First time stay as club intrawest exchange members. I would recommend this property for families.
We had a two bedroom villa. Ok view of the quiet pool and the lake. No view of Epcot, beach or fireworks.
Balcony was poor at best. Small, old, kind of dirty...bugs everywhere. So unlike ther properties we would sit out every night, this one we never sat out.
Master bedroom was good. King bed was comfortable, but they had 4 very small pillows.
We had separate sinks which helped. Doors to washrooms and shower were oldly placed and designed.
Girls (10 and 6) loved their room as they had their own tv,couch, sinks and washrooms. King bed also
Rooms were very quiet for a large family resort property.
Had just about everything you would want for kids. Daily pool activities were available. Water slide was a huge hit. It looks larger but you go pretty slow...my 6 year old loved it. There's also a kiddy slide for the younger kids.
Nightly movies at the beach every night. Kids loved this.
S'mores every night at the beach
It is a larger property which is not ideally setup. We had to walk from our villa to the man building, outside to boardwalk just to go to pools. Makes little sense.
Difficult to find your way around the property as you are often turned around due it's setup.
Huge pool area that includes beach and yaht clubs together. I found the pools very difficult to manage the kids. Pools are often separated by bridge or rock structures and its hard to keep the kids in view. The water slide you have to leave the property and go across to the beach...again difficult to manage the kids.
The pool area is beautiful and very well maintained. Life guards are top notch.
Restaurants on the boardwalk are poor for the most part and very pricey. If you have a full kitchen you should look into groceries. Nothing we could find within walking distance was good prices. We did find a service we will try next time called gardengrocer.com. Cannot recommend but worth a look.
I do believe overall that Disney should do a better job of providing higher quality, lower priced eats. All food was terrible and very over priced.
Note that the boardwalk is niceto walk and helps the location overall but the eats are again very overpriced and the quality is low.
Staff is very knowledgable. Free shuttles to parks,free boat rides to hollywood studios and Epcot.
20 minutes away via free ride is a great benefit.
Overall, I see this resort as a good family resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelPower, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort