May 17-21st. 2007 - Our sixth trip to WDW in a year(20 overall) - we've stayed in nearly every resort on property and this is the first Deluxe we would not recommend. A few quirks add up to a not so deluxe hotel.
At the Poly, guests and castmembers alike greet each other warmly, a nice Aloha, almost like family. At the Beach club it was an entirely different feel: stuffy, pretentious people everywhere. If all your clothing has an IZOD gator logo on it, you always turn your collars up, and you greet your guests with a "Dahhrliiing its been so longggg" with a couple of "air-kisses" thrown in for good measure then this is the place for you...
The much bragged about pool was okay - hardly a "miniature water park" as one site listed it. Nice but again other resorts have equally nice pools.
No food court for breakfast - just a small selection of muffins and one hot entree in the gift shop.
The bathrooms at this resort were smaller and more cramped than those at the moderates, and we were in a deluxe room. No privacy at the sinks from the rest of the room ( again the moderates offer a door or curtain to separate the bathroom area from the rest of the room.
Pluses: Super close to EPCOT - literally a few hundred yards from the corner of the property, and close to Boardwalk, A fun pool for the kids, but again not the only one on WDW property.
For the cost involved and considering all aspects, cleanliness, closeness to the parks, resort amenities, staff friendliness, and professionalism and food availability. I would have to go with a thumbs down on this one. If you're looking for a good moderate I recommend the Port Orleans French Quarter, top of the line. And for Deluxe - nothing beats the Polynesian considering all criteria listed above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort