“DVC Member underwhelmed but Disney came through as always” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Beach Club Resort

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Ranked #49 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“DVC Member underwhelmed but Disney came through as always”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited Beach club August 19-25. We are DVC members so we used points to stay there. We are a family of 4. The location to Epcot and Hollywood studios is unbeatable. The pool is by far the best pool at any of the Disney resorts. We were expecting everything to be great at Beach Club as we have heard great things about it. We unfortunately ran into a lot of issues at the resort which was extremely surprising to me. First and foremost, our room, a 1 bedroom suite in the villas was not ready until 4:45 pm which is totally and completely unacceptable! We were there early in the morning and almost missed our reservations at Be Our Guest because of it! We were first told that the rooms are typically guaranteed by 3pm, but we find out, no villa suites should ready around 4pm... It was closer to 5pm by the time the room was ready. We get a private drive to the Magic Kingdom from our resort so e can get to the restaurant on time. We call for the shuttle to get back to our resort and we have to wait almost an hour to get the private shuttle back to the resort. We get back to the room and the key cards we were given for the room do not work! So we have to run back to the front desk to get new key cards.... The next morning, e find out several issues with the room, the light in the closet is out, the frying pans are missing when I tried to make breakfast and one of the burners was not working on the electric stove. We finally get all of that resolved. It really seemed for a while like there was no one who knew what was going on at the resort, very very strange for a Walt Disney World Resort. My 84 year grandmother came to visit us for a couple of days. She does not get around very well and of course through disney resorts there is ALOT of walking. I tried to request a wheel chair through concierges but they said thy didn't have any available. The lady at concierges I spoke to was actually nasty with me over the phone and hung up on me. I was given misinformation over the phone when I called to inquire about certain events, etc. For example I inquired about welcome Wednesdays and what time I started. The lady gave me the wrong start time.
I was so fed up I called DVC directly and complained after I did not get satisfaction through management at the hotel. To Disney's credit they gave us a substantial credit since we lost a whole day at the resort because of the room debacle. Even the night before we left, I called down to bell services to get a bellhop to come up so I could have them bring the luggage down to my vehicle. I waited approximately 30 minutes after being assured several times that someone would be up and I finally said forget it and loaded the vehicle myself.
I would like to recognize 2 special guys who really did try and make our trip enjoyable even in the mist o all the disasters/issues we were having during our stay. Brandon from Ohio and Rony, one of the greeter at the front entrance to the lobby. Rony had a Mickey and Minnie doll sent to our room the night before we left for the kids and Brandon tried to help us with all our issues and was the who drove us to the park the first night so we could make it to dinner on time.
Despite the credits and everything management tried to do to make our stay better, if I am being fair and rating the Beach Club Resort based on performance, they really did a pretty bad job compared to the Disney standard. I have never experience such a poorly mismanaged Disney Resort and I am still in shock when I think of all the problems we had. I could see if it was another hotel chain but not Disney. We would try other Disney resorts before we came back to Beach Club.

4 Thank merkel1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Unfortunately, although my husband and I a Disney-lovers. We even moved to the Orlando area (have since moved back to my beloved Las Vegas). Before we moved, we decided to give ourselves a treat staying at the Beach Club==Club Level. Although, check in was efficient, the cast member was not very friendly, felt more like we were at the DMV. The room was okay, nothing special, and neither were the amenities like you get at the Poly or Grand Floridian. In plain English, Disney is getting cheap. The room was a lot smaller than the Poly standard level rooms --- I didn't have room for my wheelchair. My husband went to the lounge during the afternoon hours, -- no fruit (Poly and Grand Floridian ALWAYS had fruit available). The only thing they had were some cookies. Hardly any soda in the case and nobody looking like they were going to fill it soon. We were not there for the dinner appetizers because we went to see the Herman's Hermits Flower Power show (twice and they were great --- will see them here in Las Vegas too, even though we have to pay for the show, at least we won't have to stand in line for 2 hours in the sun beore the show to get a decent seat and I'd be happy to do that) We decided to skip Illuminations since we've seen it many times. We went into the concierge lounge which was supposed to have desserts and cordials from 8pm to 10pm. This was 9pm when we got there, all they had were the same lousy cookies from the afternoon and some tiny cupcakes, and by some, I mean about 3 of them, one for me, one for my husband, and we left one in case someone else would come looking for something. I asked a cast member for ice (there was NO ice bucket by the iced tea ) She says to me "there is an ice machine if you take your ice bucket from your room and go down this hall. I didn't mention === I am in a wheelchair! At 9 pm they were already emptying the soda case, putting plates away and trying every which way to get guests to leave. And all this service "?" for an additional $150 a night. I was so disgusted I went to the desk, asked if I could check out the next day without being charged and the cast member, this time someone a little more friendly, checked the computer and since we were not on a package, she refunded me the second night and I said "goodbye Disney"

Isn't it unfortunate that your last time at a WDW resort would be so unfavorable. Since moving back to Las Vegas --- it'll only Disneyland for us, where cast members still have the spirit of Walt Disney.

Room Tip: If you have disabilities or issues with walking, ask for a ground floor room near the lobby, of if y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AGentlRose
Kitchener, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited the Beach Club Aug 21-29 and stayed 8 nights. It was our 10yr wedding anniversary, we had originally booked a typical hotel room on the club level where we have stayed before. I kept in constant communication with the consierge staff and asked if they could squeeze us into a 2 bedroom suite since we've stayed before and because we had 4 kids aged 7,4,2 and 3 months old. Upon arrival we were indeed placed into a 2 bedroom suite, which retails for $1833.00 a night! This suite was perfect for us! Our 3 boys shared the one bedroom that had 3 queen beds. We slept in the master bedroom with our new born. You also have a large livingroom area, wetbar and 2 massive balconies. It was approx 1200-1300sq ft, simply amazing. Could not have asked for anything better. The club level is good for breakfast, nothing fancy however, typical continental stuff that we took back down to our room to eat out on our balcony. As other reviewers eluded to the lounge is not well stocked with food and is disappointing in that regard, but it was well worth us to pay for the club level as we were upgraded to the largest room on their property! The pool is the focal point that has something for all age levels from a huge water slide, to a kiddie size one, to a lazy river, to a nice shallow area for the young kids, best pool anywhere in the world. It's close proximity to all of the parks is one main reason to stay here. Walk to Epcot or Disney's Studios, or you can take a boat to the studios. To get to magic kingdom we walk through epcot and catch the monorail. Saves us from trying to haul two double strollers and all personal effects + 4 kids onto a bus. We drove our own vehicle to Animal Kingdom, literally 8 minutes away. Perfect stay, perfect hotel, can't wait to return!

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent accommodation & location. Good size rooms with two queen size beds, with fridge included. Everywhere looks pristine & freshly painted 'New England' style. Pool excellent with great lazy river & chute. A good choice for a family with teenagers. The Yacht Club Hotel next door appears a lot more sedate. Good access to Epcot & Boardwalk, both only a short walk away.
Only slight down side was the shuttle service which, although a great free service to all parks, can be full at busy times as it supports another four disney hotels.
I can't get over how there were no flies or mosquitoes, only cute bugs like dragonflies & butterflies. don't know how Disney do it. All part of the magic!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had an amazing 2nd week in Orlando staying at the Beach Club Resort. We booked through an online website for £1800 for 5 adults including free Disney Dining Plan.
The room was very clean and we were sited on the 2nd floor, which included a full balcony. We did overlook the back over some rooftops, but as we didn't spend much time in the room, was not a problem. The room was located directly above the Marketplace, but was very quiet.
The room was nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable. The kids loved the pool area and made the most of it. Would definitely recommend staying here, especially on the dining plan. I added up the cost of all the food and taxes etc. and we saved £1450 ( so in effect cost only £350 for the room). We ate at some really nice restaurants and gave us many "firsts" despite this being our 8th time to Orlando, was our 1st time onsite. It gave us a very good opinion of staying onsite, but then it is classed as a deluxe, so anything less may not be to our taste.
We didn't make any requests for our room, but they did know it was our anniversary. Room number was 2616 - and was literally just up a few stairs and down the corridor 50 feet, so very close to main reception and foyer.
Epcot was just a 5 minute walk and we walked to/from Hollywood studios in 20 minutes and was a very pleasant walk.

4 Thank SheilaM70
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

While we have been to Disney nearly twice yearly for the past twenty years, we had not yet stayed at the Beach Club Resort. Our hopes were high .... apparently, too high. Our traveling party of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) had very cramped living space in our suite. There was no sleeper sofa, no third bathroom, no real kitchen area, and you are a very long walk & elevator ride away from the concierge level (where the Stone Harbor Club is). Additionally, the Harbor Club is closed almost all the time. When they do open their doors, don't expect much-- a jar of trail mix, a jar of juju fish, and some pretzels. By far, this is the worst concierge service going in Disney property.
Also, the wifi is non functional.
Save your money and stay at a better Disney resort, such as the Contemporary or Grand Floridian.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DrRxinTN
East Quogue, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Location was our prime concern because of the use of an electric scooter.The hotel room with its walk in shower and bench,the buses, boats, and mono-rail made getting around from park to park
very handicap friendly.Being with my grand children and family of 12 the Beach Club Resort was the best choice if we as a group wanted to get in as much as we could in one week.Without the concierge and all their help our trip would not have been magical.Value wise we could have gone cheaper but Grandpa and Grand children wold have missed a lot together.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elevators have plugs in the hallway for scooters. You don't have clutter you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family