Just go back from a five date visit to WDW with the family. Three sons ages 22, 20 and 17. We stayed at the Disney Beach Club Resort. The good, the bad and ugly is:
-Location!!!!-you will walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Unless you are disabled, Epcot is a breeze to walk to for dinner or whatever. Hollywood Studios is a little farther, and the water taxi is a short hop, but the walk is very pleasant and walking is faster than the water taxi.
-Pool-the pool is very nice and my adult/teenage kids loved it. If you have little kids, they have a seperate zero depth pool.
-Rooms-they are very nice, clean, well decorated....blah blah blah. The downstairs marketplace is good for all manner of drinks and snacks.
-Deluxe Meal Plan-don't leave home without it!!!!! It works well and is well worth it.
-Meal plan-they have got to get a better check system. Using the meal plan is a little frustrating. Alcohol and the tip are not on the plan. So you still have paperwork and math at the end. The paperwork is a mess and you are always left thinking that you over tipped or made a mistake on the bill. The transactions with the waiters are painful. But, the meal plan is an absolute must!!!
-Magic bands-they work well for fast pass, but they still have a few wrinkles to work out. They will soon be as cool and they should be.
All is all it was a good trip. The Disney Beach Club was nice. Next time, I'd try the Disney Yacht Club next door, its a little more mature and sedate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort