (not Fort Wilderness, those are different). We stayed there for a week in June "09 and now in March/April '12. This is a great hotel. The lobby is FANTASIC, take some time to walk around it and check things out. The location is great, boats available to magic kingdom, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary and bus service to the other parks.
Here's what you need to know, this is a premium Disney resort, so you pay a little more, but you can get 2 queen beds or 1 queen and twin bunk beds. My kids LOVE the bunk bed options. And I think only Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom lodge have bunk bed options. Also it has 3 restaurants, two sit down and one cafeteria style. One of the sit downs is a rocking fun time for the family with good bbq, called the Whispering Canyon Cafe, the other a high end nice restaurant called Artists Point. The grounds of this resort are beautiful and very clean, early every morning, someone is outside by the main pool area (one with the geyser and the slide) power spraying the pool area. (Lots of birds and ducks make this resort their home.) Great for cleanliness, but if you were on the ground floor by the pool, you may hear this. We stayed once facing this pool area on floor 4, pretty high up, heard it a little but not enough to wake us up, this time we were in 6144, facing the pool side of the villas, very quite. You can NOT see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from this hotel, if you want that you will have to stay at the Contemporary, Polynesian or the Grand Floridian. This resort is wooded so the trees block them, plus it faces the other direction. Okay bus system, every bus stops either at Fort Wilderness or the Grand Floridian before going to the park you were trying to get to, factor in this extra 5 minutes into your planning. Animal Kingdom, took us an hour to get to one day, 20 minutes for the bus, 5 minute stop at Grand Floridian and 20 minute bus ride. On the way home, you generally get dropped off first, except for AK, you will go to Blizzard Beach first. We were there during spring break and it was pretty crowded, so once our maid didn't get to our room until after 5 and she did a very mediocre job. And once we came back and our room smelled very bad, almost like a skunk, but we didn't know why, opened the door and it went away quickly. We went to the front desk for a few things, and every time had wonderful service and got all our questions answered quickly. Jasmine in the Roaring Fork Cafe (counter service) was so patient and helpful in helping us figure what was a meal plan item for breakfast. She was wonderful and always had a smile on her face. Pool always had plenty of towels, which was nice. Hot tubs were hot but not overly hot, very relaxing. This hotel like all the disney hotels, is HUGE, long walk back and forth from the room, but after a day, we found a better door to go into and a short cut. Overall great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge