I reviewed practically every spot in Disney before we settled on the beach club. We stayed ended up here b/c we wanted to take advantage of the "Buy 4 get 3 Free" deal, and were able to book a 1 bedroom villa at a really good price. I understand the common complaint about a counter service restaurant, I guess, but there are probably 15 places to eat within a 10 minute walk (including the Boardwalk), and there is counter service by the pool, so I wouldn't necessarily agree that this is a major issue. There is also plenty to eat in the gift shop/eatery.
We have a 4 year old and 1.5 year old. We LOVED the hotel. It was exactly what we had hoped, and I cannot recommend it enough. We definitely benefited from going during a REALLY slow time; we took the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and were the only ones onboard. The pool is awesome, my 4 year old liked the slide better than anything else we did all week, parks included. The pool area is awesome. The villa was perfect, we needed something like that so we could put the baby to bed and still be able to watch TV or hang out without worrying about waking her. We ordered groceries from Gardengrocer.com and the service was great. Food was there 30 minutes after we arrived. Having a full kitchen was a great luxury, especially being able to have breakfast each day in the room before heading out to the parks.
Proximity to Epcot is as close as can be, Hollywood Studios is about 5 minutes by boat. Magic Kingdom was easy. On the last day (11/21) we went to Animal Kingdom, also pretty easy by bus.
Some thoughts......Stay away from the ESPN Zone (at Boardwalk) for a meal unless you like really bad food in an absurdly loud atmosphere, or you have to watch a game......Flying Fish was good (at Boardwalk), pricey but nice....Ate at the hotel buffet twice, did the Character Breakfast one morning and it was great, also did the Seafood Buffet and that was great also....if you have a "princess" in the group, book a meal in Norway at the castle. It's the only place in all of Disney where you can eat with almost all the princesses, but it books up fast, DON'T wait until you get there.....we ate at 1900 Park at the Grand Floridian and found the food to be poor, though my daughter liked the interaction with Cinderella.....
We CANNOT WAIT to go back. If you are hesitating to book something, or are not sure if this is the place, trust me when I say that it's as good as it gets. The only downside, if it is a downside, is that you may share a bus to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Otherwise, there are no negatives. We kept track of a lot of info, like where we ate, etc...so feel free to contact me if you have questions. I can't post everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort