“Nice Hotel HORRIBLE STAFF”
Review of Eo Inn

Eo Inn
Ranked #229 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Nice Hotel HORRIBLE STAFF”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Well let me tell you about this joint!
The hotel itself has an EXCELLENT location. It is a quaint little boutique hotel with charm. All that aside, I would not stay there again if you paid me! The room was nice, when my wife went to take a shower, the drain backed up and she took a nice deep foot bath while showering. I called the front desk and requested to be moved to another room. The reply from the front desk clerk was, "I GUESS SO!" I was shocked and amazed. SO I tell the nice lady that I will come down and get the key while my wife packs up the room, she replies "OK!" I go to the front desk to retrieve the key and she is doing some kind of arts and crafts project. She nods towards the counter in front of her and there is the key and there is no further conversation. WOW... talk about the cold shoulder. SO, I give you 2 stars and THAT is a gift.

The area around the hotel is awesome....

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else.
Green Features: Who cares if the staff are rude folks! Green or not... it is irrelevant. This place would have gotten 4 stars if the staff had personalities!
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
eoinnspa, Guest Relations Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your experience while staying at our establishment and apologize that you felt you were treated poorly. It is very important to us that we make every guest feels welcome and "at home" at the Eo Inn & Spa. Your feedback will be very helpful and utilized involving this situation. We do hope that you will reconsider visiting us on your next visit to Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Glasgow, UK
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel occupies an excellent location right on picturesque Lake Eola and the nice Thornton Park neighbourhood.

Check in is through the spa reception at the back of the building, which may seem a little odd at first but was pretty painless for us.

Our room was plain but nice enough and more spacious than we expected from other reviews, with a balcony providing some outdoor space.

The balcony runs the length of the building so is was shared across the other rooms, however there are curtains which can divide this of should you want to spend time out there in private.

There is an outdoor hot tub, wifi, parking and a Panera Bread bakery downstairs for those of you who like a pastry, coffee, soup, sandwich etc! Very handy for breakfast.

Its a slightly confusing set up with the layout of common areas and rooms i.e. treatment and bedrooms next to each other. No massive deal though.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eddie C, Guest Relations Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you had a nice stay and enjoyed our great balcony, hot tub and convenient location! We hope to have you come back and stay with us again soon!
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel was very nice for relaxing vacations. I especially enjoyed staff friendliness and the pleasant surroundings of Lake Eola.
My room was on the street side, with no balcony, so I assume it would qualify as "small" and "noisy" according to some other reviews. I personally would not deem it small though, and it certainly was comfortable for a fortnight stay. Noise could sometimes be heard in the morning (I was mostly out during the rest of the day so I couldn't account for more) but it was not too bad.
Having Panera in the same building made it easy for breakfast.
I would certainly consider staying there again should I come back to Orlando.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Olivier G
eoinnspa, Guest Relations Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take in the beauty of Lake Eola. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Wow. I stayed here over the weekend. The staff is friendly and its a nice boutique hotel. Clean safe and right in a great area. I occasionally visit Orlando and EO Inn will be my go to hotel. I saw so many not picks and nags about this hotel and was worried of what I got into. But I'm glad I didn't listen to the negative comments. See you guys in the future. Thanks for a great stay at your hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Tommy S
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are glad you looked passed some the poor comments and gave us a try for yourself…we so appreciate the review and your honesty! Hope to see you again soon.
Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is very cute and has the potential to be great, but there are a few things that need to change for that to happen. My friend and I wanted to book the room with 2 queen beds (the ONLY room with 2 beds in the hotel) so we called and spoke with a woman (I wish I remembered her name) who reserved this room for us. We expected to be charged $160 for it as listed on the website but she said "It's showing up as $110 so I'll charge you that". We were ecstatic and thought we had a great deal. When we checked in we were given a small room with 1 queen bed (Room 210). We told them we reserved the 2 bed room and were told that it was already taken. Come to find out the woman who took our reservation on the phone DIDN'T reserve the right room for us which also explains why the price was so low. So because of this woman's mistake we didn't get the room we "reserved" and were extremely disappointed because we chose this hotel to be able to have a large room w/2 beds. The young man at the front desk tried to be as helpful as he could but had to talk with the general manager who ultimately decided to give us a 2nd room for free so we would ultimately have 2 beds to sleep in. This was a nice accommodation except the rooms were on different floors and VERY different. The GM also made a point to say "that room would have never been $110". That was an unnecessary comment as we were planning on paying the full price for it had it not been for his employees mistake.

Rm 210 is small and somewhat dirty and old and I would not recommend it to anyone. However the other room we got was 304 and it was a larger room with a balcony (shared with other rooms). If you stay here you should get a room with a balcony because I think the other rooms will be too small. I would not stay here again UNLESS I got a room with a balcony.

There is a small private parking lot at the hotel which is great since finding parking near lake eola can be difficult.

Overall, I think this is a very cute hotel and would consider staying here again. But I would double and triple check my reservation to make sure that it's correct since some people cannot do their job correctly which then impacts other people's plans.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony because they are larger
Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank princesszha
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of your time at The EO Inn and Spa. We do extend our apologies once again for the mix up and hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is quite a unique little spot. A quintessential boutique hotel, my room was directly above Panera Bread (a bit weird but NO noise problems). Having said that, it was quite convenient for breakfast. Room had a large balcony and a spacious bath with tub/shower in the center. In walking distance from a lot of trendy eateries. Staff was pleasant like staying in a bed & breakfast. A good choice overall. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get the room above Panera Bread it has a good view of park and a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Donn D
The EO Inn and Spa is indeed a unique spot and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit. Thank you so much for sharing your impressions of our property and the service you received from our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Needing a place near a certain downtown location led me to this unusual small hotel & spa in downtown orlando. We stayed in the king balcony for $150/night taking advantage of early booking. Just outside our room and from the window was Lake Eo with tons of local people and activities and downstairs was Panera with yummy smells, breads & other savory goodies. The room was an office/sleeping room with a luxurious soaker tub. Huge windows & glass doors brought the outside in - I waked at 3 AM to the distant sound of someone playing a piano - I'd left the French door to balcony open - was other worldly. Highly recommend the spa - they were on time, professional and the whole place was clean had a eucalyptus scent! Hot tub outside in rooftop garden! Great & interesting find in downtown Orlando.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnneofNaples
We’re truly thankful that you chose to visit our property and that our location, accommodations and amenities were to your liking. We will be certain to share your feedback with our team and we hope to welcome you back for another stay soon.