The Wilderness Lodge mimics a quaint Vail or Aspen mountain retreat.. and being from Colorado I finally felt relaxed and at home coming here after a hot and crowded day at the parks.. it was just the retreat and peace I needed with my 2 and 4 year old sons and husband.
From the second you come into view one of the hostess/ front desk employee greets you and walks you to the front desk to make sure you know where you are going.
The architecture and design might go unnoticed by some but they really took the time with handcarved totem poles, a frame windows -- a 100 foot tall fireplace.
The geyser that starts in the lobby and trickles down into the waterfall and then the pool is awesome!
We had a balcony overlooking the smaller pool and even during crowded times of the day my kids could nap because it's a very quiet resort. The Roaring Forks restaurant had much better food than most quick dining restaurants offer and they will pack it up to go for you if you want to eat in your room.
My kids really had fun at the real sand beach making castles and playing on the playground equipment. Transportation to Magic Kingdom is a breeze.. just a short boat ride away and buses are ample that go to the other parks.
I was hoping that they would have better coffee than the value resorts which is just awful.. Nescafe syrup style coffee.. but we at least had an in room coffee maker that was a bit better.
There's a parade and movie nightly for the kids and a waterslide in the big pool... so much to do at just the resort it was hard to make it to the parks :-)
If you want your stay to be a peaceful retreat where you can relax and have quiet after the parks this resort is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge