“Friendly Service, Great Location... Coolest Pool”

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Ranked #63 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I visited the Beach Club last Halloween. To start, they gave my grandmother a wheelchair to keep and take anywhere for the entire 9 days we were there for free. The staff were the friendliest people I've met in Disney. The room was great. A two bed room that was really comfortable. It was spotless! The lobby is very quiet and has paths leading to the rooms area, the cafe and the Yacht Club Resort (Which is right next to the Beach Club). Most of the Eateries are in the Yacht Club and they are really good!

Next, location... The location of this hotel is amazing. It's a walks away from Epcot, a 10 minute ferry ride away from the Magic Kingdom and the Boardwalk is right behind it. I walked to Epcot so many times during the trip!

The Pool is the most amazing thing. It has a sand like material at the bottom of it! It feels like you're walking in the ocean!

Overall, this is the best place in Disney as far as service and peace. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,863)

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We've been to Disney many, many times, at least annually for the past 10 years, and have stayed in many types of Disney resorts. This includes the Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs, Carribbean Beach, Port Orleans, Fort Wilderness, Bay Lake Towers, and the Boardwalk. Most of our stays in the past 5-10 years have been in the Disney Beach Club Villas because we were staying with family that has the DVC. This was our first time staying in the Beach Club Hotel portion of the property, on the Club Level and it was a really nice bonus.

The Beach Club is our favorite property overall. It has a very tropical, resort-like feel to it that makes you feel like you're on vacation as soon as you check-in. The lobby is filled with fresh flowers and smells terrific too. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a nice bonus too - much easier to walk to both (or take the boat) rather than load into a bus or car with strollers, etc. We all love the POOL - the different areas are perfect for keeping our whole family happy for hours.

The restaurants are a good variety too - Beaches & Cream is casual and fun, Hurricane Hanna's is convenient near the pool, the Marketplace offers a decent quick service and the Cape May Cafe has an excellent buffett for both breakfast (character) and dinner. Other family members have also eaten in the Yachtsman, and have said it is consistently excellent.

This trip we decided not to buy the Disney Dining Plan to see how things went with the Club Level. First of all, the room size was adequate for our family because the kids are all under 11 years old, but if we were trying to fit 4 grown children plus 2 adults, it would have been way too small. Not sure if they offer a larger room, but this was meant to sleep 6. We usually have all the conveniences of the Villas, but the refrigerator is a nice touch and comes in handy with young kids. It was clean, comfortable and in a convenient location right above the lobby.

The Club Level employees all go out of their way to make the whole family feel special. From the moment we checked-in, we felt pampered and taken care of. The continental breakfast includes cereal, bagels, fruit, danishes, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and oatmeal - all the things our family eats anyway, so it was perfect for us. The snacks and candy were a big hit with the kids (hope I never see another Swedish fish!), as was the constant availability of drinks. Because we were on the move most days, we didn't get to fully take advantage of the hors deuvers in the evening or desserts at night, but when we did have them, there was a nice selection of both adult and kid-friendly choices. Although there are posted hours for each "meal", we suspect you can request anything, anytime. The dining room area is roomy, and the small tables and chairs for the kids are great.

It was my daughter's 11th birthday, and on the first day, they brought her a balloon bouquet tied to several packs of candy, along with a personalized card. It was HUGE hit with her, and really made her day. One of the employees also made her a special birthday pin with rhinestones, glitter and her name. She had already been given one of the standard birthday pins, so this was a really nice touch. It had to take him some time to make it and made her feel very special.

Overall, we LOVE the Beach Club. The Club level was a nice change, and while we had the breakfast and snacks everyday, we really didn't get to take advantage of the rest because we were at the parks. Not sure it "saved" us any money on meals, given the difference in price for the room, but I would definitely do it again.

1  Thank quickgetaway
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Disney Beach Club Resort while attending a convention in Orlando. We also combined it with a family vacation. Our room was the perfect location, Pool and Boardwalk view on the first floor, right off the lobby/marketplace. We had a very spacious two bedroom suite with fresh cut flower arrangements. One of the best features was the concierge lounge where we ate most of our breakfasts and had many snacks throughout the day (including lobster salad and beer and wine). It made the price of the suite more of a value.
There is a Buffet Character Breakfast that featured Minnie, Goofy, and Donald Duck
The Beach Club Resort is a perfect location, central to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and a short walk over to the Boardwalk Resort area. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Our family (2 adults and 2 children, aged 9 and 11) just returned from a wonderful Disney vacation at the Beach Club. The room was lovely - I appreciated the sink area outside the closed shower/toilet area, and the fact that this area was set away from the main room, allowing some privacy for changing. We also were upgraded to a water view room, and had a gorgeous view of the lagoon. We stayed Club Level, which I would strongly recommend if it is in the budget - we had 2 character breakfasts, but otherwise had all breakfasts in the Stone Harbour Club. With four people in the room and a small balcony (not the Juliet style balcony you see, but still only big enough for 2 chairs and a small table) the Club Lounge was incredibly useful for extra space. The offerings for breakfast were wonderful - cold cereal, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurts and breads and pastries galore. The 5-7 offerings were also delicious and plentiful, and varied somewhat daily. The lobster salad was my personal favorite. The Concierge Cast Members were also very helpful, and made changes to our dining reservations for us and even arranged for a tshirt pickup at Downtown Disney when we ran out of time on our last day.

