“Best Resort at WDW”

Ranked #53 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Resort at WDW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

If you are visiting Walt Disney World for vacation, and you want to visit both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, and even The Magic Kingdom, this is definitely the place to stay. Not only is the hotel clean, beautiful, and has great pools, but the walking distance to Epcot, DHS, and the BoardWalk is incredible! Easily the best resort at Walt Disney World.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom vacation club villa (preferred view-main pool), could not have been better. A great central location with a short walk to Disney Hollywood Studios and Epcot's world showcase. Can't think of anything I would change. We are already planing our return stay at this Disney resort!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank toby495
Lacey, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was about our 25th trip to WDW since 1980. As we live in Washington state a trip to WDW is somewhat of a big deal. We have stayed in the Value Resorts and others, last year was the Grand Floridian. This year we decided to do the Boardwalk, we even took the Conciere package. The Boardwalk Conciere staff was very friendly. However, for the 8 days there - there was 3 days our room did not get serviced. We talked to staff late in the day the first day and asked if we could at least have our dirty towels picked - they did - and didn't leave clean ones. The second day of no service we asked and then later Housekeeping Management came to our door asking if we knew where there staff was! Other 'Magic Deterents' included filthy rest rooms right on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom (right next to the Plaza Resturant) and in Mickey's Tune Town Fair in Magic Kingdom. At a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Hotel) the syrup was empty, and I asked about it - and I was told it was gone. We observed more trash in the parks, unfriendly cast members throughout all parks. I was at Disneyland on opening day, and have always been a Mickey Fan; but for the price/cost of this latest visit, we are considering going elsewhere in the future. Our daughter had the room right next to ours and had her 4 year old daughter with her. We did the best we could with what was offered, but definitely not what we expected for the cost. I believe WDW needs to get back to the basics of the 'Magic' they once promoted.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank azitizLacey_WA
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Just returned from a 7 night 8 day stay at the Boardwalk Inn. I thought that the hotel was a lot of fun and it provided great entertainment throughout the nighttime. But, there were some drawbacks to the hotel. Three years ago I stayed at the Moderate level resort hotel, Port Orleans French Quarter, I would stay there again before the Boardwalk. I say this because the room we received was a standard room but it looked so outdated, paint was peeling off of the walls, the bathroom was very tiny, the room looked like a value resort level room. I just felt like for the price we paid, the room would have been up to better conditions. Honesty, for anyone who is over 21 and traveling to Disney World, if you plan on spending all day at the park and just going to the hotel to sleep, just do the Value or Moderate resort levels. Also, the bus service for Boardwalk was VERY slow. Especially the Downtown Disney Bus. We stopped at one of the water parks and 4 hotels before we got to the Boardwalk. It easily took about an hour to get from Downtown Disney to the Boardwalk. The same went for the ferry to and from Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Boardwalk is the last stop on all of these. Honestly, I thought for what we paid, we would get more. Also, make sure to put the privacy sign outside your door! Right at 8:30 a.m. we had housekeeping knocking on our door waking us up! I really think that the Boardwalk is a nice place to visit during the day or night, but not worth the amount that it costs. Stay at the French Quarter in Port Orleans if you want a nice stay but know you will be staying at the parks a lot!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dancer3644
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn from July 11 through July 16, 2010. We had a wonderful stay. There are many perks to staying at the Boardwalk Inn. The Boardwalk has great dining, shopping, and entertainment. You are able to walk or take the water taxi to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Your luggage is retrieved by the staff when you arive and brought to your room. Valet parking is available, but we decided to self-park for free. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They gave my son and niece stickers and balloons several times during our stay. We had a standard room with a garden view, and we could watch Epcot's fireworks from the patio. The main pool is huge. Even though there were many people at the pool when we visited it, there were still lounge stairs available and plenty of room to swim in the pool. The slide was fun. I was the only in my family to try it. Apparantly, I'm the only thrill seaker. The beds and pillows are super comfy. I really like how there are two sinks outside of the bathroom. This design made it easy for my me and my family to get ready in the mornings. My favorite part of the stay was walking to Epcot and eating at Bistro de Paris. My mother kept the kids while my husband and I had an evening to ourselves. While we were eating, we were able to watch the fireworks. It's expensive, but it was worth the experience for us. Our waitor was great. He walked us through the menu and even taught us a little of the French language.

1 Thank ShavonneTurner
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

Stayed at the hotel in July. Entry door to the hall near our room made loud creaking noise. kept us up. Made people awaere 3 times. They fixed it the next day.......as we were checking out! All this took was to oil a hinge and they could not get it done at 1:00, or 3:00 or 11:00 PM. They waited until the next morning. When i called the hotel managers office on Monday......the reponse was ......sorry...we will talk to engineering.
Engineering? this probably needed a squirt of oil.
Not worth the money. Over priced underdelivered!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank votewithyourwallet
Euless
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for 4 days with my husband and two young daughters. We absolutely loved our stay. The room (standard view) was beautiful and very clean. Service was friendly and prompt. We loved the access to the Boardwalk shops and restaurants, which gave us plenty to do between visiting the theme parks. I could not imagine staying anywhere else. My girls loved that there were 2 separate pools and they often had the "quiet pool" to themselves for hours on end as opposed to the busy water slide pool. Everyone was nice - we had no problems. It was a beautiful stay - we would stay there again next time. I loved that we could take go downstairs and take the ferry boat to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, as an alternative to taking the complimentary bus ride, which was always crowded. Loved, loved, loved the boardwalk. I recommend it. The rooms were roomy and the beds were out of this world luxurious and comfortable. It was luxury and deluxe all the way. One hitch the whole trip: do not order room service - go downstairs and find a restaurant. We had breakfast delivered and the food was inedible...but we enjoyed the food at all the restaurants we ate at (ESPN, Big Grill, Flying Fish, Cape May...all excellent)

2 Thank disneyfamilylover16