Just got back from the BeachClub resort with my husband and 2 kids, 18 and 16. When I made my reservation, I did request a larger balcony, as half the resort had large balconies with 2 chairs and a table and the other half had tiny balconies for one or 2 people to just stand on. When we arrived at the resort at 11am, my room was ready, which I was pleased about since check in is not until 3pm, but I did not get the larger balcony. I dont spend much time out there except its nice to sit out there in the morning and have a cup of coffee while I wait for the rest of my family to get up and get ready for the day, but it really was fine. The room was very nice and there was a day bed large enough for my 16 year old to sleep on. I booked a garden view, and got a nice view on the 3rd floor of the courtyard, with a bit of a view of storm along bay and a bit of a view of the bay..room 3635..
The best parts of the resort are the proximity to Epcot, 5 minute walk. And the ferry to Hollywood Studios was nice too. The Boardwalk is just a short walk also. The pool is nice, sand bottom, slide, all very good. But it didnt open until 10am, which I think is late.
The worst part is there are not many food options. Beaches and Cream is always busy, usually an hour wait. The food was good, good burgers, good desserts..If you dont like seafood, then the Cape May buffet for dinner is not an option either. There is store, the Marketplace that does have a few sandwhiches and salads that is open until 11am.
I allso liked the online airline checkin service. Our boarding passes were slipped under our door on the morning we were leaving. And the bus service to the parks was also pretty good. Never had to wait long.
I think I would stay here again, and I would recommend it. It was very clean, everyone was friendly, I had no issues or problems with the place at all. When we needed more towels or blankets, they brought them up right away, our room was always cleaned when we returned from a day at the parks or pool..
Other reviews that say there is an odor or that the place is beginning to show signs of its age..I really dont know what they are talking about. I didnt find it old or smelly in the least.
I think if you have reservations for this resort..you will be very happy with your choice and you will enjoy it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort