“Tip for housekeeping, buy a mop”
Review of Eo Inn

Eo Inn
Ranked #228 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was by far the dirtiest hotel room in which I have stayed in my life. Obviously, the bathroom floor had not been mopped in a very long time and was dirty, stained and had hair stuck to the floor (and not my hair). Even my shoes stuck to the bathroom floor. There was some kind of orange/red grime all around the bathroom door jam, especially on the top, stains on the bed skirt, even the ceiling was dirty. Take my advice and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and can assure all of our guests the utmost satisfaction while staying at our hotel. We hope you were at least able to change rooms upon request or perhaps ask our front desk to take care of any issues you may have had with your room. If you did, then we can only assume that you were redirected to a more satisfying environment.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Eo Inn is our "go to" place when visiting Orlando over the last couple of years. We LOVE the location and the beautiful, comfortable rooms at the Eo and it is a special boutique hotel with excellent staff. Everything we could wish for is within walking distance for restaurants, bars, walking, exploring and people-watching. We lived in the area for over 20 years and love exploring our former hometown. We recommend booking the Queen Balcony rooms as they are wonderfully secluded and quiet with a nice area on the balcony for morning coffee and paper and evening cocktails. We have recommended the Eo Inn to family and friends who have also had great stays. The Queen rooms are well laid out, have all the necessities and are immaculately clean upon check in and then during our stays.

Room Tip: Queen rooms with balcony are exceptional for couples or singles.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review on TA! WE are glad to be your "favorite" hotel in Orlando...that is a big statement and we so appreciate the comments! We hope you come back again soon and enjoy more of our beautiful area!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Charming/quaint hotel. Request a non-street facing room. The windows are not double-pane and therefore every noise, from cars to voices, are heard from the street. And it's a busy street too. One of the worst nights sleep I have had in a very long time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gary1381
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are a downtown hotel and with being downtown comes some noise from time to time. We are glad you thought it was a quaint hotel to stay at. Hope you will try us again sometime! Thanks!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stay in hotels several times a month for work and have seen it all, but this was the worst experience I have ever had. mostly due to HOTELS.COM

(1) the access to the hotel was blocked by police barricades due to a street fair that took place during my entire stay there. It took 2 hours to get into the hotel and out of the hotel because a police escort was required for cars to go in an out of the closed streets around the hotel (2) When we finally arrived, they had no record of my reservation and we had to sit in the lobby for 45 minutes while they sorted that out. (3) when they gave us a room, the walls were stained and smelled.The bed was a full size not queen. (4) I had to change rooms 3 times because they did not have any other rooms available the whole stay without moving us. This meant I had to pack, go downstairs, change keys, go upstairs and unpack everyday during my stay. (5) the street fair was loud 7am-11pm each night. (6) could not leave the hotel by car without the police to open up the barricades, stop people and escort us out. (7) the SPCA had 50+ dogs in cages outside my window barking outside my window at 8am on saturday and sunday morning (8) I called to see if I could change hotels before I settled in and on the 2nd day and was given a minimal credit to use on a future stay but promised that they would follow up with the hotel if I stayed to get a refund for me. I called hotes.com back 4 times but the promise to contact the hotel never happened.

hotels.com had blocke d my ability to write a review on their site so I am posting it here

Room Tip: do not book through hotels.com
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkBuffalo
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Firstly, it's all about location. The Eo Inn is central to the part of downtown Orlando you would like to see. Lots of good eateries, next to the park and Lake Eola, easy to get to Church Street and the Amway center, any area that has been rejuventated recently.

We had an enormous corner room, with nice beds and a llving area with easy chairs and a big coffee table. The property is definitely older, but everything was nicely presented and worked. The bathroom was purely functional, so those who seem to spend 18 hours a day in there instead of enjoying the area may be a tad disappointed, but it was fine.

The only "odd" observation was the adjoining Panera Bread property appeared to cater to some of the local itinerants who would otherwise be sleeping on park benches. It really wasn't an issue, but don't be surprised if you encounter it in the Panera Bread.

The Inn also has basic central facilities, the front desk closes after about 8pm, so if you need anyhting you need to plan ahead or phone someone, again not a problem. There are beverage facilities in the reception area if you need them.

A great property for when you get fed up of falling victim to the anonymous drudgery of the major hotel chains.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thanks so much for the nice review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased you found our rooms comfortable and spacious, we have worked hard to keep everything updated and glad you noticed! Please fan us on Facebook and stay with us again the next time you need an Orlando Night Out!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The location in downtown Orlando is wonderful. Right near the lake and lots of little places that would be fun to check out or eat in. The biggest draw that the hotel has is it's location. There are a few downsides to the hotel that I experienced:
*Parking, although there are passes, is limited. I was concerned about being blocked in or even not getting a spot when I returned for the evening.
*The rooms are small and you would not want to spend much downtime in them. I slept great, but the room felt dark and cramped.
*My bathroom was tiny. The shower made me wish I packed shower shoes and there was barely any place to put my contact solution, toothbrush, etc on the counter- let alone two peoples stuff. The toilet also kept running and had to be fixed each time it was flushed.
*You could hear the people walking around in the room above us. If you want to stay here, request the third floor!
*Lake Eola is nice to walk around, but the number of homeless people and general sketchy people made me think twice about going out that night.

Room Tip: Try and request the third floor so you don't hear your neighbors above you!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashbamf221
Reviewed March 8, 2012

EO INN and SPA is a great find!!!

We are local, and we have stayed here a few times just for a night away- "Our Mini Mid Week Vacation"...Helps with the stresses of life sometimes! :-)

4th of July we stayed in a suite that faced Lake Eola for the fireworks! AMAZING VIEW WITHOUT THE CROWDS!!!

We've gone for a night of couples massages and dinner!

The front desk staff is amazing! Super friendly and well educated about the area!

Spa staff are FANTASTIC!!! One of the best massages I have ever had! The spa area is clean, relaxing and well kept!

The rooms are clean. The decor is updated.

I have recommended to several co-workers and friends!!!

We will be booking our suite again for July 4th this year!!!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the suite that faces Lake Eola!!!! Great view, great tub!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yanksgirlinfl
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and massages! Can't wait to see you over the 4th of July! Please fan us on Facebook too~ Thanks!