1,848 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowinnkeepers clubquiet pooldance hallbeach clubthe busworld showcasewalking distance to epcotespn zoneswan dolphinmagic kingdomcrescent lakefunnel cakefood and wine festival
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed in the garden suite of the boardwalk inn. The only real negative was the very musty smell in the room. We had an upstairs/downstairs room. The odor was overwhelming when we arrived and they have a dehumidifier in the room. Over time, that helped but never really eliminated the odor. It was a bit bothersome and if you have allergies it would be a real deal breaker. Otherwise the Innkeepers suite was a nice luxury for morning breakfast and snacks. the location is very convenient for Epcot and MGM studios. Overall we had a wonderful time but i would not stay in this suite again due to the odor issue.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Boardwalk rooms very old. You can hear all the noise coming from the other rooms also.
Service at some of the restaurants very slow in preparing food.
Front desk staff clueless

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This was our first stay at the Boardwalk. We stayed at Port Orleans for 2 nights in order to take advantage of boat transportation to Downtown Disney, and then transferred to Boardwalk to be near Epcot. (Also saved $ by splitting time between mid- and deluxe-priced resorts). Had no issues with our luggage being moved from one resort to the other - very efficiently handled while we were at the parks.

Boardwalk is a large resort, with conference center. My kids were disappointed by no free WiFi, but liked the room layout and location. Our room on the 3rd floor overlooked the front entrance and Magical Express pickup location, but I'm actually glad we didn't pay more to overlook the boardwalk and water, because I think those rooms would pick up a lot of the noise below. Walking back from Epcot one night at 11 pm, there were groups of teenagers throwing a football on the lawn area between the hotel and boardwalk itself, and I'd imagine the sound just amplified, up to the higher floors.

Pastries/breakfast beverages were sold in the small lounge area on the 2nd floor, and I think the pastries were from the Boardwalk Bakery. In the morning, long lines formed outside the Bakery on the boardwalk outside, but there was a little cart/vendor right across from the Bakery selling the same items, with no line! We saved a lot of time by buying them at the cart, and eating while walking to Epcot.

Main draw to this resort for us was the walkability to Epcot. The entrance to Epcot is between the France and England pavilions, and it's great to not have to deal with the long lines at the main entrance to the park. Takes about 5-10 minutes, depending how fast you walk. My only gripe is with the "bag inspection" - is anything actually found in a bag that is ever an issue? It really holds up the line when you get behind a family who brings 3 large stuffed backpacks with 18 different compartments in each pack! (What the heck do they pack in those, anyway?)

The pool's waterslide was closed for repairs when we were there, and the first day the pool was closed when spraypaint got in the water. Disappointing, but what can you do? Pool was open the next day, and seemed very clean. Bar near the pool serves drinks and snacks.

We ate at ESPN Club 2 nights - very easy to get seats in restaurant part, because most people want to be in the area where they broadcast (on the left as you walk in). Kids loved the Club - "Mom, there are 8 TVs in the restrooms!" and staff will change a channel for you, so you can watch what you want while you eat.

Walked to marina on the opposite side of the lake, and rented Jet Skis (can't remember Disney's name for them). Kids 12 and older can drive by themselves, and this was a nice break from the theme parks on a hot day. Charge was around $32 for 1/2 hour and $45 for 60 minutes. 2 can fit in each Jet Ski.

Room and hotel was very clean, and beds comfortable. Magical Express worked great.

2  Thank ramoness
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I was at Disney for unfortunately only one night to run the half-marathon in January. Booked a standard view room and the room had a balcony where you could see the EPCOT Eiffel Tower and the fireworks at night! Room was clean and service was friendly although for some reason check-in was very very slow. Location was terrific! The mozzarella sandwich at the bakery was truly outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NutMeg17
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach. It was a strong desire to stay at the Boardwalk, so when my husband's company arranged a conference there I HAD to tag along :)

I LOVED how close the property was to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. It not only was within walking distance, but if you started walking before the boat left the dock at the resort, you could beat the boat to the gate to both parks. With a park hopper it was definitely worth staying at Boardwalk.

The rooms were pretty consistent with the other rooms that I have stayed in at the other resorts. Double sinks came in handy. The water pressure did not seem great. Loved the balcony that looked out onto the Boardwalk. I liked how close of a walk it was to get to our room from anywhere in the property (unlike AKL). Only issue with the sound in the room was that you could hear the boats coming in and some captains liked to honk excessively compared to others.

The service was good, check-in took very little time (which was good because it was close to 1am when we checked in). However the staff member did not seem like the friendliest person working..but it could have also been the late time we were checking in.

The Boardwalk was a great place to hang out as well...we went to Kouzzina for dinner our first night and it was really good (make reservations in advance though). The Sangria was awesome as well and you can get it at the pizza window! The Bakery was really good (I loved the tomato and mozzarella sandwich). We also went to Jellyrolls, which even though there is a cover charge to get in, it was well worth the money and we had a blast it was so entertaining.

The pool area was cool, like the big kid that I am I had to try the waterslide which was alot of fun. But the following day, I opted for the "quiet pool" which was very nice and the temperature of the water was nice and warm as well.

The Magic Express was not that convenient, at the airport we were told that at 12pm, we would have to wait 45 minutes...so we opted for a taxi. On the way back to the airport they left a note under the door for a pick-up 4 hours before my flight. I took a taxi 2 hours before my flight and had no issues.

In short based on our travel preferences this would be the best option for us to stay, because of the proximity to the parks, the nightlife options and the food options.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business