And then there was the smell in the lobby - oh, if only I could recapture that smell at home I would never leave!

The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was wonderful, and having to only take buses to Magic Kingdom (bus was quick and painless) and Animal Kingdom was a bonus. Buses to Typhoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney were long and painful. As for restaurant options, with Epcot on your doorstep (we ate in Japan, Germany and France) and all the Boardwalk area restaurants, along with Cape May Cafe and the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club, and the quick service options from the Marketplace, I don't understand how people could complain about the lack of restaurants.

Overall, if we return (or should I say WHEN) DD wants to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but since I can't imagine not staying at the Beach Club again, it will have to be a split stay! :)

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Feckless
Reviewed May 13, 2012

After reading many wonderful reviews on Disney's Beach Club Resort, my spouse and I were very much looking forward to staying at this resort. Unfortunately, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth and would never return to this particular resort again - nor could I recommend it to others.

The first room we were assigned was a king bed room right off the lobby. After reading many times that every room has some sort of balcony, we were surprised to find that our room did not have any form of a balcony. The room was dark, drab and dingy - the complete opposite of the lobby just a few steps away. We decided to go back down to the front desk and ask if there was another room available. We were told there was - but it would be the furthest room in the entire resort from the lobby. This was fine for us - no problem. We got to the room and immediately found that it was overlooking the loading dock at the rear of the hotel. There were several transport trucks out there with their engines idling, some construction noise and an extensive view of nothing but cement. Word to the wise - if you pay for the standard view room - this is what you will be assigned. We thought we would try one more time - and at this point I was seriously considering moving resorts altogether. Talked to the front desk again, stated that we will completely forgo the king bed - we will take whatever - and pay for an upgrade - just please give us a decent room this time. To their credit - this hotel's employees were very understanding and polite, and were more than happy to move us again. (and let me add I have never in my life moved hotel rooms even once, let alone twice). The third room was on the third floor and had two queen beds, and overlooked the roof of the level below. It had a balcony, and for this alone we were very grateful. Unfortunately, the toilet had mold growing out of the tank onto the sides of the toilet which I wiped up because it was absolutely disgusting and unsanitary, and there was a huge area of the carpet by the front door which was extremely damp for the entire 5 days we were there. It was near the a/c vent, so I think this had something to do with it. I was not comfortable with walking barefoot in the room - and would not take off my sandals. Outside of our room, the hallway smelled of stale urine - which again, is something I have never experienced in any other hotel.

The postives - the location cannot be beat. It is a beautiful 5 minute walk to the Epcot International Gateway entrance. The grounds are very well kept, and the employees are very pleasant and friendly.

I only wish the same amount of attention and care had been given to the rooms and hallways of this resort. To say I was disappointed in the Beach Club Resort would be an understatement.

Room Tip: I cannot advise anyone to pay for a room at this hotel - solely based on the cleanliness level which...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DeniseJames_2005
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This was our first stay at the Beach Club. The room we stayed in was not clean, the toilet was dirty the floor in the bathroom was dirty, there was dried spots of old toothpaste on the counter top on the vanity. It didn't look like the furniture had been moved and cleaned behind in months. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, we woke up feeling sore and miserable every morning. I did complain three times about the room being dirty, the first time someone came in and cleaned around the bottom of the toilet. The second time they came and cleaned a little bit more, although there was still old toothpaste on the vanity. The third time the housekeeper manager went in and checked it after it had been cleaned and then called my cell phone to ask if it was okay. Well I didn't really feel like spending time while at was the park to talk about the stupid room at that point...and although it got a little better, If I have to go in and tell housekeeping how to do their job it just isn't somewhere I want to stay.
I have stayed at several other Orlando Hotels that were extremely clean and nice. I would totally recommend The Peabody Hotel or the Gaylord Palms and also the Rosen Center is nice.

Room Tip: I don't recommend this Hotel to anyone.
2  Thank cindysbirks
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I´ve been there in May 2012 and will certainly come back. The hotel provides that magic experience that you find only at Disney. Very clean, comfortable bed and very kind staff(although a little bit confusing).
It has 2 pools, one very crowded and with lots of kids and another one very exclsuive(with a nice spa beside it).
The location is definetly the best: you can walk to the boardwalk, to Epcot and to other Disney resorts that have good restaurants as well. The breakfast is good although expensive but it has a very good cafeteria with other options(yougurts, croissants, milk, teas etc). If you have kids they will love to have breakfast with all Disney characters that are in the main restaurant every morning(make a reservation because it gets really crowded after 8;15) .
My room was very quiet but some family members complained a little bit about some noise in the corridor.
Another positive thing is that you can also have free transportation to all disney parks and to downtown disney.

4  Thank thelenoforte