“Great place to stay for families. Awesome pool/amenities”

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Ranked #51 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Miramar, Florida
“Great place to stay for families. Awesome pool/amenities”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Pros-spacious rooms with two queen beds and a pull-put sofa, clean rooms, smells like the beach when you walk in, awesome pool with great slides and mini water park, good restaurants (a bit pricey, but Beaches and Cream restaurant had good food at a good price), buses and boat transportation (but no monorail), walking distance to Epcot/boardwalk/other Disney hotels, & good customer service.

Cons-it can be pricey, not too many restaurants or food choices, & the transportation system can be time consuming (but it saves you on gas if you drove there)

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank kcuest01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I had high expectations for this hotel. With a regular rate of $400/night, I don't think that I was wrong in thinking that I would be impressed and blown away. Thankfully, I got a special rate of $190/night because of a conference.

Check-in was easy. The front desk staff person was very friendly. We received our Magic Bands and had no problems with using them to unlock our room or to charge items to our account.

The room had two double beds and was larger than a standard hotel room. There was a desk with a desk chair, but other than that, our room had no other seating, though there was ample space for at least an armchair. Beds were OK; too soft for my taste but that's just a personal preference. As people have mentioned before, the bathroom is tiny; the door barely clears the toilet when you open it. Water pressure in the shower is just ok. Hot water did not consistently come out of the shower. Sink area was large but there is carpeting under it. Yuck.

The carpet could have been cleaner for sure. As others have mentioned, I'm not sure when the hallway carpets were vacuumed last but I can't imagine it was in the past week.

Character breakfast buffet was fun and was $50 per adult. Not crazy expensive and the buffet was large and quite good. The pool area is HUGE. It's quite lively as there are kids running around and playing all over the place. I didn't mind that at all. There is also a smaller quiet pool on the property but I didn't spend time there.

The best part about this hotel for us is BY FAR its proximity to EPCOT. It's a quick walk and you enter right at the bridge by France. It really doesn't get any better as far as convenience.

As much as we loved that aspect, however, we likely won't be staying here again unless we get another exceptional rate. I can't swallow paying $400 per night for an average room with questionable cleanliness.

Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Angelique M
London
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic Disney property. Incredibly helpful staff. Great location with the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios all in walking distance. Nice places to eat and drink here and the adjoining Yacht club - we love the burger and ice cream place and the steak house. Lovely pools, nice gym. On site shop with donuts. What's not to like

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick_the_Wise
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Disney Beach Club Villas over Labor Day weekend (thanks to my brother who is a Vacation Club member!!) It's been a while since I've stayed at Disney and my second time at the Beach Club and I have to say, it exceded my expectations and as someone who live in Florida and visits Disney often, this is not always easy to do. I feel like Disney gets better & better and they've ruined me for other Hotels. As soon as you pull up to the entrance, there is someone waiting to take you to the front desk. The room was beautiful, clean & well taken care of. The whole property is gorgeous & the pools are fun. I had an ice cream cone at the soda fountain & it's the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had! (I think it's Giradeli)
We got back to our the hotel late the night we were there (11:30) but I wasn't ready to call it a night, we went to the small bar in the hotel & she was closing up but we just wanted a glass of wine to take to the rocking chairs on the porch near the pool so she was nice enough to sell us a glass of wine. Disney truly has the most accommodating staff. The only bad thing is the price but you do get what you pay for!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacquie129
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful facility but one issue after another with service:
1. Check in took 45 minutes due to confusion about adjoining rooms. Had called several times the week before to confirm this wouldn't be an issue.
2. Poolside restaurant waited until the rest of the family's order was ready to tell us that wife's order was not available.
3. Housekeeping knocked every morning at 830 to find out "what time we were leaving."
4. In-room coffee wasn't replaced after the first day.
5. Etc

Stayed October 2013
9 Thank Eli P
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel, perfect location. A little aged in the corridors, but that's all forgiven as the staff are wonderful and we were given a free upgrade to concierge level when we arrived, couldn't have asked for more!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beccam1
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an excellent choice if you want to stay on disney and want easy access to all the parks (you can walk to Epcot in 2 mins). First class service, rooms are spacious and very clean. The hotel has a large pool so is ideal if you have kids and want to split time between the parks and the hotel.

It is set on the verge of a lake overlooking the Disney Boadwalk and next to the Yacht club. I used the gym facilities daily and they were excellent.

The food is fantastic and not at all cheap junk food.

A few tips if you're thinking of staying :

Go for the Disney dining plan option, saves money and makes eating easy.

The disney bus system is great, but if you're going to downtown disney after 3pm in the day give yourself an extra 30 mins as it attracts a lot of people on the evening.

It is expected to tip the staff which is just part of the culture.

Would certainly stay at the beach club again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends