“Beach Club is AWESOME!”

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Ranked #51 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We were just at the Beach Club from 6/3 - 6/10. We are huge Disney fans and have really enjoyed stays at The Wilderness Lodge and Old Key West, but this place was fantastic! It was a large room with super-comfortable beds, clean, comfy linens, fantastic views, quiet rooms, beautiful grounds, enjoyable pools, easy walk to Epcot, nice boat ride to Hollywood Studios, convenient walk to bus stop for Magic and Animal Kingdoms. Our daughters loved the movies on the beach and playing in all that soft sand both at the pool and on the beach. They especially loved the sinking sand area in the pool and spent hours playing there. We had a reservation for a standard room, and we ended up on the 2nd floor with a view of a quiet pool. The main pool and the quiet pools were both fun, beautiful and clean. Lobby has wonderful scent as you walk in from outside. We enjoyed Hurricane Hannah's quick service food as well as Cape May Cafe for a nice buffet. We would love to stay here again in the future! Our thanks to our housekeeper Stephanie who kept our room very clean and left us a really cool towel monkey among other towel animals.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 11, 2010

the Beach club was a very nice place to stay, easy transportation to all the parks, and also downtown disney!! The staff was very friendly and nice, we were suprised to be up graded, a pleasant trip became even better. The pool was great it had a sand bottom, life guards seemed to be all over which was a plus, heated too! Cape May is a must with the kids, Beaches and cream, a 50's style soda/food shop... cool.
All in all the experience was excellent... but as we all know if you stay on grounds and eat there too it can be pricey .... There are cheaper places to eat off grounds , McD's...etc,.... cross roads intersection... As for me and my family , we mixed it up....so every thing worked out well..... remember your on vaction...enjoy... and what better place than DISNEY WITH YOUR FAMILY!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed at the Beach Club Resort May 28-June 3, 2010 and couldn't have been happier. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way for us. The pools were fantastic, fun and children oriented. The food all over Disney is good and we used the meal plan (GREAT THING FOR FIRST TIMERS!!). Shopping was great and the parks were so much fun. We can't wait to come back and visit. We walked right over to the Boardwalk and enjoyed that area alot (nice and quiet without crowds.) Great transportation by boat and shuttle and walking to Epcot takes less then 10 minutes from the Resort. LOTS OF FUN IN DISNEY!!!! I miss it already and I am planning our next trip to the Beach Club for next year. My family and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed at the Beach Club between May 12-20 (8 nights) and were very impressed by the hotel. First off - for those of you who are budget conscious, the deluxe hotels are not for you. They are all expensive. We were lucky enough to get 40% off when we booked in February. That enabled us to stay. Our room which was normally $500 a night was $285. You pay for the location and the ammenedies.

We have 2 small children aged 3 (almost 4) and 11 months old. We knew we had to stay at a resort that was close to all of the action, had a large room to accomodate our crib and have lots of stuff at the resort itself to do after the parks.

There is no other hotel around Disney that offers as many great things. First off the rooms, very large and spaceous. We paid the extra to have a pool/water view. We were on the 2nd floor which meant we got a huge balcony. If you are on the 1st floor you get a patio, 2nd floor nice balcony. 3rd and 4th floors don't get much other than a little platform to stand out on. We had 2 queen size beds in our room. They were seperated by a wall, where we put our crib. It had 2 double sinks then a door to the bathroom. Lots of room for a couple kids to play around in, much different from the crampt confinds of the econo or even moderate resorts. We had a fridge and microwafe with is essencial for heating up baby food etc. I have heard some people say certain parts of the rooms or halls etc needed updating but I walked the whole hotel about 50 times and did not notice anything that looked worn or outdated. Some people will always be picky. Beds were very comfortable and we could not hear our neighbours beside or on top of us, contrary to other people's reviews.

The heating / ac worked great, no complaints about the room. Housekeeping was good, nothing out of the ordinary there. The restaurants were great, but we were very happy to be on the Disney Dining plan. Any restaurant either at the hotel or at the parks for the 3 of us (2 adults, one child) was $40 for lunch and at least $85 for supper. The dining plan saved us huge. The character breakfast at Cape Mae's was great, but again - $82 for breakfast (if you had to pay for it) OUCH!

Only complaint - the food quality at Beaches & Cream Ice Cream Parlour. Don't get me wrong, the ice cream was good, but their "famous" burgers were nothing special. The restaurant is extremely small. 2 booths and maybe 6 tables total, very small so if you go during a peak time you would wait forever to get seated.

Cape Mae's buffet for b-fast and supper was good. Great mix of food. Also ate at the Captain's Grille - great steak and chicken. Did have a reservation for the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but we skipped it (too formal for a 1yr old) and had a character supper at Epcot instead.

Pool - just like everyone else said - this was the selling point. No other resort in the world has a pool like the beach club. It is not all one large pool, rather a few pools all close together, seperated by a wall at best. They have a deeper tubing secion like a lazy river, other rapids areas where they have the jets turned up to take you round and round till your dizzy, areas with waterfalls and best of all for little kids - a 80x80ft or maybe bigger area that is only 2ft deep where they can play in the sand and run through the water. Everything is sand, its amazing. They keep the pool at I'd say 90 degrees, its bath water, which makes swimming at night amazing. There are lots of ducks and baby ducts that make the pool their home, so it feels as if you were swimming in a lake or ocean. There are also lifeguards every 20 feet or so which is very reassuring. The own downside when we were there, the main waterslide was closed, they were fixing it.

They had movies on the beach every night for the kids and a campfire where you could roast marshmellows, very cool.

Lots of souveneer stores between the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. We purchased cereal, oj, cinnimon buns at our store so we didn't have to pay for breakfast every day. One of the other great things is that you can pay $14 for a refillable mug which you can use at the resort for your whole trip, so unlimtied pop, lemonade, coffee, tea etc. That really came in handy.

The resort is right on crescent lake, which means you can rent boats if that's your thing. We took a 21ft pontoon boat out for 90 minutes ($95) and had a blast. Took it around the lake, and down the 1.5mile straight to Hollywood Studios.

Location - you are steps away from Epcot, less than a 5 minute walk, 5 minutes to the other side of the lake (Disney's Boardwalk). 10 minute boat ride to Hollywood Studios, 15 minute bus to Animal Kingtom. When it comes to the Magic Kingdom its 15 minutes by bus or maybe 20 or so by monorail. We far preferred walking into epcot and taking the monorail. It is such a pain to fold up double strollers and fight your way onto a bus. The monorail made it so much easier.

We would definitley return to the Beach Club, as long as we booked at a "special" rate. For our situation having young kids the location and what they had to offer was far superior to other resorts. If anyone has any questions please give me a shout!!

4  Thank rgrs7
Reviewed May 21, 2010

FAMILIES BEWARE..NORWALK VIRUS. Well our first family vacation...Things got off to a pretty good start. We were looking forward to staying at the Disney Beach Club.
Growing up my Mom had taken us almost every year to the Polynesian Resort, and a few years ago I had gone with an Aunt of mine to the Disney Beach Club. So I knew where I wanted to stay with my own young children when we planned our trip to see Mickey Mouse for their first time.

Well we had a seven night stay, we took the magical express and I was slightly annoyed with that, but I thought if that's the worst thing that could happen than, I'll get over it. Boy was I wrong... can you say Norwalk/Norovirus, yeah both my husband and daughter got extremely sick, so from Tuesday - Friday vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, also my ten month old got a touch of it too. And then on Saturday we left at 7am, so most of the trip was ruined. The most troubling thing with the whole Norwalk virus is I found out from the cast coordinator and from the lifeguard at disney BC, that most of the cast members (staff) in rec, housekeeping and DINING services have/had been sick with the same virus.

My family and I never left disney property, we had their meal plan, so we eat all of our meals there and my family difinitely picked up the NORWALK VIRUS from DISNEY BEACH CLUB. Hotel staff was calling the illness the flu, but this is not flu. Doctor came to check my daughter and doctor said people refer the illness as the stomach flu. The whole latter half of the week was a nightmare. And in retrospect, from beginning to end several different times through out...vomit was everywhere, at the parks, out at the hotel pool (staff calls it Mickey Poo), over at the Boardwalk (at the Big River restuarant) and of course in our hotel room.
Oh when we checked in our bed comforter was dirty, and it looked like there was a period stain on it. Not sure if that's what it was or not. But that was gross.

Another thing Disney food is horrible, especially Magic Kingdom. There are a few exceptions to finding some decent food like Animal Kingdom, some places in epcot, and we got really good food at the character buffets, but that is it. Good luck finding good/healthy food especially with small children.

Disney prides themselves on celebration...I constantly told them this was my kids first visit. Never got the 1st visit pin. This is small potatoes compared to the virus though.
Have a magical day...aghhh, yeah right!!!!

One question, why would honeymooners ever want to take their honeymoon there? I can think of a million other places to vacation than listen to screaming children on my honeymoon.

One other thing the Dept of Public Health has been notified...So if you get sick please report it. Dept Of Public Health has been told about the virus, they have also been told about the ducks swimming in the pools, which can you say e-coli (nasty). Also there was a county that was just over an hour away from Disney where they has to shut down the schools due to Norwalk virus.

7  Thank jen41717
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My family has just returned from our 2 night stay in mid May. We were greeted with smiles from everyone when we arrived! (First big tip: go during off season!) We were immediately escorted to our room, witch they upgraded to a suite before we even checked in (Second tip: spend the extra for the club level, worth every penny and more) and then escorted to the 5th floor concierge level desk to go over our itinerary. The concierge level had the nicest employees and delicious snacks and drinks! The pool exceeded our expectations, our 4 and 6 year old children never wanted to get out. The pool was so clean (even with the sand) and fun!
This is a hotel that I would recommend to anyone staying at Disney, easy access to transportation, great customer service, great recreational activities and great food, what more could you ask for!!

Reviewed May 18, 2010

My family just stayed for the first time at the Beach Club- concierge level. This was our first Disney trip with our daughter (6 months old) and we had the most wonderful time!
THE ROOMS-
Well, just like most Disney rooms, this was nice but nothing special. I really wish that Disney would do some major updates that really would set their rooms apart from off-property competitors. I love staying on property, but unless you stay where a monorail runs, off property (Disney-affiliated) resorts are MUCH less expensive and still have bus transport and magic hours. This makes spending $350+ per night difficult to swallow. They did bring us a pack and play for free-- and this was a wonderful "extra".
CONCIERGE-
We loved the concierge lounge for breakfast and late night snacks/drinks. We really didn't have time to stop in any other time. Top quality everything! I asked for a bottle water and they brought me evian! WOW. We did not use the concierge services, because we have been to Disney so much--we planned ahead.
However- we decided these little extras did not compensate for the extra $$ to stay there.
STAFF-
Everyone was great with the exception of one customer service man. We accidentally arrived 1 day earlier (booked w Expedia and made a mistake) and instead of "magically" helping us with a room, he was demeaning and somewhat chastising about my mistake. For heavens sake- we are on vacation (not to mention a 10+ hr drive with a baby)--please be pleasant and helpful! Other than that- the staff was amazing. We got to meet "Grandma America" a very sweet woman that worked on the concierge floor who was known to her grandchildren overseas as Grandma America. :)

LOCATION-
If you are going to Epcot, you cannot beat this location! It is located on the Boardwalk and is very convenient to several restaurants. You take the bus to Disney or Animal Kingdom. You can walk to Epcot and take a boat to Hollywood Studios.

POOL- Awesome pool! We did not use it, but gosh it looked so nice and so fun! Everyone was having a blast. it was HUGE. I thought it was neat that it had a sand bottom. I can understand why everyone thinks this pool is the best.

All in all- great hotel, but is too expensive. We could have stayed at the Ritz or the Waldorf for less! They both have a shuttle to Disney with magic hours. I think we may try an "off property" hotel or a resort with the monorail next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family